Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 10:12 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

I'm pretty particular in colors I like too, as are others. Pretty varied tastes among guys as well. The 911 can pull off many colors and I can appreciated others tastes. We can go around in circles on what is/isn't good.

As far as a cab top, but it at the right price and switch it out. Not sure the cost, but little cosmetic things can be tweaked when buying used. I wouldn't get hung up on it.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:15 AM
shellbmb
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Chris C., nice find!

$116K MSRP and asking $99K with 2K miles.

GTS, manual, and SPASM = ready to enjoy

https://jack-daniels.porschedealer.c...69081/info.php
They raised the price to 103k.
Old 12-30-2015, 10:22 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by shellbmb
Hilarious. Nice catch. Offer them $100K!

Still, a decent deal and low price point. No need to spend $130K+

Has all the performance options!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:24 AM
gurneyeagle
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
If a person wants to get something other than the ubiquitous black, gray, or brown, Garnet Red is a good option.

Personally, I like the Garnet Red and its predecessor, Carrera Red. I have a red leather couch in my home office, which I really like. It was inspired by the Porsche Carrera Red leather color.

I can, however, relate to you not liking a particular leather color. I would never own a 911 with a Cocoa or Espresso interior. I guess that's why Porsche gives us choices.
[QUOTE=Dalema;12884214]
Originally Posted by Yard Dog

I love the black/garnet red combo interior. It doesn't often get captured well in photos but it is a really rich red (not like exterior in guards red). For me, it adds a pop to the inside, while the exterior remains restrained.

Wouldn't personally do the red cab top though, but it appeals to some.
Since we are all contributing opinions, here's mine (with no offense intended) on the Garnet interior.

As someone else mentioned, the black/red interior looks a bit more subtle. The all Garnet is just too much for my taste. I prefer a black wheel and dash.

What I would really prefer is a bit darker, more burgundy red, like the shade used by Bentley.

All that being said, anything other than the standard grey/black interior, black/white/silver/grey exterior is welcome. I say that yet, my leading choice for a GT3 is Agate Grey!

HAPPY New Year All!!!
Old 12-30-2015, 10:36 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by gurneyeagle
Since we are all contributing opinions, here's mine (with no offense intended) on the Garnet interior.

As someone else mentioned, the black/red interior looks a bit more subtle. The all Garnet is just too much for my taste. I prefer a black wheel and dash.

What I would really prefer is a bit darker, more burgundy red, like the shade used by Bentley.

All that being said, anything other than the standard grey/black interior, black/white/silver/grey exterior is welcome. I say that yet, my leading choice for a GT3 is Agate Grey!

HAPPY New Year All!!!
Happy New Year too. Coming from a guy (myself), who wouldn't buy anything but black for an interior! I'm a silver/black/grey kinda guy! I can appreciate them all! Who knows, my tastes could change as time goes on. As long as it's a 911, it's all good!
Old 12-30-2015, 11:06 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

As far as a cab top, but it at the right price and switch it out. Not sure the cost, but little cosmetic things can be tweaked when buying used. I wouldn't get hung up on it.
According to a Porsche Certified Collision Center in the Bay area a new cab top is over $4K. I don't recall if that was installed but 991 cab tops aren't cheap (like that is surprising news).

Gordon
Old 12-30-2015, 12:00 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

[QUOTE=gurneyeagle;12884317]
Originally Posted by Dalema

Agree.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:29 PM
shellbmb
Advanced

[QUOTE=Dalema;12884600]
Originally Posted by gurneyeagle

Agree.
Black wheel, black floor mats, black dash and tinted windows actually make the black/red interior quite nice. The all red is too much.

I guess if you are color blind, you can get some pretty good deals!
Old 12-30-2015, 01:50 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 282 Posts

Really depends on the dealer and MSRP of the car. Some dealers are pretty aggressive, and some barely want to discount. We know who they are and pretty much based on areas of the country.

Plus which model too with GTS's being more desirable.

A ballpark, I'd still say around 10% off. Wouldn't take less than that.
In my experience dealers will take 10% off a used 2016...which is hugely oriented in their favor as 1. they sold the car once and likely made a profit 2. they bough it back from that owner undoubtedly at or near wholesale 3 they pretend it's still "new" and offer just the aggressive discount you can find on some new cars.

I made 2 offers on used 2016s at 15-17% off which is where they should be on those given that's a nice margin over what they probably bought it for...both were like "what us lose money on that deal?!! no way." Funny. I quickly found I was better off with a leftover or used '15 (or 13/14) in terms of negotiations for the best deal.

As someone who's traded in a lightly used car before, they don't hesitate to explain to you what year 1 depreciation is like on a $100K+ car!
Old 12-30-2015, 02:00 PM
Chris C.
Rennlist Member

Received 537 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by gota911
If a person wants to get something other than the ubiquitous black, gray, or brown, Garnet Red is a good option.

Personally, I like the Garnet Red and its predecessor, Carrera Red. I have a red leather couch in my home office, which I really like. It was inspired by the Porsche Carrera Red leather color.

I can, however, relate to you not liking a particular leather color. I would never own a 911 with a Cocoa or Espresso interior. I guess that's why Porsche gives us choices.
Silver with Red interior has always been a classic Porsche racing combination (have you seen the Boxster Spyder "classic interior option - nice!)

I would only consider it in the 2-tone myself (black dash) and not on a grey car...black or silver.

Color is always a personal thing! I like brighter colors like Sapphire but the wife is more subdued...
Old 12-30-2015, 02:03 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,610 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris C.
Silver with Red interior has always been a classic Porsche racing combination (have you seen the Boxster Spyder "classic interior option - nice!)

I would only consider it in the 2-tone myself (black dash) and not on a grey car...black or silver.

Color is always a personal thing! I like brighter colors like Sapphire but the wife is more subdued...
stop subduing her then!!!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:17 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

found a silver coupe 2013 911S with about 25k miles. A little less than 4 years left on CPO. Price about 75k . Haven't seen it yet. Curious what the pros here think. Worth it?

MSRP was a little over 120K.

Last edited by Kennethjk; 12-30-2015 at 05:59 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 12-31-2015, 01:33 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennethjk
found a silver coupe 2013 911S with about 25k miles. A little less than 4 years left on CPO. Price about 75k . Haven't seen it yet. Curious what the pros here think. Worth it?

MSRP was a little over 120K.
Not bad but I would expect a little less given the mileage. When I was in the market last month I found a similar car '13 S with about 13k miles, CPO and the dealer was asking 78k before negotiating. I ended up with mine so never really gave them the squeeze. Don't remember the exact MSRP but it would've been right near 120k or maybe even higher as it had a bunch of expensive non-performance stuff like full leather interior, all carbon trim, sport techno wheels, etc.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:44 AM
997xpress
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by shellbmb
They did this at my local dealer on my lease return -loaded 2013 c2 cab. I returned it Nov 1 and they CPO'd it and listed it for 83 and dropped the price to 76k last week. Now it's back at $82. Can't figure the logic to their pricing.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:02 AM
titleistaddict87
Three Wheelin'

Received 126 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 997xpress
They did this at my local dealer on my lease return -loaded 2013 c2 cab. I returned it Nov 1 and they CPO'd it and listed it for 83 and dropped the price to 76k last week. Now it's back at $82. Can't figure the logic to their pricing.
Perhaps supply driven? Multiple cars out there then some sell and if they now have the only one they figure the can get a little more out of it?

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991