Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 911 C4S Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2014, 12:55 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just tagged onto this thread and its like one of those movies where things just get worse and worse and you hit that point where everything is revealed and your mind just gets blown...thats how i felt when i saw the picture album...the PDI on your car was horrific. there really is no other word than horrific. it looks like someone's fat *** was plunked onto the sunroof. really, that looks like oils from skin! i would push for concessions based on your experience. i'm sorry but for the amount you're paying, this is unacceptable. heck, it wouldn't even be acceptable for a tata let alone a c4s. they are taking advantage of you irregardless of gender. i also would not be surprised if someone in the shop took it for a blast prior to you taking delivery. sorry to add fuel but this really pisses me off
Old 01-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by 991999R
heck, it wouldn't even be acceptable for a tata let alone a c4s.
Especially the expensive, top-end Tata's. Ratan would agree with you!

Saludos,
Eduardo

Attached Images  
Old 01-17-2014, 02:54 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Z356
Especially the expensive, top-end Tata's. Ratan would agree with you!

Saludos,
Eduardo

touche, mon ami.
i still like the idea of public dealer shaming!
Old 01-18-2014, 02:14 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 147 Likes on 78 Posts

Very cool, congrats!
Old 01-20-2014, 06:47 PM
TRM
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 65 Posts

Congrats!

Funny how you're spot in the Bay Area looks amazingly similar to my Uncle's place in Huntington Beach.

GLW her.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:09 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Hey Guys.. I just wanted to do a quick post.. I promise to give a detailed account.. to be honest its such a long, long story and I am tired that I still can't post that all is taken care of.

At the beginning I figured I would wait to do one summarized post of how it is all wrapped up.. but at this point, we are still not done.

Also, my Grandmother died Christmas, and we flew to Germany for the funeral, which did not hinder the process because I dropped the car of a day before the flight. 5 days later we were back, we landed on Jan 6 and I picked the car up Friday the 10th. Been driving it since..

You would think that not so many things can go wrong.. but I guess I am special

On the positive.. I have my car and I am enjoying to drive it very much.

Current status is that I will have to drop it off one more time to get the aluminum footrest replaced which was scratched up while I left it there before the holidays.. (boggles my mind how they did that) and the clear side markers have still not arrived. I guess because of the special lights I have on my car, there are special side markers that are harder to get? .. no eta at the moment even though they are being ordered from Germany.. at least that is what I am told.

One good thing is that Paul has been very nice and really the only part of this experience that has been positive.. Nice guy that really seems to care and is trying to make this right.

I promise a proper update will follow.. after returning from Germany, business was just fully picking up (those taking extra days after new years, had also returned to the office) and I have been busy during the week and the same on the weekend

Things are bound to slow down enough for me to take a moment.

At least I love my job and I certainly don't get bored. Still lots to be thankful for and this too shall pass.
Old 01-23-2014, 01:13 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Questions for you please:

Did you purchase the 7 year platinum extended warranty for $0 down and how much did you pay for it? (pls pm me if you don't want to share publicly) I would love to get a comparison as to what I paid and told that I got a "special" deal.. Mine was over 8k.

Also, has anybody come up with a good solution for the front license plate without drilling holes into the bumper?
Old 01-23-2014, 01:50 AM
DAlex
Advanced

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Skene designs makes a mount that works without drilling the bumper and interfering with the parking sensors.

http://skenedesign.com/FPBracket/index.shtml
Attached Images    
Old 01-23-2014, 01:42 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

Explorer 7, welcome back and thanks for the update. I am sorry to hear of your loss; I hope it all settles down a bit from here on.

It seems that finally you have some one at the dealer who cares (I bet you and the comments on this forum helped get them focused). When your car is at 100%, those bad memories will recede for sure.

As to warranty, is there a need to act now? Most of us wait till closer to the PCNA Warranty to expire before locking in on another. My brother is checking out options right now for his 997, I'll see what he discovers.

On the front plate, I live in FL, no plate needed. But many owners use the mount that screws into the front tow hook receiver. Not sure if it is available for the 991, I'm sure others will chime in with their experience.

Good luck and enjoy!
Old 01-23-2014, 02:17 PM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Explorer7
Questions for you please:

Did you purchase the 7 year platinum extended warranty for $0 down and how much did you pay for it? (pls pm me if you don't want to share publicly) I would love to get a comparison as to what I paid and told that I got a "special" deal.. Mine was over 8k.
Welcome back! It sounds like things are on their way to being resolved, try to remain patient.

Regarding extended warranty - I do not believe that Porsche offers an extended warranty, so you are likely talking about a third-party warranty offered by the dealer. I personally would not buy one of these. You have a good factory warranty on your car for 4 years. I would take the $8000 (or the periodic payments) and set up your own repair/maintenance fund.
Old 01-23-2014, 04:59 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

RIP to your Oma.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:26 PM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for your loss - hope the family is doing okay.

I also wouldn't purchase an extended warranty at this stage and just wait.

On the front plate - take a look at other porsche / cars around here in California and many won't have the front plate. Having said that, when I get a fix-it ticket ($25 maybe) I will come back to this post to find a solution! I like the cleaner look.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Samp4
Racer

I was offered a 72 month/75000 for $3,000 with a 100 deductible. I have a year to buy it and probably will as I intend to keep the car long term. My main reason is that if something large happens like a PDK I don't want top put one of those in a car with that is 6 years old. It seems pretty cheap insurance to me. At $8,000 - probably not. It is supposed to be good to be good at any Porsche dealer but I did not read about it as I could not bear to write a bigger check that day.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:38 PM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,779 Likes on 5,141 Posts

Does anyone know how Explorer7's situation was resolved?

Hope it all turned out well and that she's out driving her car.

Quick Reply: My 911 C4S Arrived