Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2017, 12:35 PM
TerryC4S
Instructor

Received 71 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Fünfer
We all know that Guards Red is the fastest color. It is a fact that it has the lowest coefficient of drag and therefore the car is faster...
Interesting theory. I wonder if wavelength or frequency have more of an effect on resistance. Guards Red has a longer wavelength and a higher frequency than my Dark Blue Metallic which is nearer the other end of the visible spectrum. The other case is white vs black. Is it better to reflect all frequencies or absorb them? At least all the photons are moving at the same speed in any case.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:35 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by go.illini
Great build. Color and no sunroof really narrows the potential buyers. Overpriced?
Narrower market, sure. More than black. More unique too than those who don't want a dealer lot build. Exact same GTS performance for $20K+ less than a similar spec GTS.

Price? Who knows. The market will decide. Look at the current market out there. Priced higher for comparable cars.

$54K off MSRP is a pretty darn good start with only 11K miles and mint one owner documented car.

I WISH my car had no sunroof! Lighter, cleaner look, no potential rattles or issues, and more headroom.

Last edited by STG; 07-19-2017 at 02:46 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 01:55 PM
handful
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Annual depreciation of 10%.

Last edited by handful; 07-19-2017 at 02:16 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 02:49 PM
Gus_Smedstad
Burning Brakes

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Narrower market, sure. More than black. More unique too than those who don't want a dealer lot build.
That was / is my problem. While dealers want neutral, inoffensive colors, I want something more interesting. Racing Yellow is great, and definitely qualifies. If it weren't for the fact my wife has a Racing Yellow 981S, I would have been happy to pick that car up. I just don't want two cars in the garage in the same color.

If I were to be, say, purely hypothetically looking to replace my 2014 C4S cab with a manual transmission 4S, one of my short list of "must haves" would be a color that wasn't black, gray, silver, or white. Sapphire blue or Amaranth red by preference, and as I said, Racing Yellow would be on the list if it weren't for my wife's car.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:45 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 631 Likes on 393 Posts

Originally Posted by go.illini
Great build. Color and no sunroof really narrows the potential buyers. Overpriced?
Overpriced? Hardly. With the X51 Powerkit, it's got most (all?) of the performance goodies of a GTS. Good luck finding a GTS for less than ~$110k.

This car is a true HFS bargain...if you like yellow.

Last edited by HelpMeHelpU; 07-19-2017 at 04:58 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 07-19-2017, 04:19 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,834 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
... it's essentially a GTS...
Without commenting on the price of that particular car, 'essentially a GTS' doesn't mean all that much when figuring values. The current value of a GTS is a bit irrational given the pricing of other 991's and has everything to do with having those three letters on the build sheet.

We all know GTS's are pretty much just option bundles, nothing particularly special except a few bespoke cosmetic items (and as another poster just reminded me, the widebody in the rear), yet they hold there value much better than an S with a similar option bundle.

Rational? No... But then again, neither is a half million dollar 991R.

Last edited by pfbz; 07-19-2017 at 04:45 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:25 PM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ GTS is unique in that you got a wide body without 4wheel drive. There is no way you can bundle a normal S to achieve that. Whether it is worth the premium sellers are asking is up to the market place
Old 07-19-2017, 04:44 PM
pfbz
Rennlist Member

Received 2,834 Likes on 1,517 Posts

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ GTS is unique in that you got a wide body without 4wheel drive. There is no way you can bundle a normal S to achieve that. Whether it is worth the premium sellers are asking is up to the market place
Yup, forgot about that sexy a**
Old 07-19-2017, 04:54 PM
kingerm
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by WGJP 993
So, does the Sport Design Edition include Sport Chrono and PSE? That wasn't clear to me from the PCNA announcement posted above.

Nice find if 1 of only 100. Hope it turns out to be as nice as you are expecting.
Originally Posted by pfbz
I've heard of 'Sport Design Edition' before, didn't realize 'P3N Sport Package' = Sport Design Edition.

