Sponsored by:

HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 09:16 AM
griss
Advanced

Received 60 Likes on 19 Posts

STG,
You are providing a great service. I am looking to sell my 05 Carrera and to buy the newest 991 within my budget. Looking for a base model with manual transmission. To keep my purchase in the "$ 60's", what year should I target in your opinion- 2014 ?

Looking at random dealer websites- Beachwood Porsche in Ohio has a bunch of 2014 certifieds. Anybody know that dealership ?
Old 04-29-2016, 12:39 PM
Jherriott
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CDH911C2S
Yes---they are beautiful....Is it wrong that I am bothered that they are leaning on the car....I need help---
No... you don't need help. They just need a good spanking. Like a *really* good spanking!

Last edited by Jherriott; 04-29-2016 at 12:56 PM. Reason: moar spankingz
Old 04-29-2016, 01:43 PM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by Kennethjk

I might be able to get down there Saturday, weather too cool to play golf
Thanks anyway.

These guys are on my shi*t list. First they have the SUV I was looking at, then mysteriously it was sold the night before. I feel your pain guys. I'm in the trenches too

Benzel-Busch Mercedes
Englewood, NJ

I always have bad feelings about east coast dealers.
Old 04-29-2016, 01:55 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by STG991
Thanks anyway.

These guys are on my shi*t list. First they have the SUV I was looking at, then mysteriously it was sold the night before. I feel your pain guys. I'm in the trenches too

Benzel-Busch Mercedes
Englewood, NJ

I had a car last weekend that sat on the lot for months and as soon as I offered someone else bought it (as I now see from the Carfax). Turns out dealer was playing us both at the same time (other guy overpaid!).

Called two other dealers this week about cars that were "just sold yesterday". I really hate this game.....
Old 04-29-2016, 02:03 PM
STG
Race Director

I'm with you. My story today: "it wasn't marked as sold in the system" Still on the website too. I even offered full asking.

So many stories of sales guys taking forever to get back to potential buyers and playing games. Cars sitting on the lot forever and they're in no hurry to pursue a sale. Quite bizarre.

Oh, then the "no counter offer" game I hear from guys too. If the dealer doesn't like the offer, they don't even bother responding or countering.

Anyway, talk later guys.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:49 PM
Kennethjk
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks anyway.

Benzel-Busch Mercedes
Englewood, NJ

no problem, I actually have to be in Englewood anyway. I know the dealership you mentioned quite well. Many, many years ago my client owned that particualr dealership.

Not all east coast places are bad. But the state of SA's now a days are pretty poor and most do not last long at dealerships due to low pay.

My SA at the BMW dealershp has been there 30 years and Ive been dealing with the same person for that entire time.

Like anything else some good and some really bad but most do not know how to sell and if they were more proactive they would make more.

Good luck
Old 04-29-2016, 02:54 PM
evergreenbar
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Had a similar situation with a NJ Porsche dealer about a month ago on a VERY low mileage 991. Was advised that car was no longer available. Car is still on website. I think dealers use the ads to generate inquiries hopefully leading to sales of other cars. Needless to say that dealer is no longer on my list. Maybe they all went to sales school together?
Old 04-29-2016, 03:06 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by evergreenbar
Had a similar situation with a NJ Porsche dealer about a month ago on a VERY low mileage 991. Was advised that car was no longer available. Car is still on website. I think dealers use the ads to generate inquiries hopefully leading to sales of other cars.
I think there may be some truth to that.

