Sponsored by:

991 issues update and lemon law filling new video

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2014, 03:14 PM
Quadcammer
Race Director

Received 1,405 Likes on 814 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
You sound like you've run/owned many successful businesses. Porsche should hire you as their consultant.
Originally Posted by slam19s
PCNA should definitely hire you as a consultant.
they don't need to. they can already sell pretty much as many overpriced toys as they can.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1

The only reason the car is this old/used is Nick's extra-terrestrial patience and his inability to get pissed months sooner.
Exactly. When Porsche sells a lemon, should they get off easier if the buyer happens to be a Zen monk versus a type-A PR firm principal with a chip on his shoulder? No, it should hurt them very badly to sell a lemon to either customer. Otherwise their incentives are misaligned with ours.

That said...

But if you take away two of those components it's time for me to move on to something else. Personally, I've come to the conclusion that premium brand loyalty is a fool's game unless there is reciprocity from the manufacturer for my big spend... It does not matter that my personal experience with Porsche products has been good. I am not just buying a car when I spend six figures on a car, I am also buying a comfortable state-of-mind about my relationship with that company and how I will be treated by it.
I agree with those who say your (purrybonker's) reaction is over the top. You have to be willing to stick up for your interests when dealing with any car company. They are not your friends. No matter what brand of car you buy instead of a Porsche, you will find someone with a similar tearjerking story who has sworn never to buy another car from $BRAND again.

I used Tesla earlier in this thread as an example of a company with strong customer-oriented values that is already starting to threaten the gorillas in the marketplace. But even they have feet of clay, from the perspective of some of their early adopters who found out what happens when you let the battery charge in your Model S fall below a certain critical threshold. As they grow larger and more successful, the stories of heroic Tesla customer service will naturally fade into history. History will give way to myth, myth will become legend, and before you know it they'll be just like Porsche or Ferrari. Their marketing budget will be bigger than most countries' GNP, while their customers are forced to air their grievances on YouTube. That's just how it goes.

Buy what you want, but don't take any ****. That was Nick's only real mistake.

Last edited by Noah Fect; 04-18-2014 at 03:46 PM.
Old 04-18-2014, 03:39 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by chuckbdc
and in other news.. Porsche are handling the GT3 engine debacle ... equally as well
Gotta give credit where it's due, though. I think they are handling that situation as well as they can. They can't conjure GT3 engines out of thin air, so the owners will simply have to wait for production to catch up. There is word that they are being compensated for their time and trouble.

Can you imagine the outrage if Porsche had instead told their GT3 customers to bring their cars to the dealer for a complete engine teardown/rebuild? They would certainly be within their legal rights to do that, no question about it, but those customers really would go nuclear. There's no good solution other than what they're doing, IMHO.
Old 04-18-2014, 04:04 PM
66mustang
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by hf1
Hey, don't give PCNA lawyers any ideas. They may start deducting the value of the coffee, the rent paid for the waiting rooms, and the miles driven on loaners from the "fair" arbitrated compensation.
Don't they already with $300 oil changes?
Old 04-18-2014, 04:48 PM
nmurray22
Instructor

Received 96 Likes on 12 Posts

Hopefully this is the last video I do on this....

Enjoy.

Thanks again everyone.

Nick

Old 04-18-2014, 04:59 PM
RichardC
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep us posted on what you do, Nick. I really enjoyed your videos when I was lurking before I ordered my car.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:01 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Bravo, great closing video. It's my opinion you handled this entire situation so very well. Porsche is lucky they didn't build this car for a genuinely unreasonable person, because you could have made this much uglier than it was. Congrats!
Old 04-18-2014, 05:05 PM
Intermediate

Update:
Porsche has posted on FaceBook as well as Twitter in regard to this incident. Links:
https://www.facebook.com/porsche/pos...?stream_ref=10
If you can't visit these sites, here's what they posted:

Thank you everyone for responding to Mr. Murray's video. We appreciate your passion and our community's drive for excellent customer service. We at Porsche have always sought excellence in all that we do. We know you expect it of us. And when we don't meet that standard, we make every effort to improve. We want you to know we’ve offered to repurchase or replace Mr. Murray’s car, and we hope we can reignite his passion for Porsche.
Old 04-18-2014, 05:35 PM
BH987S
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nmurray22
Hopefully this is the last video I do on this....

Enjoy.

Thanks again everyone.

Nick

http://youtu.be/iJjxeyC2W8s
Glad it worked out. Sad that this is what it takes.

Had Porsche done this at first they'd have had the equivalent in good publicity they now have in bad.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:05 PM
moab
Rennlist Member

Received 659 Likes on 324 Posts

congrats on your resolution. that last video was priceless, well done! hope you end up in another 991.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:28 PM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well done, Mr Murray

a credit to Kiwis!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:43 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Good luck with your new 911 Nick. Between the dog, the roof rack, gorilla and now the sheep you know you need one!
Old 04-18-2014, 06:52 PM
turbo4 me
Instructor

Way to go Nick!

I busted a gut between ***** Faggins and the sheep comment... Any-ho....
Old 04-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Get a new 911 but delete the rear wiper. Best of luck to you!
Old 04-18-2014, 07:05 PM
utkinpol
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

Porsche as a company has very interesting approach to customer service. They abuse concept of "free will" as it applies to failures that are in mass related to original faulty design. Same failure may get covered by factory if you are on your 4th p-car, a first time buyer will get a plain rejection response from pcna and that's the end of it.

It took class action lawsuit to force them to shell out for all the broken engines in 996 and 2005 997 cars and despite having same damn design in post 2005 cars no one expects much from them now. Some of my friends had an unfortunate experince to communicate with pcna and they eventually got rid of their cars. Only salvation here is that p-cars in general are quite reliable and most of us do not have to communicate with those jerks. But those who had to usually are not very happy.

Last edited by utkinpol; 04-19-2014 at 09:29 AM.

Quick Reply: 991 issues update and lemon law filling new video