Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 05:43 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Your engine fan or fans went out? The drivers side fan stopped working on mine. Whole unit getting replaced under warranty.
My right engine fan stopped working and I had the yellow warning message "fault engine extract. vent. Drive on poss."

It would come on and stay on. After leaving the car sit for a while, sometimes it wouldn't be there (the fan would run) and then a few minutes later it stopped again and the fault would return.

Took it into the dealer. They said it was a loose connection and fixed it under warranty.

The next day, the fault (and the stopped fan) came back again. The dealer then replaced the entire fan unit under warranty.

I haven't had the fault return and it has been a few months (well, since before Le Mans which is apparently how I remember things now that I have become absorbed into an obsession and love with Porsche this past year hahaha) and several road trips (and an autocross day!).
Old 08-17-2015, 09:15 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Hot for sale pick of the week!!

2013 991S Coupe Basalt Black/Black. 141K sticker with 8K miles for 89K. Nice car!!!

Used dealer in TX. Have not heard of them. Did a little research. Reviews are very favorable. Do your research though and see the car in person. Not vouching for them. Had to post it. Beautiful car! Warranty expiring in a year I believe.

http://www.cotroneoautogroup.com/web...exas/24321106/

Loaded!!!

PDK
Sport Chrono
PCCB
PDDC
Bose
18 ways
Sport Design Pkg
Tons of carbon trim
Sunroof
And much more ...

Says PSE, but see no button?

Old 08-17-2015, 09:30 PM
STG
Race Director

50K view milestone on this thread in only 5 months. I'm shocked, and I thought just a handful of guys looked at this.

What started out as something on a whim, has obviously blossomed into something relatively popular. There must be a lot of guys looking for cars, or just like to look at them like myself. I guess what's represented here gives a nice snapshot at the current market and features some of the more unique and nice 991's out there. I think the 991.1 will be considered a classic as the last NA street 911.

The 993's are considered the last of the "pure" 911's, but the 991 is a great representation of the evolution of the 911 and another "last" in the NA engine. Very classic design and sharply refined. Very nice lines that flow well without too much animation. Flys under the radar sometimes, but that the way I like it. I wouldn't like the attention some of the other cars get out there.

The 991 does it's job well and is the most well rounded sports car out there. Plus, I love the rear engine. Such a great driving experience.

I'm proud to be part of the group here with a bunch of great enthusiasts. Hopefully some of the lurkers can start posting more too. The 991 board is by far the BEST and most active board I've seen. Thanks to all the "regulars" that post and just view the boards.

At 45yrs old, I just got my first 911 a year ago. Owned a couple Cayenne GTS's before that, but finally got the prize. Have loved the 911 since junior high school.

Too much writing. Back to the cars.

Happy and safe driving...

Last edited by STG; 08-17-2015 at 10:12 PM.
Old 08-17-2015, 10:48 PM
Dgags
Racer

Received 223 Likes on 72 Posts

Here's a local car but I'm not really impressed with the dealership. Tried working with them before I bought my recent 991 and my 997 before that but felt as if I wasn't quite the type they wanted to spend 60 seconds with, much less 5 minutes. That's why I went out of state both times. If other dealerships hadn't treated me like a king I'd have thought being treated like a nuisance was to be expected.

What do you think? Price?

https://bellevue.porschedealer.com/p...97321/info.php
Old 08-17-2015, 11:00 PM
pantera1523
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm looking to get back into a Porsche and I just walked away from a car I really liked because I had such a miserable experience at my local dealer.

I'd love to find a dealer that will provide a good experience.

Loving this thread BTW thanks STG991 for keeping it going. I'm sure I add 20 views a day to your totals.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:01 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Dgags
Here's a local car but I'm not really impressed with the dealership. Tried working with them before I bought my recent 991 and my 997 before that but felt as if I wasn't quite the type they wanted to spend 60 seconds with, much less 5 minutes. That's why I went out of state both times. If other dealerships hadn't treated me like a king I'd have thought being treated like a nuisance was to be expected.

Nice car. Drilled front license plate in the bumper!! Geez.

Ummmm.. Tell the cheapskates to CPO the car. It's a 2013. Price would be ok with a CPO warranty. Not a steal, but fair. Love the Agate.

I hate arrogant dealerships. Up in WA there, there are a lot of Microsoft millionaires I assume. Good for you taking your business elsewhere.
Old 08-17-2015, 11:09 PM
Dgags
Racer

They're within a couple miles of the entire Microsoft campus. There are some really nice privately owned C2S in the mid 80's out there.
Old 08-18-2015, 09:02 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 691 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
2013 991S Coupe Basalt Black/Black. 141K sticker with 8K miles for 89K. Nice car!!!

