Sponsored by:

Alternative to Black Leather Interior

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2015, 08:01 PM
PsychicDreamer
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hinckley,

Sorry, I gave you incorrect information. I was confusing this with my wife's 2015.

My car was ordered and delivered as one of the last 2014's.

Maybe this option is no longer available?

That would be weird to discontinue it for MY 2015 orders.

I'll find my order sheet and post it when I get a chance.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:43 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by PsychicDreamer
Hinckley,

Sorry, I gave you incorrect information. I was confusing this with my wife's 2015. My car was ordered and delivered as one of the last 2014's. Maybe this option is no longer available? That would be weird to discontinue it for MY 2015 orders.
That all makes sense psychic. Melissa's original email to me stated that there was in fact a change for the MY15 911s.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:36 AM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

Just yesterday, 02Jan15, I ordered a '15 991 GTS coupe, the last of the dealer's normal allocation for MY 2015. It will lock within about two weeks, which leaves very little time for any changes. I'm comfortable with the spec, including two-tone leather in black/garnet red, but I would have preferred deviating black carpeting with this interior. My understanding from you guys (and the dealer rep) is that Porsche is not allowing non-configurator deviations on the '15 GTS. Does anyone have different experience with Exclusive as to what's allowed on GTS orders?
By ordering black/garnet red, deviating red stitching is automatically included on the dash top and along both sides all the way to the rear. Decorative stitching, as opposed to deviating, is used on the rear tunnel on the optional tunnel leather package. Stitching same color as the leather. In the black/garnet red option the tunnel is red. No changes of this type are allowed on the GTS, but you can do almost anything on a Turbo S. Correct? Thanks in advance for any help on this!
Old 01-04-2015, 03:28 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 113 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by kwikit356
I'm comfortable with the spec, including two-tone leather in black/garnet red, but I would have preferred deviating black carpeting with this interior. My understanding from you guys (and the dealer rep) is that Porsche is not allowing non-configurator deviations on the '15 GTS. Does anyone have different experience with Exclusive as to what's allowed on GTS orders?
Yes, deviating options are restricted on the gts. Hinckley talks about it starting on post # 579 at the following thread:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-39.html

By ordering black/garnet red, deviating red stitching is automatically included on the dash top and along both sides all the way to the rear. Decorative stitching, as opposed to deviating, is used on the rear tunnel on the optional tunnel leather package. Stitching same color as the leather. In the black/garnet red option the tunnel is red. No changes of this type are allowed on the GTS, but you can do almost anything on a Turbo S. Correct? Thanks in advance for any help on this!
Yes, I believe you have described it correctly.

Hinckley, Sorry, I gave you incorrect information. I was confusing this with my wife's 2015. My car was ordered and delivered as one of the last 2014's. Maybe this option is no longer available? That would be weird to discontinue it for MY 2015 orders.
Originally Posted by hinckley
That all makes sense psychic. Melissa's original email to me stated that there was in fact a change for the MY15 911s.
Hinckley: Since you ordered a gts, could Melissa's email be specific to that model's restricted option list? Or did you understand the 'no deviating seat color option' to be in place for all 991 models in MY2015???

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 01-04-2015, 08:20 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Z356
Hinckley: Since you ordered a gts, could Melissa's email be specific to that model's restricted option list? Or did you understand the 'no deviating seat color option' to be in place for all 991 models in MY2015???
Unfortunately, the email string that I quoted earlier was from June and July and related to a C4S Cab that I had then had on order. I switched that order to a GTS Cab in September.

I had eventually designed a great custom interior with Melissa based on the deviating options that were available for the C4S. When I cancelled the C4S order in September, I assumed that I would be able to get the same custom interior in the GTS, but Melissa subsequently informed me that there were zero deviating options available for that model. I have to admit that if I had known that at the time, I'm not sure that I would have cancelled my C4S order.
Old 01-04-2015, 08:35 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

kwikit, your analysis is pretty much spot on. I'm in the same boat as you with a Cognac/Espresso interior that I couldn't even get deviating carpets for. And you're right - you can order pretty much anything on any of the other Carrera or Turbo models.

You're also correct about the rear tunnel stitching. A GTS deviating option is not available. However, I did find one nuance that you may want to consider. I got the Extended Dashboard Trim in Leather (code CZW). It's a pricey option, but with two-tone interiors like ours, the dealer can add notes in one of the CZW option fields to change the stitching to the deviating color (in your case, Garnett). This is not a separate deviating option, but simply a modification of a normal option. Don't ask me to explain that logic!
Old 01-04-2015, 09:20 AM
cremaley
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 15 Posts

The red looks awesome but very hard to keep clean. I had Carrera red leather interior in my 2011 Spyder and my jeans always blend into to leather. Had to use leather cleaner and conditioner almost weekly to keep the leather looking new. I Concours my cars so it drove me nuts. Went back to all black interior in my 2014 Carrera 991. Much easier to keep clean but does not look as dramatic as the red. If you are as **** as I am keep a good supply of leather cleaner and conditioner on hand.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:21 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

PsychicDreamer - beautiful car, love the extra detail of the deviated stitching! I'm a little biased as I have the deviated seats in red also (see below), but without the deviated stitching.

