Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Xpel...Never again.

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 06:59 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

If the dealership scratched your wheels all up during a tire change, and you complained to Pirelli, I suspect you would have trouble getting a response from them, let alone an offer for refund or replacement.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:15 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
If the dealership scratched your wheels all up during a tire change, and you complained to Pirelli, I suspect you would have trouble getting a response from them, let alone an offer for refund or replacement.
don't play lawyer online.
Old 07-21-2016, 07:41 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by XPEL
Giuseppe,

The refund was offered in an email from Jeff Phillips dated yesterday (July 20th) at 2:19 PM along with two other bits of correspondence. I hadn't seen your latest response in regards to the drive time etc. by the time I posted my response to this thread since it had just come in this afternoon (well after you started this thread I might add) and was not addressed to me. Your screenshot also shows that you called Jeff Phillips, not me.

If you have audio/video that shows something contrary to what I have read in the email exchanges, case logs and what I have been told by those involved, I would very much like to see it. If someone here at this company has been dishonest with me, you can bet I will take care of it. It is, and always has been, XPEL's policy to ensure 100% customer satisfaction regardless of the situation.

R_Rated, if you have an unresolved issue, please let me know and I'll look into it for you.

Tim
Tim,

You haven't reached out to me even thought you wrote you spent a few hours talking to the people involved in this, the installation was considered "normal" until it became public. David told me when I met him that the mirror should be redone, overall his impression is that I was being unreasonable.

I have wrote in my 1st email to XPEL support this:

I will not go back to this installer, so please understand that this is not something I would consider.

And XPEL offer from yesterday was:

I have spoken with the owner, and he is willing to remove all of the film and issue a full refund

Do you know why I don't want to take it back there? Ask David.

Let's do this, why don't you post what your employees told you and then I share the videos and phone calls?

I'm putting them all on YouTube for everyone to watch.

Let's see if they match...
Old 07-21-2016, 08:11 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts

Giuseppe,

In a nutshell, the rep told me that once he had seen the car, he agreed that the installation wasn't up to XPEL standards and vowed to you that we would get it taken care of. Jeff agreed with this and stated so in one of the emails to you where he detailed the issues he saw in the photos.

Both of them have been working with the original installer and others in the area over the last few days to come up with a solution, but so far none of the solutions have been to your liking. That's pretty much where we are right now.

I look forward to your video so I can get to the bottom of this and get it resolved.

Tim

Old 07-21-2016, 08:13 PM
Archimedes
Race Director

Received 3,858 Likes on 1,902 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
Let's do this, why don't you post what your employees told you and then I share the videos and phone calls?

I'm putting them all on YouTube for everyone to watch.

Let's see if they match...
FYI just in case, if you did not inform the individuals in advance that you were recording their calls, you might want to check your State laws before posting recordings of phone calls. Here in California, it's a crime to record someone via phone without their knowledge. Just passing that along, just in case.
Old 07-21-2016, 08:31 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Archimedes
FYI just in case, if you did not inform the individuals in advance that you were recording their calls, you might want to check your State laws before posting recordings of phone calls. Here in California, it's a crime to record someone via phone without their knowledge. Just passing that along, just in case.
Thank you for the heads up I appreciate it, I'm in a one party state (same as Texas)
Old 07-21-2016, 09:47 PM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry, GiuseppeM, that you have to spend your energy into this problem.

From your photos, IMO the installer did a bad job. Your black car also makes the bad job stands out more. I think Xpel is powerless because they depend their business too much on their dealers / installers. Your installers also aren't very nice and unprofessional with how they treated you.

But you must remember that Xpel is not car companies like Toyota, Honda or even Porsche where it is possible for you to go up the chain and get a reasonable solution. Also, I don't think they have any quality management in place.

From your information, I noticed that Xpel did try to fix the situation for you. Just remember that Xpel is just pieces of plastics. Removing them should not destroy your car or alter its resale value. I think you should just get it removed, get a full refund, and then find a better product with better installer. There are better people out there for you. The customs installation photos that someone posted earlier do look great, however.

If all solutions are not acceptable to you, I think you should get a lawyer to speak for you rather than speaking for yourself unless you are a lawyer. You will get better response and results this way.

I appreciate that you let rennlisters know about Xpel. I have Xpel on my car, and honestly I'm not all that satisfied with the installation quality. But, my car is white so it's much harder to see the imperfections without close inspection.

Just my $0.2
Old 07-21-2016, 10:15 PM
dhud
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All comes down to installer. I have XPEL. Had some issues. Not installer or product fault. No questions asked, installer removed and reapplied. Now perfect. IMHO, down to installer. I use http:/www.tvpauto.com/. Absolutely, the best. Period!!
Old 07-21-2016, 10:52 PM
///Armin
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

GiuseppeM,

I feel your pain! I too was recommend to go to Randy by XPEL recently when I had an issue with my other installer and my experience was not good. First of all I was quoted about 50% higher than any other installer in Va & surrounding states, to wrap the entire car was $7500 vs $5000 with other installers. Secondly, during my visit to his shop, when he was in the process of removing film, he literally used paper-towels to wipe the paint and that left a ton of swirl marks on my black GT3 (small area but still), I was actually a bit shocked that a detailer with years of experience didn't know that he should be using microfiber towels! And overall I never felt comfortable with him, he seemed aggressive and not someone that would care how the install went.

I have talked to just about every XPEL installer in our area, they all suck! I would not trust my car with any of them.....What you see posted by installers here on the forums is on an another level ....I would actually consider yourself lucky since I was screwed with my installer where I did not even get XPEL film on my car where that is what I had paid for!

