Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need option advice

Old 01-20-2014, 09:38 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Badknees
That interterior looks very nice. Darn you for posting that Decisions, decisions. I'm still leaning towards all black, but that picture makes things difficult.
LOL! You'll lose sleep BEFORE you order then you will torture yourself with possible changes until the CHANGE DEADLINE passes. Then you have to WAIT! The crosses we bear!

Truthfully, can you go wrong with any choices?
Old 01-20-2014, 09:46 PM
socalsteve
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Black-Platinum grey full leather interior...This is the interior of my (new to me) 2012 991, that will be here on Friday.

Its very rich looking...that being said, I still hold true to my previous statement that GT Silver metallic is an amazing color on its own. Rich, full of depth and truly striking. Single color interior (black) will accent the outside perfectly.
Attached Images  
Old 01-21-2014, 12:21 AM
apias
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
... Of course that means no plastic 'Aluminum Look' gas cap ...
I believe the "Aluminum Look" gas cap is standard on the TTS.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:00 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

One fine Porsche no matter how its optioned.
Old 01-26-2014, 03:59 PM
Badknees
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is where I am:

GT Silver
Classic wheels (silver)
Black interior
Brushed Aluminum interior
Brushed Aluminum console trim
Light Design Pkg
Park Assist
Power Steering Plus
Luggage Net
Seat Heating
Seat Ventilation
18 way sport seats
Smokers Pkg
Sport Design Steering Wheel in Alcantara

Replacing the carbon fibre interior trim with brushed aluminum to be more in line with the steering wheel spokes. Good idea?

Thinking of Alcantara shifter, but $865 ????

Looks like I'll be seeing the dealer again this week. After last week's discussion it looks like it'll be a 2015.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:03 PM
chuck911
Race Car

I thought of those same two for you, but didn't mention because this is the first car I've seen where the carbon fiber seems to look okay, and the shifter is so spendy. The brushed aluminum seems to be a bit different finish than the steering wheel. Another thought is to have the interior package painted.
Old 01-26-2014, 06:16 PM
Badknees
Racer

Originally Posted by chuck911
I thought of those same two for you, but didn't mention because this is the first car I've seen where the carbon fiber seems to look okay, and the shifter is so spendy. The brushed aluminum seems to be a bit different finish than the steering wheel. Another thought is to have the interior package painted.
You're right - looking at the configurator, the steering wheel does look a little brighter and "clash" with the brushed aluminum. I thought of painted, but the GT Silver might "clash" in the same way with the steering wheel as the brushed aluminum. I might be going back to carbon fibre.

I've spent more time on the configurator than I can imagine. I wonder how many times I'll change after submitting an order.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:11 PM
chuck911
Race Car

I know what you mean. To my eye the steering wheel is closer to the standard than brushed aluminum. Almost identical, probably considered to be the same. So yes brushed clashes a bit to my eyes too. When the same parts are painted however then its no longer a case of the same thing different finish, which looks like "why don't they match?" but a completely new thing entirely, which in this case looks to my eyes like "wow the inside matches the outside!" At least that is the effect its had on me with the few cars I've been in that were optioned like this. One of these was even a combo of silver (forget if it was GT Silver) with natural brown leather, which everyone commented was not something they'd expect to "work" but all were surprised that it really does. On that car not only the interior package but the entire center console (both the trim around the shifter as well as the upper part around the controls, forget what they call that) were all painted. But remember that car had natural brown interior. In my view when going black that color makes anything different stand right out, making it very easy to do "too much." That's probably why I like cf on this car, it blends in with just a bit of accent. But cars I have been in with the painted interior package, its surprising the way this draws your eye to connect the inside with the outside of the car. Hard to describe but I like the feeling.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:47 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 960 Likes on 455 Posts

FWIW, GT silver with Espresso leather is easily my favorite combo...just a thought...
Old 01-27-2014, 09:45 AM
Samp4
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know you are thinking black at this point but just to offer something different since you are thinking alternate interiors. If you went with the espresso or espresso/cognac you could do wood. I saw one the was the espresso/cognac and wood and was very nice. Of course the wood would not go with the black interior.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:35 PM
Badknees
Racer

Wife doesn't like "yellow" family colour interiors. Salesman would like to see me do something to the black interior to make it "pop". I'm very traditional and conservative, so that's not going to be easy. It also appears the silver classic wheels will go better with Rhodium than GT Silver. As someone else said, I wish they'd only make it one way so I wouldn't have to make choices.
Old 01-28-2014, 10:53 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 131 Likes on 69 Posts

I ordered mine in GT silver and espresso. They go very well together and the espresso is a bit different and more classy than your run of the mill black, IMO. You could also do the trim in leather. It's very subdued and mellow. I'm going with the standard silver trim which seems to match the sport design wheel very well.
Old 01-29-2014, 07:15 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by Badknees
Wife doesn't like "yellow" family colour interiors. Salesman would like to see me do something to the black interior to make it "pop". I'm very traditional and conservative, so that's not going to be easy. It also appears the silver classic wheels will go better with Rhodium than GT Silver. As someone else said, I wish they'd only make it one way so I wouldn't have to make choices.
Badknees, just buy the car how you and your wife like it ! If you like it traditional and conservative, then by all means choose it that way !
No matter what your salesman would like you to do, he probably wants his commission to "pop" by you adding options ;-)

Have you considered platinum silk wheels with your silver exterior. It is gorgeous !
Old 01-29-2014, 11:03 AM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,011 Likes on 608 Posts

GT silver/Espresso sounds fabulous to me. I would do interior package & center console in leather, too, as long as I'm spending your money

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Need option advice