Even better deal if it all checks out...
I took ownership of the car yesterday. Car has 3 minor flaws. 2 are on the clear bra (1 on passenger fender and 1 on front bumper) which is no big deal (can be redone) and 1 scuff/scratch on the passenger side headlight (this is more painful but can hopefully be buffed out some). I didn't notice the headlight blemish until I had stared at it for forever and going thru it thoroughly with friends. For a ~26,000 mile car, I think I got the best car you could get sans Porsche certification. This car does have "Shift" certification which is their own 200 point inspection that comes with a 30 day warranty. Factory warranty on drivetrain is still good as well. Shift did mention this was a peer to peer sell so maybe the warranty with Porsche is in effect? I will know more once I actually take it in.

Some nice surprises, I found a car cover and service records in the frunk detailing the oil changes done on the car from the past owner. It also came with the Porsche sun visor for the windshield (not sure it car comes with it but it did with this one), 2 keys, ALL the manuals and paperwork on the car including the sticker price sheet! Shift even gave me some swag (a cool black track jacket) since they saw I was such a car enthusiast. I did mention to them how I found them by accident and was sharing my experience on this forum. Maybe that got their attention?

I would like to say I am very pleased with my experience with Shift. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Maybe a new avenue for sourcing used Porsches? The San Francisco area seems to have sold other Porsches as well.

Hopefully this helps someone on here. I want to thank STG for starting this thread and anyone else who has contributed info which I have absorbed for the past ~2 years trying to find my unicorn thru this thread and across the internet. This thread really educated me on what is important, what is rare, what to look out for, how to read build sheets, etc. I had the knowledge to act fast. As soon as I saw this car, I knew what it was and jumped. I definitely would not have been able to do that without this thread. Thank YOU Rennlist!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:15 PM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,240 Likes on 1,256 Posts

Congratulations on your find!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:40 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 698 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by kingerm
I took ownership of the car yesterday. Car has 3 minor flaws. 2 are on the clear bra (1 on passenger fender and 1 on front bumper) which is no big deal (can be redone) and 1 scuff/scratch on the passenger side headlight (this is more painful but can hopefully be buffed out some). I didn't notice the headlight blemish until I had stared at it for forever and going thru it thoroughly with friends. For a ~26,000 mile car, I think I got the best car you could get sans Porsche certification. This car does have "Shift" certification which is their own 200 point inspection that comes with a 30 day warranty. Factory warranty on drivetrain is still good as well. Shift did mention this was a peer to peer sell so maybe the warranty with Porsche is in effect? I will know more once I actually take it in.

Some nice surprises, I found a car cover and service records in the frunk detailing the oil changes done on the car from the past owner. It also came with the Porsche sun visor for the windshield (not sure it car comes with it but it did with this one), 2 keys, ALL the manuals and paperwork on the car including the sticker price sheet! Shift even gave me some swag (a cool black track jacket) since they saw I was such a car enthusiast. I did mention to them how I found them by accident and was sharing my experience on this forum. Maybe that got their attention?

I would like to say I am very pleased with my experience with Shift. I would definitely recommend them to anyone. Maybe a new avenue for sourcing used Porsches? The San Francisco area seems to have sold other Porsches as well.

Hopefully this helps someone on here. I want to thank STG for starting this thread and anyone else who has contributed info which I have absorbed for the past ~2 years trying to find my unicorn thru this thread and across the internet. This thread really educated me on what is important, what is rare, what to look out for, how to read build sheets, etc. I had the knowledge to act fast. As soon as I saw this car, I knew what it was and jumped. I definitely would not have been able to do that without this thread. Thank YOU Rennlist!
Congrats!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 05:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Kingerm, so happy to hear the car worked out. A beauty! Thanks for the kind words on the help HFS has been
Old 07-19-2017, 07:21 PM
ak432
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kingerm

Way to pull the trigger on a really nice car! Yes ...chance favors the prepared mind.

I started to follow HFS when a friend asked me to help him find a 991.1....It seemed like an easy enough task. Unfortunately, he has learned the hard way that when the right car comes up....you have to be ready to pull the trigger ASAP. Browsing this site helps so much with that. Just today, he went to purchase a car that I recommended last week (posted here) and when he arrived the car was being sold to someone else who arrived 10 minutes before!

Thank you STG and all the other regular contributors for your energy and effort in helping locate these great cars.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:57 PM
STG
Race Director

^^^^ Well out and said!! Which car by the way??
Old 07-19-2017, 08:26 PM
Bemo
Drifting

Received 262 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by pfbz
Yup, forgot about that sexy a**
Dat *** alone is worth the premium!

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991