Just giving you my .02 cents, we live in an area that just doesn't have good installers, Randy is probably the closet thing to someone who is somewhat capable but everyone else basically sucks. In my case XPEL management was very helpful and they are suffering because of lack of talent in our area, however I think they need to take a closer look at Randy's work and his customer service and his outrageous prices before they continue sending folks his way.

BTW we should get together sometime since you're in the area, we got a lot to talk about...
Old 07-21-2016, 11:33 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Porscheforever
I'm sorry, GiuseppeM, that you have to spend your energy into this problem.

From your photos, IMO the installer did a bad job. Your black car also makes the bad job stands out more. I think Xpel is powerless because they depend their business too much on their dealers / installers. Your installers also aren't very nice and unprofessional with how they treated you.

But you must remember that Xpel is not car companies like Toyota, Honda or even Porsche where it is possible for you to go up the chain and get a reasonable solution. Also, I don't think they have any quality management in place.

From your information, I noticed that Xpel did try to fix the situation for you. Just remember that Xpel is just pieces of plastics. Removing them should not destroy your car or alter its resale value. I think you should just get it removed, get a full refund, and then find a better product with better installer. There are better people out there for you. The customs installation photos that someone posted earlier do look great, however.

If all solutions are not acceptable to you, I think you should get a lawyer to speak for you rather than speaking for yourself unless you are a lawyer. You will get better response and results this way.

I appreciate that you let rennlisters know about Xpel. I have Xpel on my car, and honestly I'm not all that satisfied with the installation quality. But, my car is white so it's much harder to see the imperfections without close inspection.

Just my $0.2
Thank you for your support and feedback, one thing I'd like to say is that after seeing those pictures, I know that you would have never brought the car back to that shop, and the other local Xpel shops are even worse. So what Xpel call a solution, it really isn't, it's just asking for more trouble.
Also remember that the local Xpel representative found the job "normal" other than the mirror, now look at the pictures again, it's challenging to show in photos, but in person is bad.

Originally Posted by ///Armin
GiuseppeM,

I feel your pain! I too was recommend to go to Randy by XPEL recently when I had an issue with my other installer and my experience was not good. First of all I was quoted about 50% higher than any other installer in Va & surrounding states, to wrap the entire car was $7500 vs $5000 with other installers. Secondly, during my visit to his shop, when he was in the process of removing film, he literally used paper-towels to wipe the paint and that left a ton of swirl marks on my black GT3 (small area but still), I was actually a bit shocked that a detailer with years of experience didn't know that he should be using microfiber towels! And overall I never felt comfortable with him, he seemed aggressive and not someone that would care how the install went.

I have talked to just about every XPEL installer in our area, they all suck! I would not trust my car with any of them.....What you see posted by installers here on the forums is on an another level ....I would actually consider yourself lucky since I was screwed with my installer where I did not even get XPEL film on my car where that is what I had paid for!

Just giving you my .02 cents, we live in an area that just doesn't have good installers, Randy is probably the closet thing to someone who is somewhat capable but everyone else basically sucks. In my case XPEL management was very helpful and they are suffering because of lack of talent in our area, however I think they need to take a closer look at Randy's work and his customer service and his outrageous prices before they continue sending folks his way.

BTW we should get together sometime since you're in the area, we got a lot to talk about...
Yes he comes across very intimidating and when I pointed out the flaws in the installation he straight told me "that's normal" and "It will go away in 2 weeks." He also caused damages to my car that were shown to the Xpel representative so why the hell do they keep asking me to go back there.
Yeah I came to the conclusion that this area sucks for car stuff... PM me let's get together sometime!
Old 07-21-2016, 11:34 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow I feel lucky my car was not botched liked that, the aggrevation to have this fixed is on whole another level. If I were you, would drive it up to long island, guys at detail dynamics are awesome
Old 07-21-2016, 11:44 PM
GiuseppeM
Three Wheelin'

So after reading Tim Hartt's post again, am I the only one that couldn't find even a hint of apology in his message?

He just straight forward called me a liar.

I think nobody here argued that this is a bad installation done by an Authorized Installer (referred to me by Xpel itself) ...
Old 07-21-2016, 11:59 PM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Man, I would never take my car back to a place that ****ed up an install just to have it removed "for free".
For example, if they've cut into the paint during their **** install, as a previous member mentioned, how would you ever bring your car back to the same place.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:04 AM
Porscheforever
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM
So after reading Tim Hartt's post again, am I the only one that couldn't find even a hint of apology in his message?

He just straight forward called me a liar.

I think nobody here argued that this is a bad installation done by an Authorized Installer (referred to me by Xpel itself) ...
GiuseppeM, from what I see is that you are a dissatisfied customer (and rightly so), and they tried to seek a solution for you. They do not need to apologize because doing so means admitting their mistakes and having to pay $ for compensation if you claim more when it goes to court. Although it would be "ethical" for them to apologize, they did try to find solution to your problem.

IMO, just get it removed, get a refund, and find other better products with better installer. You posted here and got your point across. Myself, I would think twice before going with xpel again.

Again my $0.02
Old 07-22-2016, 12:04 AM
I am the Walrus
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by 996SPECticle
Take your refund and STFU!
Perhaps if you took your 96 dodge stratus for a car wash and once you got home found they had taken a dump in your console, you called to complain and were offered your $6 back, you might want more than a refund and a STFU...
On the other hand, you might appreciate somebody finally gave you a present or you wouldn't notice it anyways

Quick Reply: Xpel...Never again.