Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 11:48 PM
vivekg
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gloom

Only 5 weeks to go and I should have it. Got the VIN number and all... It's getting real. Even stacked up a few accessories in advance: clear side markers, license plate frame and child seat
Mine was supposed to be finished with build last Friday. Waiting... How did you get your VIN ?
Old 02-15-2016, 11:54 PM
LCW
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you got LED headlights, do you also get LED side markers?
Old 02-16-2016, 12:07 AM
gloom
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by vivekg
Mine was supposed to be finished with build last Friday. Waiting... How did you get your VIN ?
I used the Porsche Vehicle Delivery iPad app out of curiosity. Entered my commission number in there and it automatically fetched the VIN number. The app still shows info about the .1 though so it's pointless for now. Don't expect to have more build tracking info than that.

Once you have your VIN number you can also have fun generating your build sheet by modyfing this link https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...in=YOURVINHERE
Old 02-16-2016, 12:10 AM
vivekg
Instructor

I used the Porsche Vehicle Delivery iPad app out of curiosity. Entered my commission number in there and it automatically fetched the VIN number. The app still shows info about the .1 though so it's pointless for now. Don't expect to have more build tracking info than that.

Once you have your VIN number you can also have fun generating your build sheet by modyfing this link https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...in=YOURVINHERE
Thanks for the info!
Old 02-16-2016, 12:11 AM
gloom
Instructor

Originally Posted by LCW
If you got LED headlights, do you also get LED side markers?
Not totally sure but based on the photos I've seen so far I think all .2 get the LED side markers (orange or clear depending where you are).
Old 02-16-2016, 12:15 AM
LCW
Pro

I'm in the US (Florida). How can one tell from the outside, or a picture, if the light bulb behind the reflector is LED or traditional? Thank you
Old 02-16-2016, 12:46 AM
gloom
Instructor

Originally Posted by LCW
I'm in the US (Florida). How can one tell from the outside, or a picture, if the light bulb behind the reflector is LED or traditional? Thank you
Have a look at this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-turb...installed.html

The design of the LED ones is quite different from the standard one. It's not just the bulb that differs. It looks way better.
Old 02-16-2016, 01:06 AM
LCW
Pro

I seem to remember someone on this forum recently who installed side markers reporting error messages on the screen due to the software or electrics not being compatible with LEDs. I think I will wait and see what my car comes with first before ordering clear ones...
Old 02-16-2016, 01:10 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by LCW
I seem to remember someone on this forum recently who installed side markers reporting error messages on the screen due to the software or electrics not being compatible with LEDs. I think I will wait and see what my car comes with first before ordering clear ones...
I put them on my 16 GTS and no issues. But who knows. I think if you are pulling the same amps, with the correct bulb, it should be ok. I went with the Suncoast clears. I remember that post as well that you are talking about. But if the computer shows the correct current draw, thats all it cares about. Not they bulb type. The post below is what you were taking about I think

Default Error message with led side markers
Recently changed out the interior bulbs to led with no problems at all but when I changed out the side markers to clear lenses with led bulbs I get a message on the dash stating to check the right side marker. I'm assuming that the case is just the computer reading the wrong resistance value from the led bulbs and that's what is throwing the error but just wanted to see what the thoughts were here on the forum. I've fixed this type of issue in the past by adding a resistor in series with the led to match the resistance of the stock bulb. Is this the best option?

Another small issue I'm having is one of my tpms sensors is not registering. This is on an 07 so I'm thinking the batteries might need replacing?

Here is a reply to that message.

Correct, with the side markers your going to want to use an "error free" bulb so it does not trip the fault in your instrument cluster.

I would imagine it would be a lot easier and cost effective to source the right bulb then to add resistors to your current ones.
Old 02-16-2016, 05:08 PM
LCW
Pro

Originally Posted by stratocaster69
I put them on my 16 GTS and no issues. But who knows. I think if you are pulling the same amps, with the correct bulb, it should be ok. I went with the Suncoast clears. I remember that post as well that you are talking about. But if the computer shows the correct current draw, thats all it cares about. Not they bulb type. The post below is what you were taking about I think

Default Error message with led side markers
Recently changed out the interior bulbs to led with no problems at all but when I changed out the side markers to clear lenses with led bulbs I get a message on the dash stating to check the right side marker. I'm assuming that the case is just the computer reading the wrong resistance value from the led bulbs and that's what is throwing the error but just wanted to see what the thoughts were here on the forum. I've fixed this type of issue in the past by adding a resistor in series with the led to match the resistance of the stock bulb. Is this the best option?

Another small issue I'm having is one of my tpms sensors is not registering. This is on an 07 so I'm thinking the batteries might need replacing?

Here is a reply to that message.

Correct, with the side markers your going to want to use an "error free" bulb so it does not trip the fault in your instrument cluster.

I would imagine it would be a lot easier and cost effective to source the right bulb then to add resistors to your current ones.

my thoughts exactly
Old 02-17-2016, 11:14 AM
vivekg
Instructor

Originally Posted by arlan in arizona
Mine is supposed to have started being built TODAY.

Was able to get my commission number (and from that the VIN) and update from my rep. Looks like the car is supposed to be at the dealer on March 11th. Getting closer. Link worked to generate the build sheet as well!

Thanks,
Vivek
Old 02-17-2016, 01:18 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 37 Posts

Does anyone know if the side markers on the 991.2 are the same as the 991.1? I changed out the orange side markers on my 2012 Carrera S 991.1 with clear ones when I first got it and now have a 991.2 on order. I would like to take them off of my 991.1 before I sell it and install on the 991.2. I saved the original orange side markers. I have had none of the "faults" that have been discussed in earlier replies to this thread.
Old 02-17-2016, 01:58 PM
gloom
Instructor

Originally Posted by sfy1505
Does anyone know if the side markers on the 991.2 are the same as the 991.1? I changed out the orange side markers on my 2012 Carrera S 991.1 with clear ones when I first got it and now have a 991.2 on order. I would like to take them off of my 991.1 before I sell it and install on the 991.2. I saved the original orange side markers. I have had none of the "faults" that have been discussed in earlier replies to this thread.
I did some research on this before ordering my set of LED clear side markers:
- All the pics I've seen so far show the 991.2s with the LED clear ones. My understanding is that the LED are now standard.
- After looking at hi-res pics, I'm pretty sure the design hasn't changed. See below.
- Suncoast lists the "old" LED ones for both the 991.1 and the 991.2. Ref.: http://www.suncoastparts.com/product...1LEDSIDES.html

So I'd say: if you have a set of clear LED, keep them. If you have the clear non-LED, not so sure.

Old 02-17-2016, 02:15 PM
sfy1505
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm not sure if they are LED or not. It's been almost four years. I will look at the boxes for the part number and see if it matches the Suncoast #, that's where I bought them.
Old 02-18-2016, 10:20 AM
jackippo
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Hello all, put a deposit for a Targa 4S 991.2 yesterday. I am waiting for a call from dealer once they start production & get allocations, it will be a long haul! Six to twelve months. This is my first 911, test drove a 911 GTS 4 yesterday and my Macan Turbo is up for sale today!

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!