Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice - you better get home soon!
Old 07-31-2015, 05:40 PM
LandShark
Rennlist Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by johnc510
Just thought I'd give an update, albeit a bit of an outdated update. The car came off the enclosed truck and was a bit dusty.
I was in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico when it was delivered and my wife snapped a couple photos of the unloading.
She also took the liberty of putting a bow on the hood while I was away since this car is a 40th birthday present to myself.

Some pics from her phone and a couple pics next to her car -- also blue!

John
Congrats!! Like color collection.
Old 07-31-2015, 11:33 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts
Default Hot for sale pick of the week!!

2013 991S CAB - PDK - only 5K miles! CPO Warranty. Asking 96K - P Dealer California

https://livermore.porschedealer.com/...98576/info.php

Old 08-03-2015, 09:59 PM
c615586
Instructor

Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Just wanted to drop a note of thanks to STG. His advice was invaluable for my search.

Our 2013 CPO 911 4S PDK Cabrio arrived at our home yesterday afternoon. Suffice to say the 40 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old kids in our house had their minds completely blown.

And if anybody is looking for some reasonably priced booster seats, the
Evenflo Secure Kid DLX Evenflo Secure Kid DLX
fits like it was made for the 991.

Old 08-03-2015, 10:02 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by c615586
Just wanted to drop a note of thanks to STG. His advice was invaluable for my search.

Our 2013 CPO 911 4S PDK Cabrio arrived at our home yesterday afternoon. Suffice to say the 40 year old, 6 year old and 4 year old kids in our house had their minds completely blown.

And if anybody is looking for some reasonably priced booster seats, the
Evenflo Secure Kid DLX Evenflo Secure Kid DLX
fits like it was made for the 991.

Awesome!!!

Glad it worked out!! Nice to see some new happy owners. Johnc510 a few posts back just got a great 911 delivered too. Update us John!

Priceless pics. Looks like Christmas Day for the kids. Great they got to experience it.

4S Cab looks great! What do you think of the car in person?
Old 08-04-2015, 11:07 AM
c615586
Instructor

Originally Posted by STG991

4S Cab looks great! What do you think of the car in person?
I've only had the car for a couple of days, but I absolutely love it. I sold my '08 BMW Z4M to fund the purchase of this car and my other daily driver is an '07 Audi RS4. This car is another beast entirely. The power and throttle response are amazing. The sport exhaust is fantastic and the full leather interior really adds an extra level of luxury to the car.

I think I mentioned that I didn't care for the Carrera 4S stickers on the doors, but in person they're actually ok. I might leave them for awhile.

Compared to the Z4M and RS4 (both of which have normal mechanical hydraulic steering), the 4S' steering feels a little anesthetized. The car has PowerSteering Plus, so that may play a role. But, honestly, that's my only complaint and it isn't a huge one.

I do wish I hadn't waited so long to finally buy a Porsche. I actually spent yesterday evening scouting CPO Cayenne's to eventually replace my wife's Q5.

This is my 991's build sheet.

A couple of other notes--

I'm not a audiophile, but I can understand some people's complaints about the Bose stereo. My brother in law has a 991S with Burmester and the sound is significantly better. The Carver stereo on my Z4M and the Harman Kardon stereo in my wife's Q5 are far better as well. If music is important to you, it may be worth holding out for a Burmester car.

I find the 14 way seats to be more comfortable than the 18 way seats so far. But the extra bolstering may be beneficial on trackdays.

I love the Sport Techno wheels, but based on some of the other forum threads, I'm probably in the minority. I'll probably have them painted to look like the black painted Sport Techno wheels at some point.

Parkassist and the power folding mirrors are very handy for parking situations.

Last edited by c615586; 08-04-2015 at 02:47 PM.
Old 08-04-2015, 11:23 AM
STG
Race Director

Just so you know, the power steering plus can be disabled by the dealer. It's just an electronic program.

Works for speeds at approximately under 30 mph to help the weak wristed. Ha ha

I don't have the feature, and prefer a more involved feeling from the steering myself.

There's some great posts on here about upgrading your Bose stereo as well. Some inexpensive options which seem to really help.

Great observations so far!
Old 08-04-2015, 11:28 AM
sracer
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Re: Sport Technos
I'm normally a ST hater, but like them on your new Cab.
And would not like them painted.

(I guess why that is why there are options on these things...to each his own)
Old 08-04-2015, 12:31 PM
c615586
Instructor

Originally Posted by sracer
I'm normally a ST hater, but like them on your new Cab.
And would not like them painted.

(I guess why that is why there are options on these things...to each his own)
Thanks! I was thinking the black painted version might compliment the black headlights better. I might try using plastidip on one wheel just to see what it looks like before having them professionally painted.

