Sponsored by:

Lime Gold 991 Turbo Caught In the Wild

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 05:08 PM
Hugh Jardon
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lime Gold 991 Turbo Caught In the Wild

I seem to recall several knowledgeable forum members indicate that Lime Gold was an extremely rare color. Well I just saw a 991 turbo out in the wild yesterday. Second time I've seen this car at the same intersection. I had time to snap a few pics before it rocketed off into the sunset. I'll say it was a much better color in person than in pictures. Sorry for the blurry shots, the car was moving pretty fast and it was a cell phone cam, plus I'm not much of a photographer...
Attached Images   
Old 10-09-2014, 06:39 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,092 Likes on 651 Posts

Send a PM to Eduardo - it's his favorite color!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:09 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by Keadog
Send a PM to Eduardo - it's his favorite color!
Old 10-09-2014, 10:47 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Wonder if he got the Lime Gold subsidy Eduardo was lobbying for?
Old 10-09-2014, 11:02 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Gents:

Enjoy while you can the unique 'Lime Gold' exterior & interior combos! Come next Spring, it will be 'Auf Wiedersehen' from PAG's options list...forever!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 10-10-2014, 01:06 AM
gota911
Newbies Hospitality Director
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Gents:

Enjoy while you can the unique 'Lime Gold' exterior & interior combos! Come next Spring, it will be 'Auf Wiedersehen' from PAG's options list...forever!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Thankfully so! It can't disappear soon enough.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:11 AM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

I always enjoy seeing the different 911 variations in less common colors. With this said, while I know Eduardo will tell me that Porsche did its due market research, I still can't understand how lime gold ever made the configurator palette.

Last edited by FORENN; 10-10-2014 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:13 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Old 10-10-2014, 09:31 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by sportscentury
I always enjoy seeing the different 911 variations in less common colors. With this said, while I know Eduardo will tell me that Porsche did its due market research, I still can't understand how lime gold ever made the configurator palette.
SportsCentury: And you would be wrong in what I would tell you re: 'Lime Gold Metallic' inclusion in the configurator! 'Lime Gold Metallic' got there because the color guru's at PAG decided in 2011 that it would not only be a great hue for Germanic taste, but that it deserved coordinated color interiors too! Fashionistas, like any other intolerant political minority in a society, don't care much about market research or voters 'like/dislikes' on any given subject. They want to impose their vision on the rest of us (whether we like it or not) simply because they know 'better' than the rest of us!

Not that much different from the PC police crowd in our country!

In fact, this is what I wrote back in March on the subject when the MY2015 color/option changes were announced:

"As I posted on the 981 forum, I believe this is just the start of the changes. The bigger ones will arrive when they announce MY2016 & the facelift! 'Lime Gold Metallic' for sure will hit the dust. But its one of the few exterior Porsche paints that has it's own color-coordinated leather interiors (photos 1 & 2) & distinctive stitching color thread! That whole color scheme will need to be replaced once they decide to dump this unpopular & slow-selling 'Lime Gold Metallic' hue! So that process needs time to be coordinated with all the interior part suppliers, leather vendors, stitching thread providers, etc.

Interestingly, Germany and Porsche Exclusive apparently still loves 'Lime Gold Metallic'. In fact, 'Porsche Exclusive' recently announced a special edition 991 Turbo in the colors, including parts of the interior! Clearly Germans have a fascination for 'green' which is alien to many other nationalities & car markets. Some of you might remember that BMW offered a 'mint green' leather interior in the early 2000's (photo 3). I considered ordering that in my European Delivery MY2004 745i Sport for about 1 nano second...and then went with something else! Today that refreshingly mint interior is a rare sight to see - it was that 'popular' here in the US!

sfo is correct. 'Lime Gold' is sort of 'green'. In fact, a Colorado Porsche dealer is advertising its 'hard-to-sell' Lime Gold left-over MY2013 991 Cabriolet as 'green' in AutoTrader (see photo 4).

