Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2017, 08:19 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,220 Likes on 1,014 Posts

Originally Posted by bkrantz
Sure looks crowded.
Originally Posted by triplekg
haha that is amazing
That is only a fraction of the ships out there. When I zoomed out, many of them just got filtered out. I was a commander in the US submarine force and was constantly tracking these noisy ships on sonar as we transited the Atlantic. It's pretty cool to see these pictures.

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
]
So she's here but the damn licensing office it's not licensing the vehicles before the long weekend. Excited and very bummed out. Here is a tease pictures I will post more once I take delivery on Tuesday
I love your interior. Identical to mine except you have the brushed black molding which was not available as an option on my C4. Otherwise I would have checked off that block.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:48 PM
parabola19
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 8 Posts

Just got word my PTS Targa GTS with houndstooth seats is on the truck to South Miami to my dealer. So excited for 911 pickup day. It's most wonderful time of the year. Whenever that time happens to be of course. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:16 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

Originally Posted by parabola19
Just got word my PTS Targa GTS with houndstooth seats is on the truck to South Miami to my dealer. So excited for 911 pickup day. It's most wonderful time of the year. Whenever that time happens to be of course. Hopefully tomorrow or Sunday.
Big Congrats from a fellow South Floridian.
I'm trying to get a PTS Targa as well.
Please post picks soon.
Old 08-04-2017, 10:47 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subshooter
That is only a fraction of the ships out there. When I zoomed out, many of them just got filtered out. I was a commander in the US submarine force and was constantly tracking these noisy ships on sonar as we transited the Atlantic. It's pretty cool to see these pictures.

I love your interior. Identical to mine except you have the brushed black molding which was not available as an option on my C4. Otherwise I would have checked off that block.
i looked at so many trim options on configurator. Then saw a GTS black trim and instantly sold.

I feel like a 5 year old impatiently waiting till Tuesday.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:23 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by XLOR8T
i looked at so many trim options on configurator. Then saw a GTS black trim and instantly sold.

I feel like a 5 year old impatiently waiting till Tuesday.
I built my C4 to look like a GTS but the black trim of the interior for the GTS was not an option for my C4. Bummer!

I still have the wide body, black wheels, black emblems, tinted tail lights etc.

I will probably back fit the black trim. It looks fantastic.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:59 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

I built my C4 to look like a GTS but the black trim of the interior for the GTS was not an option for my C4. Bummer!

I still have the wide body, black wheels, black emblems, tinted tail lights etc.

I will probably back fit the black trim. It looks fantastic.
I'm sure suncoast will have it soon if they don't already.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:51 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Originally Posted by JPMD
Big Congrats from a fellow South Floridian.
I'm trying to get a PTS Targa as well.
Please post picks soon.
For sure. I know Porsche of West Broward had a fashion grey one with the silver gts interior. Not sure if they sold it already. Mines a 17 still but between waiting for the pts slot and scheduling a month in custom tailoring for the seats it's kind of a take what you can get. Try contacting exclusive in Atlanta to see if they can help.
Old 08-05-2017, 02:28 AM
wassy
Rennlist Member

Congrats! Were you on the Goodwood? I was told by dealer that Maroney was printed and released for transport in mine but it didn’t show up yesterday (Friday). Hoping for tomorrow if I’m lucky. A month earlier than originally scheduled
Old 08-05-2017, 07:55 AM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 143 Likes on 69 Posts

For sure. I know Porsche of West Broward had a fashion grey one with the silver gts interior. Not sure if they sold it already. Mines a 17 still but between waiting for the pts slot and scheduling a month in custom tailoring for the seats it's kind of a take what you can get. Try contacting exclusive in Atlanta to see if they can help.
Awesome
I did see the Fashion Grey Targa at Porsche West Broward and it was indeed an amazing color for that car. You are indeed a lucky guy!!
Old 08-06-2017, 10:48 PM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

I am tracking the shipment of "Snow White" (our Porsche 911) on her way back to the US. Her cargo ship just docked about 20 minutes ago in Emden, Germany to pick her up and bring her home to Delaware. First picture is an aerial view of the dock and the sea of cars in the lot waiting to board. Second picture is a live tracker of the ship's position. (SPLENDID ACE). It's a fast ship too......just like Snow White. Snow White gets loaded tomorrow morning! I can track the ship's movements via the internet and I am hoping there are no storms and that they tie her down snugly to the deck. Fair winds and following seas. We can't wait until you get home. Sweet dreams Snow White!

Old 08-06-2017, 11:34 PM
XLOR8T
Rennlist Member

nothing like a 911 to revert grown men back to their childhood. I'm glad I'm not alone. She'll be here soon! The boat tracking is torture tho. Usually they loose satellite reception past England and don't register back till closer to US.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:01 AM
parabola19
Instructor

Originally Posted by wassy
Congrats! Were you on the Goodwood? I was told by dealer that Maroney was printed and released for transport in mine but it didn’t show up yesterday (Friday). Hoping for tomorrow if I’m lucky. A month earlier than originally scheduled
No idea actually. I've so busy with a closing on a company imndoing that I check in early July and was told it was in emden. I sent the GM an email on Friday and he said "oh it's just been released at Jax port" like it's no big deal. So I figured Tuesday for pickup. So for the first time I have no idea what ship the car was on!
Old 08-07-2017, 02:58 AM
paxton
Rennlist Member

Received 455 Likes on 144 Posts

I am tracking the shipment of "Snow White" (our Porsche 911) on her way back to the US. Her cargo ship just docked about 20 minutes ago in Emden, Germany to pick her up and bring her home to Delaware. First picture is an aerial view of the dock and the sea of cars in the lot waiting to board. Second picture is a live tracker of the ship's position. (SPLENDID ACE). It's a fast ship too......just like Snow White. Snow White gets loaded tomorrow morning! I can track the ship's movements via the internet and I am hoping there are no storms and that they tie her down snugly to the deck. Fair winds and following seas. We can't wait until you get home. Sweet dreams Snow White!
Keep the updates coming! I believe my car will be travelling on the same boat since we both dropped them off in Sindelfingen at the same time.
Old 08-07-2017, 11:49 AM
Boulder Mike
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Awesome! Sorry for the stupid question (and probably posted elsewhere) but how do you know what boat your car is on? Do I have to call my dealer or PCNA? Thanks!
Old 08-07-2017, 11:57 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,096 Likes on 655 Posts

Originally Posted by Boulder Mike
Awesome! Sorry for the stupid question (and probably posted elsewhere) but how do you know what boat your car is on? Do I have to call my dealer or PCNA? Thanks!
Dealer will know.

Quick Reply: Official waiting room for those with a new 991.2 on order --- come on in !!