Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2016, 10:49 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Arlan has a good point about the silver tach.... Make sure you take a look at it in person and are sure that's what you want...
Old 04-13-2016, 10:51 PM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LCW
Yes, the wait is very painful...
The Wait will be over before you know it.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:55 PM
raymoni
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LCW
Hey congrats on the order... Yes, the wait is very painful...

Since you ask about the wheels, I personally am not a fan of black wheels, so my vote would be to stick with your current configuration. Vivekg on this forum just took delivery of a car with a very similar build and he posted a lot of pics.... It looks far better in real pics than in the rendering...

Good luck!!
Thanks LCW! YES vivekg is why i went with the sport wheels! I saw his pics and thought it looked much better then the configurator pics. I also got a chance to see the carrera s wheels in satin black at the dealer and was not impressed. I'm also liking the spyder wheels, but think they might be a little dark and will be tough to keep clean...
Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
12 days to go for me.... But who is counting ? :-)
Old 04-13-2016, 10:59 PM
raymoni
Intermediate

Is you order Locked yet? I made a mistake and did not check the option "Gauges in Black". I don't see it on you build. Perhaps you want the Silver/Gray Tachometer or you missed it, or did not list it here.

Your build is similar to mine except I have MS Spyder Wheels, Burmester, Sport Mirrors, No Sunroof, and Black on Black interior. I love the Bordeaux on Black interior. Good choice.
Thanks Arlan. I've heard a bunch of guys complaining about the grey Tach but i thought it would be nice with the grey paint. You think its better to go with the black tach? I considered the Burmeister stereo but for a garage queen i figured the Bose was good enough. I do love the spyder wheels. saw them in person at the dealer and they look so nice in person but am worried they might be tough to keep clean and wondered if they were to dark for the GT silver, but I might switch to them. I'm not locked in yet so I'm going to think it over...
Old 04-14-2016, 12:34 AM
arlan in arizona
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raymoni
Thanks Arlan. I've heard a bunch of guys complaining about the grey Tach but i thought it would be nice with the grey paint. You think its better to go with the black tach? I considered the Burmeister stereo but for a garage queen i figured the Bose was good enough. I do love the spyder wheels. saw them in person at the dealer and they look so nice in person but am worried they might be tough to keep clean and wondered if they were to dark for the GT silver, but I might switch to them. I'm not locked in yet so I'm going to think it over...
Well, I am kicking myself in the butt for not selecting the Gauges in Black, but it is up to you. I find the Gray hard to read but with the PDK you don't really need to read it. I feel it is out of place with the other gauges. Enough so that I ordered a Black Dial Face from Sun Coast for $340 plus tax plus shipping. Then I have to have (faith) in a speedo shop to do the job and not f it up.

Like I mentioned I have the MS Spyder Wheels and they are difficult to clean but then again it is sort of therpy cleaning my car. At least that's what I tell myself. LOL I think your wheel choice is great. I could go either way. I also saw the wheels in person and feel they look as good or better than on the configurator. They also will be a piece of cake to clean. No wheel woollies just a sponge and microfiber.

Burmester? For the money I spent on it I might have checked other option boxes. Your build $$$ is about the same as mine. I think I am about $3700 more than you but mine is a C4S.

Your going to love your car. The wait will be over soon and the learning curve will begin.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:24 AM
budrichard
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

My car with black gauges.
After my experience with a Volvo with silver gauges that are unreadable, I was going to ask Porsche Exclusive to do the tach in black but noticed that they already had feedback on silver gauges and put in the black option!
With your exterior, the Silver wheels matche much better.
It's really a design exercise and I took a lot of time to do it.
My first color choice was Guards Red and my wife did not care for it at all.
Second was Carmine Red and that resulted in a totally different color scheme, becuase I could gauges in Guards Red but not Carmine Red.
My vent trim is in Carmine Red to add a litle color in the interior and the trim is in leather to minimize the bright work.
I pick the car up tomorrow.-Richard
Attached Images  

Last edited by budrichard; 04-14-2016 at 09:42 AM.
Old 04-14-2016, 09:29 AM
budrichard
Banned

My wheels in Gloss Black.
Note, the rear engine cover is Gloss Black standard and I would assume any deviation would have to be aprroved by Porsche.
They could not approve a simple painting of the Sport Chrono ring in Carmine Red to match my vent trim, in time for my order.-Richard
Very disappointed with Melissa and Porsche Exclusive.
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2016, 09:32 AM
Mark Dreyer
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 660 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by Norsk
Just sold my 997.1 and ordered a 991.2 S. Should arrive in June. Decided to get PDK/Sport Chrono versus the 7 speed...hope that was a good decision. Also chose the Graphite Blue as a leap of faith, as I haven't seen it yet in person. Going to hang out here and learn about all the new stuff in the PCM, etc.
Here's one in my condo garage. I had previously seen it at the dealer during the 991.2 launch party. I thought it was Fashion Gray but my SA told me it was Graphite Blue.
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2016, 09:39 AM
budrichard
Banned

The infamous Graphite Blue Metallic!
That pic realy shows how dull it can become.
Here s a showroom pic.-Richard
Attached Images  
Old 04-14-2016, 11:30 AM
drgek
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 28 Posts

Placed the deposit for my Targa 4S on 10/12/15; car goes into production tomorrow with timeline showing arrival at dealership 6/3. It's the longest wait I've seen on this board yet.
Old 04-14-2016, 11:54 AM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 204 Likes on 88 Posts

Gents, thanks for the pics of the graphite blue. It might be polarizing, but that's been said about Norsk, too.

Gonna look good in the garage...
Old 04-14-2016, 12:53 PM
zuffen911J
Track Day

My Carrera will be at Emden 4/15. After a lot of "ship" tracking it is my belief the cars going to the US will be on the Green Cove. That ship will be at port tomorrow. Just a guess. At port Emden now there are 2 vehicle carriers anchored. My Carrera is suppose to be at the dealer May 27th. My salesman thinks it will be early.?

Last edited by zuffen911J; 04-14-2016 at 02:03 PM.
Old 04-14-2016, 12:57 PM
LCW
Pro

do you mean April 15 (tomorrow?).... if the ship sails next week, and if you are on the East coast, my suspicion is that you will get it in the first half of May...
Old 04-14-2016, 01:27 PM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by drgek
Placed the deposit for my Targa 4S on 10/12/15; car goes into production tomorrow with timeline showing arrival at dealership 6/3. It's the longest wait I've seen on this board yet.
Makes me feel a lot better, placed my order for a Targa 4S 2/17/16, June build July delivery. Called my dealer to make Some small changes and he told me some of the changes would delay vehicle a couple of weeks! I told him forget it, wasn't that big of a deal.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!