Unlike some of you, I positively love certain shades of 'Green' although I don't always agree with the ones the Germans seem to like! However I am very grateful that at least we have so many interesting shades of Green available to us via PTS on a Porsche 991 or 981 today:

Signal Green (historic 911 color)
Viper (historic 911 color)
Green (gt3 RS color)
British Racing Green
Porsche Racing Green
Brewster Green (Club Coupe)
Dark Olive Metallic (historic 911 color)
Jet Green Metallic
Lago Green Metallic (historic 356 color)
Laser Green Metallic
Lichtgrün/Birch Green (historic 911 color)
Ocean Jade Metallic
Malachite Green Metallic
Oak Green Metallic
Peridot Metallic
Emerald Green Metallic
Forest Green Metallic
Vividian Green Metallic
Stone Grey (historic 356 color /sort of 'green' in certain light)

So do we 'Got Green' in the Porsche palette? Yes, we do...if you look at the whole picture!
"

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/8044...gurator-2.html

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 10-10-2014, 10:31 AM
FORENN
Banned

SportsCentury: And you would be wrong in what I would tell you re: 'Lime Gold Metallic' inclusion in the configurator! 'Lime Gold Metallic' got there because the color guru's at PAG decided in 2011 that it would not only be a great hue for Germanic taste, but that it deserved coordinated color interiors too! Fashionistas, like any other intolerant political minority in a society, don't care much about market research or voters 'like/dislikes' on any given subject. They want to impose their vision on the rest of us (whether we like it or not) simply because they know 'better' than the rest of us!
Haha, I was just kidding. I was referencing your explanation as to why Alcantara is an option. Hard for me to see where the market researchers end and the "fashionistas" begin with some of the options offered by PAG. As an aside, I like several (though far from all) of the greens available via PTS.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:19 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Haha, I was just kidding. I was referencing your explanation as to why Alcantara is an option. Hard for me to see where the market researchers end and the "fashionistas" begin with some of the options offered by PAG.
Alcantara is a fashion & utility trend in track-oriented sport cars across the board (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc). 'Lime Gold Metallic' is singular dubious-value colored pool that only Porsche has chosen to dive into! Ce qui fait la différence!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Old 10-10-2014, 12:45 PM
FORENN
Banned

Alcantara is a fashion & utility trend in track-oriented sport cars across the board (Ferrari, Lamborghini, Aston Martin, etc). 'Lime Gold Metallic' is singular dubious-value colored pool that only Porsche has chosen to dive into! Ce qui fait la différence!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Yes, of course. But why not do market research on all palette colors? That would seem to make sense, no? Another palette oddity to me is that there are two dark browns offered, while only one shade of grey, the latter of which I have to think is far more popular.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:19 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Yes, of course. But why not do market research on all palette colors? That would seem to make sense, no? Another palette oddity to me is that there are two dark browns offered, while only one shade of grey, the latter of which I have to think is far more popular.
Not to mention they haven't had a single true "green" since Porsche Racing Green in the 997. But rejoice! In addition to two browns, whites, blues and blacks, they once again offer two reds in the GTS (Guards and Carmine).
Old 10-10-2014, 01:37 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Yes, of course. But why not do market research on all palette colors? That would seem to make sense, no?
Nein! Das ez de vay ve do it, ja...and you vill like it!
Verstanden?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images  
Old 10-10-2014, 01:43 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Nein! Das ez de vay ve do it, ja...and you vill like it!
Verstanden?

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Some of the younger members may not recognize Col. Klink. I'm not sure how popular Hogan's Heroes was on Nickelodeon.
Eduardo, Bumper Plugs Eric is spraying Brewster and Dark Olive Metallic samples for me "as we speak". I'm definitely switching to a GTS and they do show PTS on the Configurator. I'm hoping to keep my February PTS slot, switching models from C4S to GTS. If I get another "Nein", it looks like DBM with the E/C interior.

Quick Reply: Lime Gold 991 Turbo Caught In the Wild