Anyway, time to move on. Discussing a losing battle here. Part of the pre-owned chase. Have to take the good with the bad.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,095 Likes on 654 Posts

Originally Posted by griss
STG,

Looking at random dealer websites- Beachwood Porsche in Ohio has a bunch of 2014 certifieds. Anybody know that dealership ?
It's a Penske company that combined Stoddard, Cascade and Fred Baker during the downsizing of P dealers. Legit place for sure. I ordered my two Boxsters from Brad Kennett there. He's VP of the local PCA chapter in NE Ohio this year. Good guy.
They move a lot of cars - I wouldn't expect a screaming deal but I think Brad is a straight shooter. I followed him there from Stoddard and I have found him fair to deal with. The car in my avatar was their penultimate GTS order last year.
Old 04-29-2016, 03:33 PM
JBT3
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

I think I found a candidate worthy of this thread. No affiliation at all with car or seller, just passing it along. I've noticed he has dropped the price twice so he may be ready to deal, but $66K for a 991.1S with some nice options already feels like a great deal to me. If it were Guards Red, it would be mine.

CL Link: https://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/5550732553.html
https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...AB2A94CS121212
Old 04-29-2016, 03:43 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,095 Likes on 654 Posts

Thanks anyway.

Benzel-Busch Mercedes
Englewood, NJ

If you're looking for a Mercedes, Google Bernie Moreno. He has a bunch of dealerships (Ohio, Kentucky, Massachusetts) and is an amazing guy. I ordered my TT from him and just traded it for a '16 S550 (see avatar). He couldn't have made the deal more fair or easy for me. (Porsche North Olmsted and MBNO share a parking lot).
No BS. I read a business article his companies are approaching $1B in sales and he still gives out his personal cell # to nobodies like me.
Not to tie up your terrific thread, but you did ask
Old 04-29-2016, 03:51 PM
dawgcatching
Burning Brakes

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by JBT3
I think I found a candidate worthy of this thread. No affiliation at all with car or seller, just passing it along. I've noticed he has dropped the price twice so he may be ready to deal, but $66K for a 991.1S with some nice options already feels like a great deal to me. If it were Guards Red, it would be mine.

CL Link: https://lancaster.craigslist.org/cto/5550732553.html
https://admin.porschedealer.com/repo...AB2A94CS121212
That is a good price! Speaking of sales though, people really need to work on their ads, especially on Craigslist. How well was the car maintained? Paint condition; how well was it cared for? Tire condition? Also, a list of the specs, as the window sticker never shows up well in low-res photos. If they can't take an extra 10 minutes to really deliver a good ad, then no wonder the car may not sell for months!
Old 04-29-2016, 03:55 PM
STG
Race Director

Originally Posted by Keadog
If you're looking for a Mercedes, Google Bernie Moreno. He has a bunch of dealerships (Ohio, Kentucky, Massachusetts) and is an amazing guy. I ordered my TT from him and just traded it for a '16 S550 (see avatar). He couldn't have made the deal more fair or easy for me. (Porsche North Olmsted and MBNO share a parking lot).
No BS. I read a business article his companies are approaching $1B in sales and he still gives out his personal cell # to nobodies like me.
Not to tie up your terrific thread, but you did ask
Thanks. Someone that has his priorities straight. Putting the paying customer FIRST. A forgotten concept these days for most.

Better than dealing with the "wanna be Sopranos" I've had to deal with today from Jersey.
Old 04-29-2016, 04:59 PM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by evergreenbar
Had a similar situation with a NJ Porsche dealer about a month ago on a VERY low mileage 991. Was advised that car was no longer available. Car is still on website. I think dealers use the ads to generate inquiries hopefully leading to sales of other cars. Needless to say that dealer is no longer on my list. Maybe they all went to sales school together?
Dealer told me after purchase, that the car stays on their website until it is moved off of their lot. Mine is still on their site as there was some CPO work to do and a small delay in getting it picked up by shipping company. Not what I would want but there it is.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:26 PM
STG
Race Director

OUCH

Anyone been to this new Penske dealer? Heard its supposed to be HUGE. Looking to be the number one sales volume dealer in the US I believe. I think Champion is #1 now?

A lot of their used inventory (not this CC) looks like it came from PCNA auction cars. Many that look like ones used at the Porsche driving school, etc.

Quick Reply: HOT FOR SALE: Pick of the Week 991