Sponsored by:

AWE exhaust ordered today for GTS

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 01:06 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by stratocaster69
Thanks STG, I was going to actually ask your opinion on the quality. But you beat me to the punch. Appreciated!
Akrapovic is very high quality. You could show it off in an art gallery. Their manufacturing facilities look very high tech.

Kline looks very good too. Not quite as "polished" as Akra, but from all accounts a very great product.

After all, as long as it performs well and has a top notch fitment that's all that matters. It's under your car.
Old 02-06-2016, 02:08 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by STG991
Akrapovic is very high quality. You could show it off in an art gallery. Their manufacturing facilities look very high tech.

Kline looks very good too. Not quite as "polished" as Akra, but from all accounts a very great product.

After all, as long as it performs well and has a top notch fitment that's all that matters. It's under your car.
Very good information. Yes that Akra has got some alien looking welds going but I agree. If it fits good and is under the car, awesome!
Old 02-06-2016, 05:31 AM
MagicRat
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have had Akra on all my bikes and it's the business. I did get told by an exhaust shop recently though that they recommend stainless steel systems rather than titanium for cars as, unlike on bikes, the system is fixed into the body and can't move about. Because titanium doesn't flex, this means that long term there can be issues with cracking.

Akra are a really reputable company though and I'm sure would stand by their product if anything happened. Would still be my first choice I think, but I've decided to stick with PSE and my sport headers for now.
Old 02-06-2016, 07:53 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,335 Likes on 752 Posts

I have had the Kline Iconel on since last spring. Ran it all summer after working with Felix at Kline to get the exhaust I wanted and in time for last spring install. The fit and finish is fantastic. I am a previous owner of 3 Europipe systems for previous TT's and the Kline is right there with quality of workmanship.

The sound is fantastic, less muscle car more euro sport but aggressive when you lean into it. I have it set up so it works with my consul switches and after a full summer could not be happier. Eastern European produced with real attention paid to detail and quality.
Old 02-06-2016, 11:55 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by MagicRat
I have had Akra on all my bikes and it's the business. I did get told by an exhaust shop recently though that they recommend stainless steel systems rather than titanium for cars as, unlike on bikes, the system is fixed into the body and can't move about. Because titanium doesn't flex, this means that long term there can be issues with cracking.

Akra are a really reputable company though and I'm sure would stand by their product if anything happened. Would still be my first choice I think, but I've decided to stick with PSE and my sport headers for now.
Thanks good information
Old 02-06-2016, 11:58 AM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Penn4S
I have had the Kline Iconel on since last spring. Ran it all summer after working with Felix at Kline to get the exhaust I wanted and in time for last spring install. The fit and finish is fantastic. I am a previous owner of 3 Europipe systems for previous TT's and the Kline is right there with quality of workmanship.

The sound is fantastic, less muscle car more euro sport but aggressive when you lean into it. I have it set up so it works with my consul switches and after a full summer could not be happier. Eastern European produced with real attention paid to detail and quality.
I actually am leaning towards the Kline in Inconel now. I like the sound and the fact the tips are removable I could have them blackened to match my GTS theme.

The Akra is a work of art but the system I was looking at has the fixed tips for one thing and the price point I like better on the Kline. Both amazing systems!
Old 02-06-2016, 12:20 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 967 Likes on 485 Posts

Originally Posted by drsubie
What's the price on the Akra? I was interested also... have you also looked at the Kline inconel full system? I believe it's listed a bit cheaper than the Akra...
PM'd
Old 02-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

I actually am leaning towards the Kline in Inconel now. I like the sound and the fact the tips are removable I could have them blackened to match my GTS theme. The Akra is a work of art but the system I was looking at has the fixed tips for one thing and the price point I like better on the Kline. Both amazing systems!
My Kline came with carbon fiber wrapped tips. Looks great. I am very happy with the system and Felix was a pleasure to work with.
Attached Images  
Old 02-06-2016, 04:53 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

My Kline came with carbon fiber wrapped tips. Looks great. I am very happy with the system and Felix was a pleasure to work with.
Could u send me an email for him please. Thanks
Old 02-06-2016, 04:54 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Thats just what I like right there. Could you PM me what it costs
Old 02-06-2016, 04:58 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Old 02-06-2016, 05:00 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

Very nice!
Old 02-06-2016, 05:03 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Thats just what I like right there. Could you PM me what it costs
I sent you a pm with his contact info.
Old 02-06-2016, 05:05 PM
stratocaster69
Burning Brakes

I sent you a pm with his contact info.
Thank You
Old 02-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Thank You
My pleasure good luck I believe you will love it.

Quick Reply: AWE exhaust ordered today for GTS