Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2016, 09:25 PM
gyangage
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by planet
No change during the month of September. 6 weeks since I placed my deposit, no sign of build allocation. Grumble. The dealer claims that this is somewhat unusual.
I thought you had an allocation already... Then we're in the same boat. It has been pretty hard only because I don't know how long an allocation is going to take. Once we have an allocation then at least we know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But this waiting, before we can officially wait, is especially painful.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:08 PM
planet
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAL2GK
I'm out of the waiting room as of last week. Here she is at Atlanta PEC just after being unveiled. I'll post a thread in the next day or two about my PEC experience, but wanted to sign off this thread with full closure.
Congratulations. Looks beautiful. Looking forward to reading about your experience.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:09 PM
planet
Instructor

Originally Posted by gyangage
I thought you had an allocation already... Then we're in the same boat. It has been pretty hard only because I don't know how long an allocation is going to take. Once we have an allocation then at least we know there is a light at the end of the tunnel. But this waiting, before we can officially wait, is especially painful.
Nope. Still waiting. Yeah, this unbounded waiting-to-wait is pretty strange to me. My BMW experience was much more transparent. Of course, volumes are a lot higher, but the customer experience (at least at that stage of the game) was better, too.
Old 09-27-2016, 10:18 PM
DoninDen
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by TTSPete
Just joined, having been following rennlist for a while. I am in the waiting room too, ordered TTS in August and my lock in date is September 24. I was told delivery is Christmas time. I am hoping earlier. Anybody have rough idea after lock in date? Also, anybody have any further word on the LA experience center? I was told it will open by thanksgiving but not necessarily to the public. I was hoping they would start deliveries like Atlanta. I guess we will see. I can't wait.
Santa is coming to town in style! Wow!
Old 09-27-2016, 11:45 PM
fuddman
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

No change during the month of September. 6 weeks since I placed my deposit, no sign of build allocation. Grumble. The dealer claims that this is somewhat unusual.
Has your build order been assigned a code V200- Delivery date determined?

I think the build clock starts with that code assignment instead of an "allocation" code assignment.

If you have the V200 on your order, then you should have an approximate delivery date. Next would be the code V250 - Vehicle fixed.
Old 09-28-2016, 01:02 AM
Joenyc
Instructor

Hi All,
Newbie 911 owner soon to be. Ordered a C4S Cabrio early September with a Mid Nov delivery. Built a Saphire Blue with Red/Blk interior and the Sports Pkg. Can't wait hope my baby arrives earlier.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:16 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

I'm out of the waiting room as of last week. Here she is at Atlanta PEC just after being unveiled. I'll post a thread in the next day or two about my PEC experience, but wanted to sign off this thread with full closure.
When did you order?
Old 09-28-2016, 08:24 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ordered during the last week of June. I had two dealerships with allocations in July vying for my business. Based on some of the wait times I've seen, I was fortunate.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:25 AM
TAL2GK
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Joenyc
Hi All,
Newbie 911 owner soon to be. Ordered a C4S Cabrio early September with a Mid Nov delivery. Built a Saphire Blue with Red/Blk interior and the Sports Pkg. Can't wait hope my baby arrives earlier.
I was severely tempted by that color combo, but was ultimately convinced it was a little bold for what I was going for.
Old 09-28-2016, 08:30 AM
Gary JR
Rennlist Member

Received 158 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by fuddman
Has your build order been assigned a code V200- Delivery date determined?

I think the build clock starts with that code assignment instead of an "allocation" code assignment.

If you have the V200 on your order, then you should have an approximate delivery date. Next would be the code V250 - Vehicle fixed.
For me it went like this -

V070 - Order demand released for order
notified by CA he has allocation
V200 - Delivery date determined
Old 09-28-2016, 09:05 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Originally Posted by Jenner
I test drove a C2S that had the roof rack installed with the sunroof. It would only let me open it a little bit.

Either the roof is smart enough to know when the rails are installed, or it has pinch protection, similar to auto up windows except in reverse where if it detects pressure it stops opening and retracts a few mm.
I sure wish this was the case...my sunroof now has a nice dent on it due to the sunroof opening. I'm calling Porsche this am to find out why it allows the roof to fully open...
Old 09-28-2016, 09:07 AM
Jenner
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by CamsPorsche
I sure wish this was the case...my sunroof now has a nice dent on it due to the sunroof opening.
Old 09-28-2016, 12:06 PM
trice9
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary JR
For me it went like this -

V070 - Order demand released for order
notified by CA he has allocation
V200 - Delivery date determined
After V200, comes 'V210 Change Freeze Point Reached'. My SA sends me two updates:

1) a screenshot of the "Overview" tab in the Porsche Sales & Vehicle Management System. That shows several things, including the current status (mine btw just hit V210). So not to confuse anyone, this V210 shows up on this tab and means you cannot change your car anymore; for those getting the schedule (described below) from their SAs, you may notice V210 is not part of the path there, but it is;

2) a screenshot of the "Tracking" tab, which shows the schedule and expected dates (e.g., entry to body shop, vehicle completion, port estimates, and dealer arrival estimate). Mine goes into production on 10/21 and is expected at the dealer on 12/16. Biggest variable is time in port and on the boat.

Planet, you should have your SA send you these screenshots every few weeks.

I got lucky with my allocation I believe. Went in in early September looking for a Targa allocation, was told by several dealers that's like finding a pink unicorn, would probably be a 6 month wait, but low and behold, my dealer was able to trade with another one who had an allocation. Can't wait.
Old 09-28-2016, 02:41 PM
racemor
Racer

Received 155 Likes on 47 Posts

Congratulations! That's right where my car was just a few weeks ago. Maybe we'll come across each other around town sometime.
Attached Images  
Old 09-28-2016, 05:02 PM
philg3
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 72 Posts

Schedules and tracking should be online, but since they aren't, your SA is your only source. Fortunately for me, mine is very responsive -- has been so since I ordered in May -- finally it's been built, on the ship, and should arrive in my final port -- San Diego in a couple+ weeks. You guys on the East Coast get yours much quicker. The previous schedule allowed 3 weeks at each port, actually took less than a week to hitch a ride at Emden. I should drive it away by end of October -- long journey, but well worth it, and its getting close. Was lucky to get an allocation back in May for a Turbo.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!