Sponsored by:

Excitement for the new GTS?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,589 Likes on 2,335 Posts

Originally Posted by 96redLT4
I bet the new one will be turbo charged ala BMW old M3 to new M4. Everyone seems to be going that route. They will tout more hp and much more torque. It is not the right direction IMHO if you really appreciate what a normally aspirated 911 represents. Good for the aftermarket exhaust makers however!
Jim
+1 interesting question is will it appear across the entire range ... or simply in the base Carerra?
Old 10-13-2014, 08:02 PM
motenai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Yardman
I keep waiting for someone to point out that the GTS is over 10K less than specing out a S model with the same options...
Isn't that a deal???
And that doesn't include items you can't spec on an S like...4S Rear End, Centerlock Wheels, Alcantara all over it, etc.
Be they options you want or not....am I missing this or am I correct.
If I was in the market for an S I would consider it a deal.
Parts Bin Car and All.....

As I stated earlier, it's been my personal experience with the dealership closest to me that I can order a C2S or C4S with power kit and receive a 7% discount right off the bat without any negotiating, but when it came to getting the same consideration for a GTS I was told that due to their limited allocations there will be little to no discount applied. YMMV depending on your particular dealer.

But, your point about the GTS specific items as well as the widebody rear for a non awd could definitely be worth it for many. If I order a new one, It'll probably be a C4S with powerkit. With the discount applied, that falls in between the cost of a similarly equipped GTS and GTS 4 at MSRP.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:07 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Cable
+1 interesting question is will it appear across the entire range ... or simply in the base Carerra?
I think turbo charging will be the norm for everyone and almost everything. They simply can't increase power and torque any longer and keep fuel economy to the 'standard'. Even Ferrari is not immune...
J
Old 10-13-2014, 09:10 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by motenai
As I stated earlier, it's been my personal experience with the dealership closest to me that I can order a C2S or C4S with power kit and receive a 7% discount right off the bat without any negotiating, but when it came to getting the same consideration for a GTS I was told that due to their limited allocations there will be little to no discount applied. YMMV depending on your particular dealer.

But, your point about the GTS specific items as well as the widebody rear for a non awd could definitely be worth it for many. If I order a new one, It'll probably be a C4S with powerkit. With the discount applied, that falls in between the cost of a similarly equipped GTS and GTS 4 at MSRP.
Wait a few months....or weeks. The 'limited allocations' are because it has only been out for 5 days. It is a standard production model.
J
Old 10-13-2014, 10:22 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Wait a few months....or weeks. The 'limited allocations' are because it has only been out for 5 days. It is a standard production model.
J
yup. I'm getting the same discount percent on my GTS 2 Cab order that I was getting on the C4S Cab order it replaced. Fwiw, the GTS has a lower sticker price (and net price) than my C4S Cab.
Old 10-13-2014, 10:31 PM
motenai
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

J
You've got a very good point. And I only talked with the dealer closest to me, so maybe others nearby may deal.
Old 10-14-2014, 01:15 AM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

I'm sure they will all deal to an extent. Remember this 'deal of a lifetime' is still a normally aspirated 911, which with a few options boxes checked will be 122-130K plus taxes and fees!
J
Old 10-14-2014, 01:16 AM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I think turbo charging will be the norm for everyone and almost everything. They simply can't increase power and torque any longer and keep fuel economy to the 'standard'. Even Ferrari is not immune...
Yup. The fact that the refreshed California is a Turbo, and the rumored 458 turbo refresh is coming, marks the end of the N/A era, to be honest.

Quick Reply: Excitement for the new GTS?