Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 911 C4S Arrived

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2013, 05:56 PM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

EX-7, how did it go today at the dealer? Did they agree on the numerous trim/fit issues, the horrible prep, and total lack of a decent wash much less professional detail?

What are they agreeing to, and in writing? Also, did PCNA get with you? I hope so because this is more than just a little disappointment on final prep.

Hopefully, by now it is well underway to a great and happy resolution and your "fun" meter will soon be pegged!
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 PM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Explorer7
Question:
On the back wheel fender, my car has a clear vinyl cover. I did not order and or pay for that.
I asked James about that in an email last night and he replied today that this came standard with the 911s.

Now, I have to get this removed now and replaced with quality Xpel vinyl with the body shop that is applying my clear bra.
I am not keen on Rector having installed it because, I do not like the material they use. (I noticed on their lot, many of the cars that have it and already show signs of yellowing and these are new cars for purchase)

:
That is the Stone Guard, every 911 has it, do not take it out! It will take a while for yours to yellow. These protect the rear fender from road grime spilled by the from tires.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Explorer7
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3
EX-7, how did it go today at the dealer? Did they agree on the numerous trim/fit issues, the horrible prep, and total lack of a decent wash much less professional detail?

What are they agreeing to, and in writing? Also, did PCNA get with you? I hope so because this is more than just a little disappointment on final prep.

Hopefully, by now it is well underway to a great and happy resolution and your "fun" meter will soon be pegged!
I think it went really well. I was greeted by a new person and assured that going forward, I would be dealing with him. He was patient as I rambled on describing just how bad the service has been and promised that everything would be better going forward. I still have to send him a long email describing it all (no fun) and listing all the issues, but for now, he has my car, I have a loaner and I will get updates.
They are fist addressing the aluminum trim and the distorted rubber. Last night, I took a lot more pictures of the car, with a flash and recording everything that I noticed while its been hostage in my garage. A lot more things came to light and I ended up creating a photo album online for him to view.

This car was just clean on the surface.. but boy, did I find filthy dirty areas. I have no idea where its been, but not protected and cuddled inside somewhere
Ill update you guys as we make progress.. but I am feeling more confident than ever before, that this will truly be taken care of.

Originally Posted by Augustomf
That is the Stone Guard, every 911 has it, do not take it out! It will take a while for yours to yellow. These protect the rear fender from road grime spilled by the from tires.
Thanks.. thats good to know.. Well keep it on and when I get the clear bra installed, it will be the full front only. I am not a huge fan of how it looks but protection is very important

Here the link to the photo album of the pics I took last night. (And remember, this car has been in my garage since I drove it home on Saturday)

https://plus.google.com/photos/10299...CPTXmsL34sviAw

Again, remember, its flash photography just so the defects show up better.. The car still looks beautiful from afar in normal daylight
Old 12-12-2013, 10:31 PM
fastmd
Burning Brakes

Received 281 Likes on 102 Posts

Wow, when you look at those photos it looks like a 5 year old did the prep.

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2013, 10:42 PM
AMGsound
Instructor

Awesome ride. What option are those wheels? Simply "painted black" or its a special option to have the metal lip?
Old 12-12-2013, 10:50 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by AMGsound
What option are those wheels? Simply "painted black" or its a special option to have the metal lip?
That's how Porsche does them. Very nice work.
Old 12-12-2013, 11:47 PM
Dyim
Drifting

Received 1,032 Likes on 553 Posts

It looks like the car was not detailed properly when you picked it up.

When I picked mine up, the car was in the dealer's garage with overhead fluorescent lights for me to inspect it. Any flaws during detailing was quite obvious under those conditions.

As far as mileage during pick up, I think most cars at my dealer has 20+km on the odometer, which translates to 12+ miles.

I don't think you are far off when you say they could have taken advantage of you because you are female. But they would have never guessed that you now have the backing of all the guys on Rennlist!

They are probably reading this right now and realized they f#%^ed up!
Old 12-13-2013, 12:16 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by fastmd
Wow, when you look at those photos it looks like a 5 year old did the prep.

Good luck!
lol that or a blind man.. Looks good from a far away.. just don't look in the cracks and under the hood.. not to mention the window trim.. there are parts where the rubber looks like someone tried to break in.

