Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last post sorry

If you go to the store look at some inventory to compare
Old 12-10-2013, 01:01 AM
mdkrp
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
So happy for you- I hope you get the paint and trim issues totally resolved and then fully enjoy your awesome new ride.
You have a phenomenal build and I know you will love driving it.
My son is 9 and knows just about as much about my car as I do. Loves going on drives with me (although he is stuck in the back seat for now).
Old 12-10-2013, 01:11 AM
CaliforniaZombie
Instructor

Originally Posted by Explorer7
I know.. its a little downside.. but with all the trouble I had before that, with this dealership and the sale person, this is peanuts in comparison
I think being a woman and without company, really hurt my chances to be dealt with fairly in this deal.. but I have to take some credit/blame for this by not joining rennlist earlier and really educating myself. Many of the things would not have happened to me.. He smelled blood when he had a single female in front of him ready to buy a car outright.
But at this point, I will not let them win over and ruin the enjoyment this stunning car is giving me
Gees your car damage was definitely unfortunate, and from those pictures, the dealer needs to repair all of it - and perfectly. Don't accept anything less. But your description of how you were treated at the dealership - now that really upsets me. A**holes that behave like that certainly don't deserve a penny of your business, let alone for a car that you're paying probably $135 to $150k for. For your next car, I hope you'll take your business to another dealership - one that will treat you with respect.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:15 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by mb97tts
Great option list

Since my last Porsche was a Cayenne TTS I don't know how the fit and finish on the new 991's

But I would have the trim pieces looked at for piece of mind

I am in the car biz and would not have a problem having a customer be concerned with that and the paint blemishes

remember the warranty covers it and the dealer gets paid if those trim pieces need to be replaced

Another dealer could address that as well

Don't settle if your not happy

You have a beautiful car that is for sure
Thank you, my experience with the dealership has not been so good, and to be honest, I just want to put the entire unpleasant business behind me. Also, I don't know, how much longer I want to wait for the car. I did email them the pictures and they will have a look at it when I bring it back to have the aluminum panel fixed (the wave on top of the window.. I also, asked them if this was what the other cars looked like. I don't want to accuse them and only to find out that this is what the aluminum panels look like. I mentioned if I could have a look at other cars on the lot to compare and see the same thing.

The pieces not lining up could be installation related

You are not being picky

I have customers freak over way less!!!

Bring it back in

If there is a problem ask for the GM and just ask him/her to look at it

For that much $$$ you should be completely satisfied
Well, the GM has been little help.. even when I picked it up. I immediately went to him, wanting and or hoping for him to give a way of apology or something.. he did shake my hand, to say hello, then went away and never returned. Instead the sales person James, came up to show me the car, explain the workings of it and sign the paperwork.
So GM is a bust here

Last post sorry

If you go to the store look at some inventory to compare
Yep, I want to do that when I come by.. if they all look like that, no problem.. I would just like to see it in person. I don't know, its just something that I noticed.

Originally Posted by mdkrp
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!
So happy for you- I hope you get the paint and trim issues totally resolved and then fully enjoy your awesome new ride.
You have a phenomenal build and I know you will love driving it.
My son is 9 and knows just about as much about my car as I do. Loves going on drives with me (although he is stuck in the back seat for now).
Thank you.. My son is a little to large for the backseat.. but he definitely loves the car and I think appreciates the build and beauty of it.

Originally Posted by CaliforniaZombie
Gees your car damage was definitely unfortunate, and from those pictures, the dealer needs to repair all of it - and perfectly. Don't accept anything less. But your description of how you were treated at the dealership - now that really upsets me. A**holes that behave like that certainly don't deserve a penny of your business, let alone for a car that you're paying probably $135 to $150k for. For your next car, I hope you'll take your business to another dealership - one that will treat you with respect.
I don't know.. if the panel is a normal thing and the other two things on the paint, could be just a quick buffer job.. I want it checked out and corrected of course.. of course, the next time I buy a car, it will never be at this place.. ever.. worst service imaginable.. I wish I would have yelped this place. Because the reviews ring very true to my own experience. At this point though, I want to move on and start enjoying my car, as much as they have taken away from the experience.. I was pretty sad to see there is more.. and just hope that this is a quick fix. I am not having them ruin the fun part And I do, love love love that car.. Driving it, and testing how it handles, and how quickly it speeds up. I have never driven anything like it.
Well, a few more weeks and the only posts of mine you will see, are pictures of it and general questions to educate myself.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:35 AM
lbahoshy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations! Nice colour combo
Old 12-10-2013, 02:50 AM
Holli82
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 23 Posts

Enjoy!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:24 AM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

They should fix that alu trim for you ! Your car is just too gorgeous for that crappy workmanship !
Old 12-10-2013, 09:37 AM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

EX-7, as many have said, and I'll echo......congrats on your beautiful new C4S, and......stay on the dealer and PCNA to make it right!

