Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 11:42 AM
MJG911
Three Wheelin'

Received 55 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by TwinTurbo420
Rhea Leader has not really been making progress since it left dock @ Southhampton. Just been hanging out in the English channel. Sometimes ½ knot & pointing all different directions. Some type of holding pattern? Going in circles?
The Siem Cicero did the same thing a few weeks ago when it left port. Wound up 9 days late to Davisville. Now its been anchored off of Jacksonville for 2 days.
Old 11-30-2018, 12:48 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

As has been mentioned before, we should expect any new tariffs to not affect cars already built and out for delivery. Porsche will likely absorb those. Not sure what the policy would be for cars still waiting to be built but hopefully they would absorb those as well.
Old 11-30-2018, 04:22 PM
CraigW1
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Rhea Leader moving again, almost out of the English Channel into open Pacific Ocean.
Great news! I thought I would be less anxious after she exited Emden, but clearly that is not the case.

Appreciate you keeping tabs on her. Hoping Saundebn is correct and there are no tarrifs imposed if we don't take delivery until after the first of next year.
Old 11-30-2018, 06:06 PM
Shap96
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saundebn
As has been mentioned before, we should expect any new tariffs to not affect cars already built and out for delivery. Porsche will likely absorb those. Not sure what the policy would be for cars still waiting to be built but hopefully they would absorb those as well.
Hope you’re right, would be unprecedented so there’s not much to go off of...
Old 11-30-2018, 08:53 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've already got the final purchase contract in hand for my yet to be delivered car ... It includes all of the details to identify the exact car to be delivered. Can't imagine that they would pull the rug out from under this deal since I already have this in my possession.
Old 11-30-2018, 11:33 PM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Received 573 Likes on 391 Posts

I've already got the final purchase contract in hand for my yet to be delivered car ... It includes all of the details to identify the exact car to be delivered. Can't imagine that they would pull the rug out from under this deal since I already have this in my possession.
If there are tariffs perhaps they would not be immediately effective?

Goodwood seems to have disappeared. No position information in the last four days, yet it is supposed to arrive at Davisville either late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

God bless,
TT

Last edited by TomTarzian; 12-01-2018 at 11:08 AM.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:07 AM
Shap96
Instructor

Originally Posted by TomTarzian
If there are tariffs perhaps they would not be immediately effective?

Goodwood seems to have disappeared. No position information in the last six days, yet it is supposed to arrive at Davisville either late tonight or early tomorrow morning.

God bless,
TT
Been checking it every day too regardless of the complete disappearance of this boat. Hoping it ends up in Davisville tonight like you said then scoots its way down to JAX ASAP.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:27 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Originally Posted by Shap96
Been checking it every day too regardless of the complete disappearance of this boat. Hoping it ends up in Davisville tonight like you said then scoots its way down to JAX ASAP.
Amen to that!

God bless,
TT
Old 12-01-2018, 01:45 AM
Porschefection
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 3 Posts

Has anyone here cancel your orders to get the 992?
Old 12-01-2018, 04:04 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Read this RL thread:
https://rennlist.com/forums/general-...al-threat.html

Some say until you PIF for your car the deal is NOT done. Tariffs are collected at the U.S. port of entry. AFAIK, If a ship docks & unloads cars & a Tariff was just put in place, those cars are in fact charged the Tariff. I don't think they are grandfathered into a no Tariff situation just bc they were pre-sold & in the ocean when the Tariffs were put in place.

If anyone has any actual, verifiable information on this, please post. I can find nothing but conjecture.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:00 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Read this RL thread:

Some say until you PIF for your car the deal is NOT done. Tariffs are collected at the U.S. port of entry. AFAIK, If a ship docks & unloads cars & a Tariff was just put in place, those cars are in fact charged the Tariff. I don't think they are grandfathered into a no Tariff situation just bc they were pre-sold & in the ocean when the Tariffs were put in place.

If anyone has any actual, verifiable information on this, please post. I can find nothing but conjecture.
All good info, but wouldn't it be important to know the date the tariff, if any, goes into effect? That might be the key.

God bless,
TT
Old 12-01-2018, 11:12 AM
TomTarzian
Drifting

Still no reported position for the Goodwood since 11/26. It was expected at Davisville late on 11/30 or early today but apparently still isn't in the port. TwinTurbo420, you may be fortunate, after all, that your 911 is on another ship!

God bless,
TT
Old 12-01-2018, 11:41 AM
Shap96
Instructor

Read this RL thread:

I agree with all of this. Really hoping no one waiting for cars or thinking of ordering one has bad trade policy affect them.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:25 PM
Chris - 97C2
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Porschefection
Has anyone here cancel your orders to get the 992?
The 992 launch only strengthened my desire to get my T and keep it for a long time. While I like the direction of the overall shape, I am not a fan of the 992 in many regards especially the interior. To each his own and some will like it, but to me it just doesn't work.
Old 12-01-2018, 12:40 PM
myrr
Pro

Received 312 Likes on 154 Posts

I have a T that’s built and headed to Emden. This tariff talk is super unsettling...

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!