Or I might just spend my free time driving the car.
Old 08-04-2015, 12:38 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by sracer
I'm normally a ST hater, but like them on your new Cab. And would not like them painted. (I guess why that is why there are options on these things...to each his own)
Originally Posted by c615586
Thanks! I was thinking the black painted version might compliment the black headlights better.
As they say, that's why they make vanilla and chocolate ice cream.

My two favorite 991 wheels are the bi-color Turbo S Wheel (as done on the Turbo S), and the Sport Techno Wheel painted black (really, they're bi-color as well).
Old 08-04-2015, 04:19 PM
STG
Race Director

2012.5 991S CAB Platinum/Black CPO warranty @ Porsche dealer.

Asking 87K with only 10K miles.

14 way
Burmester
PDK
Sport Chrono

https://danbury.porschedealer.com/ce...01444/info.php

Old 08-04-2015, 04:47 PM
Four Ring Circus
Rennlist Member

Received 94 Likes on 58 Posts
Default 991 long term values

New member here. I have been trolling around for a used 991 S or GTS. (I am too cheap to buy new). Anyway I can relate to a few recent posts with the 2 small kids (I feel like you have a small window when the kids are big enough to be out of bulky car seats BR small enough to still fit- mine are 4 and 7). My question is this: with the announcement of all turbo engines, do you see the 991 holding values as well as the 993? Trying to get the wife on board (as well as our good friend who is also our money manager!). If this ends up being a purchase that sits too much it would be nice to know it would hold value decently if I had to sell- tho my plan is drive the hell out of it. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Four Ring Circus
New member here. I have been trolling around for a used 991 S or GTS. (I am too cheap to buy new). Anyway I can relate to a few recent posts with the 2 small kids (I feel like you have a small window when the kids are big enough to be out of bulky car seats BR small enough to still fit- mine are 4 and 7). My question is this: with the announcement of all turbo engines, do you see the 991 holding values as well as the 993? Trying to get the wife on board (as well as our good friend who is also our money manager!). If this ends up being a purchase that sits too much it would be nice to know it would hold value decently if I had to sell- tho my plan is drive the hell out of it. Thanks in advance!
At least with the ones being listed here, one "big hit" has already been taken. Anywhere from 20-40K. Don't buy one expecting it not to depreciate further. Any speculation on appreciation won't be realized for another 20yrs IF it happens.

Buy a great 80-90K S, and enjoy it. You won't drive it for free, but you'll have saved a lot of $$$ and own a great NA 911. Cars are barely ever an appreciating asset. The 993's, etc.. Are a product of a stock market gone crazy and too many baby boomers with too much money reminiscing about the good ole days. Great cars, but what goes up too fast, will come down at some point.
Old 08-05-2015, 02:30 PM
AG911
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
2012.5 991S Manual Platinum Silver over Black Coupe. 125K sticker and asking 79K. 45K off sticker. Mileage a reasonable 16K

Forum member in VA. You can have this car shipped across the country in enclosed transport for 2K. Distance is a non factor here.

** This car will be gone in days. ACT FAST!! **

I must say, this car is priced right and ready to move. Get into a highly optioned 991S for 79K? Doesn't get much better than this. This is a VERY fair price and worthy of "hot for sale"!

Loaded with options!

Platinum Silver Metallic
Full Leather Interior, black, with Alcantara Headliner
18-way Adaptive Sport Seats Plus
Burmester Sound System
Sirius XM and HD Radio Tuners
6-Disc CD/DVD Changer
Premium Package Plus (with 18-way seats)
Porsche Sport Exhaust System (PSE)
Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC)
Power Steering Plus
Sport Chrono Package
Multi-Function Steering Wheel
20-inch SportDesign Wheels with Colored Porsche Crest
Porsche Dynamic Light System (PDLS), Bi-Xenon
Clear LED Tail Lights
Electric Sunroof
Porsche Entry and Drive
Light Design Package
Automatically Dimming Mirrors
Electric Folding Exterior Mirrors
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
ParkAssist, Front and Rear
Porsche Crest on Center Storage Bin Lid
Porsche Crest on Headrests

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...a-s-991-a.html
Just want to say a big Thank You to STG!! This 991 is now in my garage in Oklahoma. I love the interior of this 991 compared to my previous 997.2. Again, thanks so much for doing what you're doing, and for hooking me up with Jim!!! BTW...Jim was also a great guy to work with!
Old 08-05-2015, 02:43 PM
mmaturo
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AG911
Just want to say a big Thank You to STG!! This 991 is now in my garage in Oklahoma. I love the interior of this 991 compared to my previous 997.2. Again, thanks so much for doing what you're doing, and for hooking me up with Jim!!! BTW...Jim was also a great guy to work with!
Great buy...that's the most loaded S I have seen pop up. Congrats

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991