The trim issues are unacceptable and can/should be repaired 100% so that no one can tell that they are bent or mis-aligned. As to the paint issues, it's hard to tell where and how significant they are. But if you notice them and they bug you, get them dealt with as well. Someone suggested that you have the paint dealt with by a top tier body shop. I agree completely. The "scratch and shine" guys at a typical store are just not motivated to take the time and care to do it to your standards. Get it done right, the first time.

As others have requested, please share some more pics of your fabulous build. The lights, stitching, wheels, etc., really set your car apart.

Good luck, keep us posted, and welcome to the "madness"!
Old 12-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Bacura
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I think you may have missed the boat on this one. You paid for it. That's unfortunate. With all those defects you should never have driven it off the dealership or paid them. Sorry for being negative but a fix is not as good as a good factory finish.
Old 12-10-2013, 10:27 AM
CamsPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 544 Likes on 235 Posts

Coolest mom of the year award goes to...!

Congrats and have a Merry Christmas!
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3
EX-7, as many have said, and I'll echo......congrats on your beautiful new C4S, and......stay on the dealer and PCNA to make it right!

The trim issues are unacceptable and can/should be repaired 100% so that no one can tell that they are bent or mis-aligned. As to the paint issues, it's hard to tell where and how significant they are. But if you notice them and they bug you, get them dealt with as well. Someone suggested that you have the paint dealt with by a top tier body shop. I agree completely. The "scratch and shine" guys at a typical store are just not motivated to take the time and care to do it to your standards. Get it done right, the first time.

As others have requested, please share some more pics of your fabulous build. The lights, stitching, wheels, etc., really set your car apart.

Good luck, keep us posted, and welcome to the "madness"!
Agree 100%,

Explorer 7, from one of your first pictures seems like they left residue from buffing, or glue from the shipping protective film. The next one looks like burn pad. Take it to a detailer, have an estimate done and ask the dealership to cover the cost, but I would not go back to the dealer to do it there. Also take your pictures and contact Porsche directly, I had a recall on my car and they were really good. The good news is that Agathe Gray is a great color to work with.

You are 100% right and correct to required a 100% perfect car, you paid for perfection!

You should also consider putting protective film, clear bra, ont the front of the car, you will not regret it.

Again, congratulations on your new car, sincerely hope all these details get resolved and you get to enjoy driving your car, which is what is all about.

Cheers
Old 12-10-2013, 01:38 PM
CaliforniaZombie
Instructor

I also, asked them if this was what the other cars looked like. I don't want to accuse them and only to find out that this is what the aluminum panels look like. I mentioned if I could have a look at other cars on the lot to compare and see the same thing.
The aluminum trim definitely should not look like the ones you showed in your pics. Nor should the paint.

I don't know.. if the panel is a normal thing and the other two things on the paint, could be just a quick buffer job.. I want it checked out and corrected of course.. of course, the next time I buy a car, it will never be at this place.. ever.. worst service imaginable.. I wish I would have yelped this place. Because the reviews ring very true to my own experience. At this point though, I want to move on and start enjoying my car, as much as they have taken away from the experience.. I was pretty sad to see there is more.. and just hope that this is a quick fix. I am not having them ruin the fun part And I do, love love love that car.. Driving it, and testing how it handles, and how quickly it speeds up. I have never driven anything like it.
Well, a few more weeks and the only posts of mine you will see, are pictures of it and general questions to educate myself.
You seem to have a pretty awesome attitude about all of this - that's terrific. Yes, have the dealer take care of all of the damage and then drive off and enjoy that gorgeous ride
Old 12-10-2013, 01:45 PM
sid_vicious
Instructor

Awesome car!

You should definitely insist they fix the issues and even consider calling PCNA. Most times they are responsive, and like others have said at this price point you should expect nothing less.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:24 PM
handful
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Beautiful car.....it's a shame that what should have been a picture perfect day was somewhat tainted. I trust you will be able to have all the issues resolved to your satisfaction. Keep us apprised.

Quick Reply: My 911 C4S Arrived