Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2017, 12:31 AM
Fafs
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, STG. I'm in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.

Originally Posted by STG
^^^ LINK. Welcome to HFS.

http://www.toyotacarlsbad.com/used/P...220f4e8cc5.htm

Attachment 1155218

The other guys can comment. I'm too tired to think. I don't care so much about the miles. As I said, I plan to use as a daily driver for probably 2 years. Still, my commute is short and I will
pro ably drive abou 5,000 miles per year. My wife doesn't work and I can use her SUV for the snowy days. I've heard the 40k service is comprehensive and expensive. Hopefully, it has been done. Plus, I will need to buy a set of all seasons or an extra set of snow tires.

Would be nice to see CarFax too on maintenance history.

Good price point though for a 991.1 C2S

What state in "upper Midwest"?
Old 04-14-2017, 01:02 AM
WGJP 993
Racer

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Yes. Extreme. Bought the car I wanted, read more on the forums and became corrupted. The "make it mine mod" bug came out.

Next time would probably find a car closer to what I wanted with some options, but was a fun project. All 100% OEM and done right.

Sometimes I look at the pictures and wonder what was I thinking doing that much work?

I guess really helped with my knowledge about these cars and ended up with a car I'm very happy about.

Attachment 1155086Attachment 1155088Attachment 1155087Attachment 1155094Attachment 1155093
Beautiful car, love how you made it your own. Looking at the pics I feel like I'm playing that game "see if you can spot the differences in the pictures..." - I see wheels, mirrors, aero, duck tail, headlight trim, tail lights....what am I missing? Very nice.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:13 AM
visitador
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 101 Posts

^^^ I do like Carrara White. Lacks sports chrono (kind of important if you are getting a PDK) and no PSE. Some people don't like Luxor Beige but I do (and have it in my Cayenne). Btw, Porsche was sued by an owner claiming Luxor Beige reflects the sun too much (it has not bothered me but I wear polarized sunglasses most of the time). You may want to find a Porsche (any kind) with Luxor Beige near you and see if the reflection bothers you or not.

Higher mileage means you need a PPI from an independent shop (which should be easy in SCal). Higher mileage means also you'll want a third party extended warranty. Those extra costs may add up to $4-5K? You may end up paying $65,000 plus shipping (another $1,200?).

So, I guess I am not really that exited. There is a reason why a car has a low asking price in high demand areas such as SCal.
Old 04-14-2017, 01:15 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by WGJP 993
Beautiful car, love how you made it your own. Looking at the pics I feel like I'm playing that game "see if you can spot the differences in the pictures..." - I see wheels, mirrors, aero, duck tail, headlight trim, tail lights....what am I missing? Very nice.

Thanks. Ha ha.

Sport Design Package (front bumper and duck tail)

Rennline grills

Center third radiator

HRE Wheels

Tikore lug bolts

Sport Design Mirrors

Tint

Painted rear badge

NEW headlights and bumper lights in BLACK version

Ceramic coated exhaust tips

Kohlenstoff side skirts

Clear side markers

Body colored rear reflectors

Clear taillights painted with a tinted clear coat

That's it for exterior I believe.
Old 04-14-2017, 02:39 AM
Fafs
8th Gear

Previous owner must have added PSE. If you look at the exhaust tips, they are not stock. Can you retro fit the sport + mode?

Originally Posted by visitador
^^^ I do like Carrara White. Lacks sports chrono (kind of important if you are getting a PDK) and no PSE. Some people don't like Luxor Beige but I do (and have it in my Cayenne). Btw, Porsche was sued by an owner claiming Luxor Beige reflects the sun too much (it has not bothered me but I wear polarized sunglasses most of the time). You may want to find a Porsche (any kind) with Luxor Beige near you and see if the reflection bothers you or not.

Higher mileage means you need a PPI from an independent shop (which should be easy in SCal). Higher mileage means also you'll want a third party extended warranty. Those extra costs may add up to $4-5K? You may end up paying $65,000 plus shipping (another $1,200?).

So, I guess I am not really that exited. There is a reason why a car has a low asking price in high demand areas such as SCal.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:02 AM
dassArse
Racer

Received 328 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by brucebca
50:50 mix of Woolite and water
Laundry advice?
Old 04-14-2017, 09:22 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fafs
Previous owner must have added PSE. If you look at the exhaust tips, they are not stock. Can you retro fit the sport + mode?
The tips are standard S model ones. Does not have PSE.

No, you cannot add Sport Chrono (Sport Plus) after the fact which this car does NOT have.

This car would take some real looking into. PPI, eyes on the ground, and looking into the history. If your budget is only in this range, might be an ok option for you.

Not many Carrera S's with mileage under 50K at this price point.
Old 04-14-2017, 09:31 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by STG
^^^ LINK. Welcome to HFS.

http://www.toyotacarlsbad.com/used/P...220f4e8cc5.htm

Attachment 1155218

The other guys can comment. I'm too tired to think.

