Sponsored by:

What did you buy your 991 today thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 11:08 AM
RichAA
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
I hope you climbed out! I'd like to see that video.
No kidding! He wanted it in that exact spot. I climbed out and routed the extension cord under the car.

ps Thanks for the checklist you posted. Very helpful.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:59 PM
EliteThink
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

looks awesome! the targa is so beautiful.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:34 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Just ordered FF transmission mounts and the silver gauge kit. Nothing earth shattering but cheap things to make my mistress more sorted.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:34 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Received 72 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
great score!
Thanks! The funny thing is, this started last week when I went to the tire store to get a slow leak repaired in my left rear tire. America's Tire store does free flat repairs (although there is a story about how that works, too) and they said my otherwise fine Pirelli tire had "previous repair work" and so they refused to reinstall the tire. Anyway, I took this as an opportunity to just upgrade to the new Michelins which needed to be ordered. During the waiting period for the tires to come in, I glanced on the local Craigslist (my first time in years) to see about selling my remaining three Pirellis and found the SportTechnos just listed. I, of course, jumped on them. The wheels were pretty dirty in the barrels, but the faces were nice. I spent a couple days cleaning them up. After adjusting the order for my new rear tire size, the shop mounted the tires onto the wheels, but put an almost dime-sized chip onto one of the spokes, front and center. The local wheel repair guy is out for a family emergency so I have to live with it for a while.
Originally Posted by 911boy
Nice!! Before you pick a color ask/look around. I have gloss on SQ5 and satin P101 on 911.......I won't do gloss again. Brake dust dulls finish first time you use brakes. I think your window trim is satin isnt it?
Will look cool once you paint them.
I recently installed Centric low-dust pads so I am not concerned about excessive brake dust anymore, and I wash my car every week, so I could probably maintain a gloss finish. I like your thinking, though. Yes, my trim is satin black. Are you thinking machined/black with a satin finish for the wheel?
Old 10-31-2017, 11:08 PM
shake1
Racer

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteducktail
I picked up some clean used narrow-body SportTechno wheels via Craigslist, along with some brand new Michelin PS4S tires. The new combo looks and rides great! However, the tire shop clumsily chipped the clear coat on one of the wheels, so I have to get it repaired. I may have the wheels painted either gloss black or gloss white (body color) with the machined faces.

Wow looks great, I actually like them in the silver...looks very classy. I think I saw these on craigslist as well but am holding out for for a widebody set. The Ad I was looking at had a pic of them on a red 911 vert and a great price. Did you upgrade from the 19"s?
Old 11-01-2017, 12:00 AM
whiteducktail
Racer

Originally Posted by shake1
Wow looks great, I actually like them in the silver...looks very classy. I think I saw these on craigslist as well but am holding out for for a widebody set. The Ad I was looking at had a pic of them on a red 911 vert and a great price. Did you upgrade from the 19"s?
Thanks! Yep, that was the ad. I had 20" Carrera S wheels in silver before. I am going to talk to Ed at West Coast Wheel Repair tomorrow about color change options. IMO, the light silver lacks the necessary contrast for a white car.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:41 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by whiteducktail
Thanks! Yep, that was the ad. I had 20" Carrera S wheels in silver before. I am going to talk to Ed at West Coast Wheel Repair tomorrow about color change options. IMO, the light silver lacks the necessary contrast for a white car.
How bad is the damage to the clear coat?

I have factory black machined finish sport technos for narrow bodies with brand new Pirellis. I like the silver look better. I'm on the east coast, so unless you have a hookup on shipping it may not be worth it, but let me know if you have any interest in trading.
Old 11-01-2017, 03:47 PM
whiteducktail
Racer

Originally Posted by dkmesa
How bad is the damage to the clear coat?

I have factory black machined finish sport technos for narrow bodies with brand new Pirellis. I like the silver look better. I'm on the east coast, so unless you have a hookup on shipping it may not be worth it, but let me know if you have any interest in trading.
Hi dkmesa, the chip is front and center on one of the spokes. Also, that same wheel has a very minor spot of curb rash. So, that wheel would need to be repaired/resprayed with clear coat. Just to avoid complications, I don't think I want to trade, but I appreciate the offer. I wish we were local to each other so we could evaluate a swap in person.

Old 11-01-2017, 06:24 PM
waiting for PDK
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Put on the winter shoes. The cart guy liked them.

(Thanks to Carlos at TAG Motorsports.)
Attached Images  
Old 11-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Costco?
Old 11-01-2017, 07:51 PM
waiting for PDK
Racer

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
Costco?
Winter wheel and tire swap at the dealer. Gas, Coke, TP, cereal, etc. from Costco. It's my only car.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:53 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 454 Likes on 306 Posts

I think you parked a little close to the store!!

I do like the wheels.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:53 PM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Just got my 40K service (even though I only have 34K miles) since my 2012.5 was past the 4 year mark.
Old 11-02-2017, 12:06 AM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by bright_medal
Just got my 40K service (even though I only have 34K miles) since my 2012.5 was past the 4 year mark.

and how much did that cost? ( thats a big one right?)
Old 11-02-2017, 12:21 AM
bright_medal
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by arter
and how much did that cost? ( thats a big one right?)
Yeah, that's a big one. It included an oil change, spark plugs, cabin filters, and engine air filters. I'll PM you with the price I paid.

Quick Reply: What did you buy your 991 today thread