Used dealer in TX. Have not heard of them. Did a little research. Reviews are very favorable. Do your research though and see the car in person. Not vouching for them. Had to post it. Beautiful car! Warranty expiring in a year I believe.

http://www.cotroneoautogroup.com/web...exas/24321106/

Loaded!!!

PDK
Sport Chrono
PCCB
PDDC
Bose
18 ways
Sport Design Pkg
Tons of carbon trim
Sunroof
And much more ...

Says PSE, but see no button?
Wow, that is one I would look at closely, if I was in the market for a C2S. Beautiful car! The no PSE button is a little alarming, though...
Old 08-18-2015, 03:46 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Received 624 Likes on 389 Posts

For sure don't want to tromp on STG991's great work and territory, but did want to alert the group to a host of NEW 911s offered at discounts from about 5% off MSRP to nearly 15% off, again for brand new cars: http://www.herbchambersporscheofbost...089a4f9fa923cb

It's a massive link but I did a compare of all the 911s (including Turbos) offered at this dealer at stated discounts to MSRP.

I have no affiliation and in fact have never even been to this dealer, though the Herb Chambers name is known to anyone in the greater Boston area (though I live in the greater NY area).

Enjoy the discounts...and who knows, you might be able to do even better if you're ready to buy.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:11 PM
whoadude
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

I sent an inquiry on this car as well. They seemed to be very responsive, calling me, emailing me almost everyday. I threw out 87k and they said lowest 89.5.

oh and btw apparently the car is CPO.

Last edited by whoadude; 08-18-2015 at 05:12 PM. Reason: info
Old 08-18-2015, 05:48 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by HelpMeHelpU
For sure don't want to tromp on STG991's great work and territory, but did want to alert the group to a host of NEW 911s offered at discounts from about 5% off MSRP to nearly 15%
The more the merrier. Good deals are always welcome. I only have so much time for my unpaid internship here
Old 08-18-2015, 09:46 PM
Dgags
Racer

Originally Posted by whoadude
I sent an inquiry on this car as well. They seemed to be very responsive, calling me, emailing me almost everyday. I threw out 87k and they said lowest 89.5.

oh and btw apparently the car is CPO.
The car would be sitting in my driveway if they'd have given me the time of day.
Old 08-18-2015, 11:48 PM
Mojo31
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Deleted
Old 08-19-2015, 03:38 AM
beaverlake
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

The car would be sitting in my driveway if they'd have given me the time of day.
I'm somewhat surprised. IMHO they've actually improved si ce Autonation purchased the Porsche and other dealerships under the prior owner. I've had great experience with the service department. And I've also learned that if you have the tolerance for the car purchase grind they will deal.

Full disclosure - I have not completed a purchase transaction with them but it's only because they didn't have the right cars at the right time. I'll go back and try again for the next one (new or used).

And their asking price is high in my opinion. It is a sweet build however.

(Edit - it also appears to have quite a bit of deviated stitching even though there is no listing for this in the description.)
Old 08-19-2015, 09:45 AM
STG
Race Director

991 Carrera S's can now be had for the mid 70's nicely optioned. Being a huge step above a base Carrera, it's pretty much an easy choice.

For instance, this one is even has a Porsche CPO warranty and only 17K miles. (There's many more examples too).

991 C2S mid 70K's? No brainer for those looking a preowned and on a budget.

http://www.champion-motors.com/web/i...ehicle23999415

++ Important notes ++

** In the 75-80K range, 991 C2S's with less than 20K miles can be had with some nice options. Savings of 40K+ off sticker can be realized. Spending 10-15K more here than used base Carrera's is the best money you'll ever spend.

Seeking more unique, lower mileage or newer 991 S's can also take you to the 85-100K range. Still at significant 30-40K savings.

There are so many options and different MSRP cars out there. You have to judge each car in it's own. It's hard making a blanket statement many times. A 991 Carrera S can have a sticker from 112K to 155K+ depending on options! The higher optioned cars DO depreciate at a higher %. Options over the 135K mark depreciate a lot more than anything under that. I'd say anything over the 135K build depreciate at least 70%. So the 155K build's extra 20K options will take a lot bigger hit. Make sense? These cars all get bunched together at resale and you have 120K builds being averaged in with some higher ones with equilibrium preowned pricing.

If at all possible, always take advantage of Porsche's CPO warranty. Extends the original warranty by 2 more years and up to 100K miles. Whatever comes first.

Last edited by STG; 08-19-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991