Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2016, 01:31 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jackippo
Makes me feel a lot better, placed my order for a Targa 4S 2/17/16, June build July delivery. Called my dealer to make Some small changes and he told me some of the changes would delay vehicle a couple of weeks! I told him forget it, wasn't that big of a deal.
that does not sound right. if the build has not locked yet you can (or should) be able to make all the changes you want without losing your spot in the queue....
Old 04-14-2016, 01:46 PM
zuffen911J
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes April 15...tomorrow. The Green Cove ship will be in the Emden port. That ship is A vehicle carrier. There also are two other vehicle carriers at port right now. All three ships have delivered cars to the USA.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:53 PM
LCW
Pro

the only way to find out what ship your car is on, unfortunately, is to ask your salesman... its in their tracking system.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:10 PM
zuffen911J
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That is correct. I am just anticipating which ship. Once my sales rep gives me the name of the ship I will track that exact ship from port to port on marinetraffic.com. You have to pay a small fee and all the data for your ship will be available.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:26 PM
LCW
Pro

I was tracking mine through all those websites.. I noticed that you don't get updates while the ship is in the middle of the ocean as that signal goes through the satellites and they want you to pay for it... however, you do get free data once the ship is a few hundred miles from a coastline as it uses the terrestrial network... honestly, I did not find it necessary to pay a fee to watch a ship make a painfully slow voyage across the high seas... but I did enjoy watching the icon move in and out of the ports... (for free)...
Old 04-14-2016, 02:34 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
that does not sound right. if the build has not locked yet you can (or should) be able to make all the changes you want without losing your spot in the queue....
I know, I wanted to know if there was a chance to have my sport exhaust tips done in Black. He told me he would give Porsche a call and ask and if they would be able to do it, that it might delay the car. IDK, I am not taking any chances. I am sure there will be aftermarket tips sold in black sooner or later.
Old 04-14-2016, 02:39 PM
LCW
Pro

if you look on the configurator under "Performance" you see an item called "Sport Tailpipes in Black".. is that what you want?? if so, it is not a big deal.. I changed mine to silver just a couple of weeks before order lock and did not delay the build... if that is not what you want, then yes there may be a delay...
Old 04-14-2016, 03:01 PM
dflowerz
Burning Brakes

Received 65 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by zuffen911J
That is correct. I am just anticipating which ship. Once my sales rep gives me the name of the ship I will track that exact ship from port to port on marinetraffic.com. You have to pay a small fee and all the data for your ship will be available.
My rep let me know yesterday that my car is at Emden but does not know ship yet. Seems like earliest ship to San Diego is Green Cove. Pretty anxious to know!

Last edited by dflowerz; 04-14-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:02 PM
LCW
Pro

do you have PSE checked? I just noticed that if you do that, you cannot have the black tailpipes... so disregard my previous comment if you have PSE...
Old 04-14-2016, 03:04 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LCW
if you look on the configurator under "Performance" you see an item called "Sport Tailpipes in Black".. is that what you want?? if so, it is not a big deal.. I changed mine to silver just a couple of weeks before order lock and did not delay the build... if that is not what you want, then yes there may be a delay...
Thanks LCW, no I ordered the sport pkg with sport exhaust. The tips are in the middle of the bumper. I wanted those tips in black. I thought it didn't hurt to ask??
I guess if they were willing to do it, it would throw a monkey wrench into the build process. Like I said, the aftermarket companies will have them in no time. I wish the Targa GTS was out, that issue would have been taken care of.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:06 PM
LCW
Pro

you ordered a Targa, right?
Old 04-14-2016, 03:11 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LCW
you ordered a Targa, right?
yes, Targa 4S
Old 04-14-2016, 03:21 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by jackippo
Thanks LCW, no I ordered the sport pkg with sport exhaust. The tips are in the middle of the bumper. I wanted those tips in black. I thought it didn't hurt to ask??
I guess if they were willing to do it, it would throw a monkey wrench into the build process. Like I said, the aftermarket companies will have them in no time. I wish the Targa GTS was out, that issue would have been taken care of.
The OEM tips are the best quality. Any aftermarket I've seen don't even compare.

Take them off and have them ceramic coated black. Ceramic coating is the only coating that will take the extreme heat.

http://ccpcoatings.com

I had my .1 PSE tips done in a gunmetal.
Old 04-14-2016, 03:29 PM
LCW
Pro

there you go... STG to the rescue... painting them will provide months of entertainment..
Old 04-14-2016, 03:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
there you go... STG to the rescue... painting them will provide months of entertainment..
Normal powder coating and painting will fail. The ceramic coating which is also baked on, is good to around 2000 degrees or so. Good stuff! Ship them to them and a few days turn around. Under $300

I found out the hard way not doing it right the first time.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!