Would be nice to see CarFax too on maintenance history.

Good price point though for a 991.1 C2S

What state in "upper Midwest"?

Am I good, or am I good??????

I now recall the ad, but didn't stick to my memory. Putting the VIN # into a Google search is always a great idea. Why we list it separately in posts here too. Will help document the history of these cars and help track pricing over the years.

Previous Rennlister car. Was on here last month for sale. Actually looks clean and you can get in touch with him for the history!!! From the ad, all Porsche dealer service! Looks VERY well taken care of and in awesome condition.

Could be a good buy at this under $60K price point for a .1 C2S.

I'd contact him for details. Don't want to spend all Good Friday discussing this one. Has potential to be a good buy at the $60K price point if that's one of the main budget criteria. Other cars in the price range have much more mileage and sketchy history.

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...carrera-s.html

Attachment 1155287Attachment 1155288Attachment 1155291Attachment 1155289Attachment 1155290

WP0AB2A92CS120639

Last edited by STG; 04-14-2017 at 10:59 AM.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:12 AM
Fafs
8th Gear

STG... you are more than good!!! Thank you! My closest Porsche dealer would be 160 mi away in Omaha. Would they honor the factory warranty?

Originally Posted by STG

I now recall the ad, but didn't stick to my memory. Putting the VIN # into a Google search is always a great idea. Why we list it separately in posts here too. Will help document the history of these cars and help track pricing over the years.

Previous Rennlister car. Was on here last month for sale. Actually looks clean and you can get in touch with him for the history!!! From the ad, all Porsche dealer service! Looks VERY well taken care of and in awesome condition.

I'd contact him for details. Don't want to spend all Good Friday discussing this one. Has potential to be a good buy at the $60K price point if that's one of the main budget criteria. Other cars in the price range have much more mileage and sketchy history.

Attachment 1155287Attachment 1155288Attachment 1155291Attachment 1155289Attachment 1155290

WP0AB2A92CS120639
Old 04-14-2017, 11:19 AM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Fafs
STG... you are more than good!!! Thank you! My closest Porsche dealer would be 160 mi away in Omaha. Would they honor the factory warranty?
Looks like has CPO until Feb 2018. Technically, the CPO doesn't carry over if the car is sold through a non-Porsche dealer. No issues with private sales.

Warranty stays with the VIN #, so a VERY good chance the warranty will be intact. I would just bring it in. The warranty is in the system, assuming the sellers info is accurate.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:31 AM
Fafs
8th Gear

Can you send a private message to members in this forum? Do you think you can squeeze another 5% off since the car has been on sale twice within a month. 55k perhaps?

QUOTE=STG;14110945]Looks like has CPO until Feb 2018. Technically, the CPO doesn't carry over if the car is sold through a non-Porsche dealer. No issues with private sales.

Warranty stays with the VIN #, so a VERY good chance the warranty will be intact. I would just bring it in. The warranty is in the system, assuming the sellers info is accurate.[/QUOTE]
Old 04-14-2017, 11:33 AM
STG
Race Director

^^^ Make an offer. Can't hurt. Once you get a handful of posts on RL, you'll be able to PM.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:36 AM
Fafs
8th Gear

Default Joseph

Originally Posted by STG

WP0AB2A92CS120639

Last edited by Fafs; 04-14-2017 at 12:02 PM. Reason: Wrong post
Old 04-14-2017, 11:39 AM
STG
Race Director

^^ erase this post. You did it wrong. Don't want to keep bumping this one and taking up valuable real estate here. Edit it and erase the content please.

You need to follow that link, and click on his avatar and send PM.

Sent the previous owner a message to have him look here as well.
Old 04-14-2017, 11:57 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Buteo
I have this wheel in black. No paddles (poor verbiage) but buttons.
https://www.suncoastparts.com/product/SKU991CFWD.html

I've had both wheels. We had a SD on our base 3.4L car and now the CF MF wheel in the GTS. Both are great and I love the paddles but the CF and controls make the car just a little better to me.

You also can order Techart paddles to fit to the MF wheel. I'm considering it and it may be a fun project in the future.
Gotcha. You get to row in the GT4, but I need paddles to make my PDK a pseudo-manual

I had, and loved, MF wheels in pretty much every car I owned, but do not miss it in my 911.

Originally Posted by Kennethjk
I have a 2014 S and MF wheel and the whatever you call it shift buttons stinks. Would love paddles instead and techart makes them as replacements , pricey at about $800 and then have to install. They sent me instructions but not sure I want to do myself and I am handy but looks like more than I want to do. Would hate for airbag to go off by mistake. They recommend auto shop doing the upgrade.

They also sell steering wheels that are MF and paddles.
Swapping out the steering wheel is a pretty easy DIY; lots of great tutorials on here and six speed. Just make sure you disconnect the battery long enough, otherwise the dealer will have to clear the codes.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991