Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2015, 12:00 PM
Mojo31
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ben, there are lots of things you can do in the negotiation process. You can go to Porsche's 911 locator and print out a listing of all similar cars that are for sale in the country or area and get an idea of competitive asking prices, and use that to your potential advantage. Or, you can find two or more cars that are appealing to you at different dealers and use that to get them to negotiate against each other. And, the list goes on.

But, I find it is easier to decide how much I want to pay for a given car and then formulate my offers to work toward my target price.

So, if you are good with paying the $65k and want that car, you could offer them $65k with the car CPO'd and see what they do. Or, you could offer less without the CPO if you're not worried about it (for example, you trade frequently and will not own the car into the extra two years). Or, you could be prepared to offer something more than $65k if you want that car with the CPO warranty. One thing that should be clear is if they will sell without the CPO for $65k, you should be able to get it with the CPO for $67,500.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Hot for sale pick of the week!!

All good advice. I'd continue the conversation on Ben's thread "what should I pay for a 2013" since most people looking here really don't care about the small details on this specific car. Not trying to be rude, but this chat can go on for pages.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:23 PM
Ben McCallister
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mojo31
Ben, there are lots of things you can do in the negotiation process. You can go to Porsche's 911 locator and print out a listing of all similar cars that are for sale in the country or area and get an idea of competitive asking prices, and use that to your potential advantage. Or, you can find two or more cars that are appealing to you at different dealers and use that to get them to negotiate against each other. And, the list goes on.

But, I find it is easier to decide how much I want to pay for a given car and then formulate my offers to work toward my target price.

So, if you are good with paying the $65k and want that car, you could offer them $65k with the car CPO'd and see what they do. Or, you could offer less without the CPO if you're not worried about it (for example, you trade frequently and will not own the car into the extra two years). Or, you could be prepared to offer something more than $65k if you want that car with the CPO warranty. One thing that should be clear is if they will sell without the CPO for $65k, you should be able to get it with the CPO for $67,500.
Can't thank you guys enough for the tips! Honestly, its less about what I want and more about what I should be asking for to not be taken advantage of.

I think Im fine with the 65.9 for the car, if its a good deal. As far as CPO is concerned, I dont really know. I baby my porsche and I work from home so they barely get driven.

I dont know if I would pay MORE to have it CPO'ed, but if I should be telling them that I want CPO included in the price, thats another thing.

And re: the prices in my area, i've done car gurus and searched at 500 mile radius and virtually all the cars similar to it are in the mid 60s to high 60s but again, thats prenegotiation so I dont know what I could get those other dealerships down to. But they aren't porsche dealers either, so I dont know if theyll move at all. I guess I could email those guys?
Old 08-20-2015, 12:37 PM
Ben McCallister
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
All good advice. I'd continue the conversation on Ben's thread "what should I pay for a 2013" since most people looking here really don't care about the small details on this specific car. Not trying to be rude, but this chat can go on for pages.
lol, thanks. I was told to come to this thread originally

I just wanna put stuff where I'm told
Old 08-21-2015, 06:21 AM
c615586
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Ben McCallister
So if I go back to him, I should say, I will take the car at 65, but I want the CPO included?

Should I provide him with any other examples as to why? Or just say "give me the CPO and I'll put down a deposit today" ?
You definitely want CPO coverage. Push them for that. If they're uninterested, come back in 8 days when it's the end of the month.

When I was negotiating the purchase of my 4S, the dealer offered to remove CPO coverage for a $2k discount. We did the deal over the phone, so the SA was spared seeing me roll my eyes at him.
Old 08-21-2015, 04:44 PM
STG
Race Director

Default Very sweet !!

2013 coupe 991 C2S Dark Blue Metallic/Black Interior.

Only 7K miles
CPO @ Sunset Porsche Oregon
Asking 86K - priced to sell quick.

