HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 11:32 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by dgoldenz
Carrara White. This is the car:

Thats a sweet ride! Priced right too: even if you say it's $5k cheaper due to the accident (probably about right), $63,500 seems like a very fair price for a well cared for car. Loving the aero kit!
Old 06-09-2016, 11:36 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

[QUOTE=Joseesq;13361269]Short time lurker but decided to pull the trigger on the 2012 CAB and put a $2k deposit to hold it while they get it from a warehouse and bring it to the dealership. They sent over pictures and now I will need to get a PPI.

Three questions:

1. Does anyone know of any good shops that will do a PPI in Little Rock, Arkansas?

2. The warranty is to expire this year. Does anyone know what warranty company I should be looking at for this vehicle and price point?

3. Any good closed container shipping companies to use from Arkansas to Los Angeles, CA?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure I would ante up for a warranty. From everything I have read here, and talking to owners with higher mileage 997.2's and 991's, they have been virtually trouble free. It is tough to find someone who has used their CPO coverage too. A good full coverage 4-year warranty will be around $5-6k, and I would think any repairs are likely much less at that mileage. Now, if it had 35k, unknown history, a bunch of over-revs, that would be different, but I say just pay repairs out of pocket if the car is as good as it seems.

Maybe if the car had been ridden hard, put away wet, but can't imagine that's the case with this one.

With that said, the indie German shop here says National Warranty (an Oregon company) is the best they have ever dealt with.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:38 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
That is a a really great looking Carrera S! Congrats!

I'm hoping to lock up a deal on a really nice '15 Carrera S coupe tomorrow, and wish it had a rear wing like yours. I'm guessing I would have to budget at least $3k for that.
I don't know that the Techart aftermarket products will bring anything on resale, so maybe not. The AeroKit Cup and Sport Design packages do sell for a premium typically. Local dealer got $78k for a 997.2 GTS PDK w/20k miles. That's mid-70's at best w/o an Aerokit, closer to $72k with those miles, no CPO.
Old 06-09-2016, 11:47 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

[QUOTE=dawgcatching;13361914]
Originally Posted by Joseesq
Short time lurker but decided to pull the trigger on the 2012 CAB and put a $2k deposit to hold it while they get it from a warehouse and bring it to the dealership. They sent over pictures and now I will need to get a PPI.

Three questions:

1. Does anyone know of any good shops that will do a PPI in Little Rock, Arkansas?

2. The warranty is to expire this year. Does anyone know what warranty company I should be looking at for this vehicle and price point?

3. Any good closed container shipping companies to use from Arkansas to Los Angeles, CA?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure I would ante up for a warranty. From everything I have read here, and talking to owners with higher mileage 997.2's and 991's, they have been virtually trouble free. It is tough to find someone who has used their CPO coverage too. A good full coverage 4-year warranty will be around $5-6k, and I would think any repairs are likely much less at that mileage. Now, if it had 35k, unknown history, a bunch of over-revs, that would be different, but I say just pay repairs out of pocket if the car is as good as it seems.

Maybe if the car had been ridden hard, put away wet, but can't imagine that's the case with this one.

With that said, the indie German shop here says National Warranty (an Oregon company) is the best they have ever dealt with.
IMO, this is really good advice. The 991s are really reliable, even by Porsche standards. I would not buy any extended warranty except the Porsche CPO, and would save and invest the money. Max out all you and your spouse's IRAs and 401/403 etc, and invest wisely (diversifY your investments and use mutual funds and ETFs with lowest cost). That's what I have always done and have never bought any extended warranty, and now just into retirement - have more safe and justifiable income than anytime when working.

Last edited by PCA1983; 06-10-2016 at 12:06 AM.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:03 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
Great question!
As noted by Plenum. The CarFax gives clues. Never says anything specific though. I have learned to spot them. Lack of ownership history pretty much. They usually pop up with like 5-7K miles or so on their first entry. PCNA auctions them off directly to Porsche dealers. A lot of dealers will stay away from buying these cars. These guys in West Broward are hungry for inventory and will buy anything. These are all examples.
IMO, I think PCNA has high confidence in what they are doing. They properly warm up their cars and only some of them are used for teaching. If you buy a CPO Porsche with just a few thousand miles on it and 4-5 years warranty remaining, you are pretty safe, if not totally safe. Another related thing, esp for manual transmission Porsches, that many folks are not aware of - if there are engine over-revs and at least 40 hrs of normal engine operation occur afterward without incident, they have learned that they can CPO it because they are then very confident that the over-revs did no damage. So that kind of use by PCNA or other Porsche regions would certainly not bother me...
Old 06-10-2016, 12:21 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