I also felt the all red interior was probably too much for my everyday consumption (although having seen an agate grey boxster with all red interior it really does look beautiful in person). I didn't order mine, but if I did I would have seriously considered the now two tone black/garnet interior given the value it brings with the two tone and deviated stitching and how well put together it looks, but still maybe a bit too much red for some. When I found my agate grey with deviated red seats I fell in love with the combo - just the splash of red I needed!

My only initial concern was the split red and black on the center tunnel but after having it for few months now - of no concern to me.

Hinckley - is there a chance that when they made the two tone black / garnet available (I think in early 2014) that they discontinued the deviated red seat option?

My build was a 3/2014 production date (from Newport Beach Porsche) and coding was:

2014 Porsche 911 Carrera S Cabriolet
N0 - Agate Grey Metallic
AZ - Leather interior in Black
25241 - Seats in deviating standard leather (front and rear)
00471 - Rear seat backrest covered in carpet (engine side)

Link to my thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8384...ts-thread.html

Here's a pic:
Old 01-04-2015, 01:13 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Dalema
Hinckley - is there a chance that when they made the two tone black / garnet available (I think in early 2014) that they discontinued the deviated red seat option?
I don't want to sound as if I know more than I do, but I communicated with Melissa quite a bit between June and October (for my C4S and then GTS orders). It was pretty clear to me that seats in all deviating leathers were discontinued for MY15 911s, not just Garnett seats (I was not looking for deviating Garnett seats).

But with the way things are going with Exclusive these days, I wouldn't be surprised if it changes again. As a matter of fact, if they can get their act together, I'd be surprised if deviating leather seats were not re-introduced in the future.

One other thing. Although there's been a lot of dissing of Exclusive in general, Melissa's communications with me have always been accurate and (relatively) timely. She was exceptionally helpful providing me feedback on my ideas as well as making her own recommendations. I don't think that she's in any way responsible for some of what's happening with her group.
Old 01-04-2015, 02:34 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by hinckley
I don't want to sound as if I know more than I do, but I communicated with Melissa quite a bit between June and October (for my C4S and then GTS orders). It was pretty clear to me that seats in all deviating leathers were discontinued for MY15 911s, not just Garnett seats (I was not looking for deviating Garnett seats).
You're correct - MY15 discontinuation. I'm updating myself on the Porsche Exclusive sticky (haven't actively followed it for the last few months) - what a great read and thread!
Old 01-04-2015, 05:21 PM
PsychicDreamer
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Dalema, beautiful color combo on your cab. I almost ordered an Agate Grey coupe, but switched to black at the last minute.

The red and agate grey combo is amazing.

I bet that car sounds amazing with the top down.
Old 01-05-2015, 06:19 PM
eg991
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Psychic, love the interior. Your car looks awesome. Well done!
Old 01-06-2015, 08:29 PM
Dan991
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinion on deviated stitching

I am ordering a rhodium silver C2S with black leather interior and sport seats plus with the silver backs. I would like a light perhaps silver colored deviated stitching. To keep costs down, I was thinking about only including three locations: the dashboard, upper door trim, and rear side panel, similar to the deviated stitching seen in the two-tone interiors. Would the deviated stitching along the upper door trim clash with the rest of the standard darker stitching in the door and elsewhere in the interior? Anyone have pictures of this ?
Old 01-06-2015, 11:30 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Received 126 Likes on 65 Posts

Thanks very much hinkley for the tip on leather dash Code CZW. I did order that option but had no idea a note could be added to request Garnet Red stitching. Great idea. Keeping the "note" concept in mind, I wonder if I could ask to have a note added to the rear tunnel in leather option, requesting black stitching. Your dash stitching sounds really good, but in trying to visualize black deviating stitching in just the rear tunnel area, with none of the rest of the red leather having it, I think it's going a little too far. When I can get onto my regular computer, and can use the 3D Configurator, I'll try to spec a Turbo to see if it will let me see deviating stitching options available. Can't wait to see the pics of your car!
Old 01-07-2015, 01:40 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Dalema, beautiful color combo on your cab. I almost ordered an Agate Grey coupe, but switched to black at the last minute.

The red and agate grey combo is amazing.

I bet that car sounds amazing with the top down.
Thanks, and yes, one of my favorite things!

Quick Reply: Alternative to Black Leather Interior