Sport Design Pkg
Bose
18 ways
Sport Chrono
PDK
PSE
SPASM

Perfect!!! An unbelievable car in not too common of a color. This is a great find.

https://sunset.porschedealer.com/cer...08943/info.php

Old 08-21-2015, 05:08 PM
STG
Race Director

Default Amazing looking cab!

2013 991S cabriolet in Mahogany Metallic over Espresso. Very unique and looks amazing. Won't last long. Porsche of Naples FL.

136K sticker only 10K miles - asking 94K and CPO warranty. Does it get better??

Optioned out to the max. I won't bother with the list. Look at the interior painted trim with leather and stitching.

http://www.porscheofnaples.com/used-...CB2A97DS154490

Old 08-21-2015, 05:13 PM
JoshuaKM1
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Hot for sale pick of the week!!

In the words of Ron Burgundy - that last car smells like "rich mahogany." Keep 'em coming STG this thread is incredible for the future 911 drivers (and current Macan owners) like me.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:15 PM
speadphreak
Rennlist Member

That one looks nice, love the color and has good options!

2013 coupe 991 C2S Dark Blue Metallic/Black Interior.

Only 7K miles
CPO @ Sunset Porsche Oregon
Asking 86K - priced to sell quick.

Sport Design Pkg
Bose
18 ways
Sport Chrono
PDK
PSE
SPASM

Perfect!!! An unbelievable car in not too common of a color. This is a great find.

https://sunset.porschedealer.com/cer...08943/info.php

Old 08-21-2015, 05:16 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,590 Likes on 2,336 Posts

2013 991S cabriolet in Mahogany Metallic over Espresso. Very unique and looks amazing. Won't last long. Porsche of Naples FL.

136K sticker only 10K miles - asking 94K and CPO warranty. Does it get better??

Optioned out to the max. I won't bother with the list. Look at the interior painted trim with leather and stitching.

http://www.porscheofnaples.com/used-...CB2A97DS154490

looks like someone took a **** on it! UUGH!
Old 08-21-2015, 05:32 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Larry Cable

The "Freaky Friday" Pick! Maybe I should post one every week.

Larry, I run across some dogs!!! Looks awesome on the outside right??? Beautiful white Sport Design 991 4S right?

Look at the inside.

Red! Over white??

It gets worse ...

Has PDK (which is fine), but no Sport Chrono or PSE and 4 ways. Base stereo and no sunroof.

Who ordered this car?? A drunken sales guy (who's now fired)? They forgot to check a few boxes.

I would tint the widows with limo dark, drive it around town, and never get out of the car.

Park Place in TX

Last edited by STG; 08-21-2015 at 06:29 PM.
Old 08-21-2015, 05:51 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,590 Likes on 2,336 Posts

Not sure which is worse, the "****" or the "sanitary towel" special edition?

Old 08-21-2015, 05:51 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
Wow - that's some serious money into that car. Guess it's priced like that just because of the color, but I bet there is someone out there that it would be perfect for.

What about doing a GT silver wrap!!
Old 08-21-2015, 05:52 PM
Cajun Martyni
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 26 Posts

Personal taste, I guess. I like the Mahogany Metallic. Bright blue is great for someone else to own, but it wouldn't be my choice. Then there are the colors that almost everyone likes, but almost everyone has. Now the white with red and no sport chrono . . . . Not so much.
Old 08-21-2015, 06:54 PM
Mojo31
Racer

The "Freaky Friday" Pick! Maybe I should post one every week.

Larry, I run across some dogs!!! Looks awesome on the outside right??? Beautiful white Sport Design 991 4S right?

Look at the inside.

Red! Over white??

It gets worse ...

Has PDK (which is fine), but no Sport Chrono or PSE and 4 ways. Base stereo and no sunroof.

Who ordered this car?? A drunken sales guy (who's now fired)? They forgot to check a few boxes.

I would tint the widows with limo dark, drive it around town, and never get out of the car.

Park Place in TX

Now you know why it's at their Jag store and not the Porsche store!

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991