IMO, I think PCNA has high confidence in what they are doing. They properly warm up their cars and only some of them are used for teaching. If you buy a CPO Porsche with just a few thousand miles on it and 4-5 years warranty remaining, you are pretty safe, if not totally safe. Another related thing, esp for manual transmission Porsches, that many folks are not aware of - if there are engine over-revs and at least 40 hrs of normal engine operation occur afterward without incident, they have learned that they can CPO it because they are then very confident that the over-revs did no damage. So that kind of use by PCNA or other Porsche regions would certainly not bother me...
If I'm spending $100K+, I'll marry the college sweetheart over the **** star. Driven hard doesn't always pan out well over the long run.

My confidence in PCNA caring after warranty is up >>> ZERO

I'm just giving my advice. People can spend their money as they wish.
Old 06-10-2016, 12:22 AM
plantagenet
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Has this car been discussed at all

http://www.hollywoodkia.com/mobile/U...FL/vd/34840505

It's very close to what I am looking for
Old 06-10-2016, 12:31 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by plantagenet

I posted a while back. Still for sale?? Seems nice. Offer $60K and hope for $62-63K?? Maybe they're motivated. Hard to move 911's at these dealers.

Out of warranty as of Feb 2016 too

https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...AB2A93CS120228
Old 06-10-2016, 12:36 AM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First, thanks to all about not getting extended warranty. At 6,000 miles I thought it was almost brand new.

With respect to the CAB, I will get more info tomorrow but the salesperson said that it has been in a warehouse and hasn't been driven. That's why the pictures she sent were from the car in the warehouse.

Originally Posted by STG
Yes!! Short time lurker but fast time learner! Congrats.

Please tell us how it went down? Pics you can post? Any new details on the cab?

Give up the goods!

I'll answer a few of your q's after.

Last edited by Joseesq; 06-10-2016 at 12:39 AM. Reason: Add pix
Old 06-10-2016, 12:36 AM
plantagenet
Track Day

Looking at car fax am I right in saying it hasn't been serviced since 5k miles?

Will see what he says about your offer tomorrow. Any reason why Kia would have instead of prestige imports who it was traded to originally according to the car fax?
Old 06-10-2016, 12:42 AM
Joseesq
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default More pix 2012 911 S CAB 6000 miles

More pix
Old 06-10-2016, 12:56 AM
plantagenet
Track Day

That cab looks amazing
Old 06-10-2016, 02:22 AM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by plantagenet

I posted about this earlier: called 3 times, sent one email: I was not called back. I was called by a survey person to see if the dealer experience "met or exceeded my expectations

This was at least a month ago. I doubt the car exists. This would be a nice fat commission a salesperson.
Old 06-10-2016, 11:45 AM
dgoldenz
Burning Brakes

Received 416 Likes on 219 Posts

That is a a really great looking Carrera S! Congrats!

I'm hoping to lock up a deal on a really nice '15 Carrera S coupe tomorrow, and wish it had a rear wing like yours. I'm guessing I would have to budget at least $3k for that.
Thanks, I really love the TechArt kit. The wing is like $3700 retail plus paint, seller paid $11k painted/installed for the whole kit.

Originally Posted by dawgcatching
I don't know that the Techart aftermarket products will bring anything on resale, so maybe not. The AeroKit Cup and Sport Design packages do sell for a premium typically. Local dealer got $78k for a 997.2 GTS PDK w/20k miles. That's mid-70's at best w/o an Aerokit, closer to $72k with those miles, no CPO.
Personal preference really - some people don't like the way the aerokit looks but there are a lot of people that would pay a premium too. I'd pay a small premium for the aerokit or TechArt kit if I had a choice between a car with or without it. The base 991S is missing something IMO, needs a rear wing.
Old 06-10-2016, 02:49 PM
Mike2937
Track Day

Joseesq,

Well done!

[QUOTE=Joseesq;13361269]Short time lurker but decided to pull the trigger on the 2012 CAB and put a $2k deposit to hold it while they get it from a warehouse and bring it to the dealership. They sent over pictures and now I will need to get a PPI.

Three questions:

Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991