I don't get what they must have been thinking? How stupid did they think I am? Its so bad, that its almost funny

Originally Posted by AMGsound
Awesome ride. What option are those wheels? Simply "painted black" or its a special option to have the metal lip?
Thanks.. I love those wheels.. I am super happy with my built.. there are only a few things I would have changed in hindsight. But not many.

Originally Posted by Dyim
It looks like the car was not detailed properly when you picked it up.

When I picked mine up, the car was in the dealer's garage with overhead fluorescent lights for me to inspect it. Any flaws during detailing was quite obvious under those conditions.

As far as mileage during pick up, I think most cars at my dealer has 20+km on the odometer, which translates to 12+ miles.

I don't think you are far off when you say they could have taken advantage of you because you are female. But they would have never guessed that you now have the backing of all the guys on Rennlist!

They are probably reading this right now and realized they f#%^ed up!
Now that sounds perfect and if my body shop guy does something similar, I will certainly have a lot more confidence. Any tips for me when I pick my car up on what I can bring along? Is there a hand held version I can scan the car with to inspect?

I am glad I posted here.. but it was not easy.. embarrassing as hell. I am a very independent woman and this whole thing instead of better, got worse and worse.. Aside from people not believing me at the beginning, which I totally get.. it all sounded wrong lol just imagine how I felt. (Like I was in the wrong Movie)

I kept thinking that it would get better, but these two heroes managed to screw every little step up. Craig completely incompetent in his function as a manager, and James.. pretty clueless. I was able to debunk so many statement he made simply by reading up on Rennlist. I think I know more about my car than he does.

When I picked it up on Saturday he told me about the license plate and how he has a solution for me. Suggestion the license plate that screws into the tow hook. I actually had to tell him that this would probably not work for my model because of the motion sensors.. and he did not believe me. I told him, I would love for that to work, can you check on that for me.

Of course I was right.. but, I knew that from here. That is just one of the many things James said that were completely false.

I am very glad that I have found support here. This has helped me tremendously dealing with all of this.

I am 100% certain that I was not taken seriously and all this happened because I am female. Lol next time I do this, I will bring a guy along ..
Old 12-13-2013, 12:55 AM
Hammer911
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Your dealer is the one who is red-faced here! I have an excellent relationship with my dealer, and I know they pay attention to fora like this. In addition to having a candid conversation with the owner of the dealership, make sure you very diligently complete the survey you will receive from Porsche. These surveys are taken very seriously, and the dealer will certainly hear about your dis-satisfaction with many aspects of your new car delivery. You handled this very well and in a very mature manner - in a circumstance where it would be very easy to become emotional and irrational. (I suppose you could offer to exhibit that behavior in their showroom if that's what they understand better!)

I am glad you have found the community on this forum to be very helpful and supportive. I know we traded some comments when you posted inquiring about car care products...don't be afraid to come back with more questions when you begin that part of the journey.

...and no need to take a guy along next time...just ask to speak to the GM on your way into the dealership, and clearly outline your expectations regarding honesty, attention, responsiveness, and customer service. Tell them you have lots of hardcore Porsche people for friends (which you now do!) and you would prefer to work with their most knowledgeable service people going forward. You'll know right away whether to walk right back out and find another dealership or not.
In fact, I think you should do that very thing next time you go to see, and hopefully pick up, your new car.

In my opinion, women have all the power in the world, and on top of that you drive a brand new 991 C4S. If those guys don't know who is in charge here, they better figure it out soon!
Old 12-13-2013, 01:41 AM
lbahoshy
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, I looked at your pictures. Seriously? There is no way that car came from the factory like that. I just don't know what to say about all those scuff marks on the body and the roof. This is not acceptable for not only a car of this level but even for any new car. Do you have any idea how long the car was sitting on the lot before you purchased it?

Please keep us informed. Hopefully they can polish the blemishes out perfectly.

There is a certain type of flash light that my detailer uses that shows paint blemishes easily. I think it is an LED light or something like that. Now that you have taken note of all the blemishes, get one of those lights and don't accept the car unless it has been perfectly prepped and polished.

Best of luck!
Old 12-13-2013, 09:22 AM
SFZ GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 157 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Hammer911
You have nothing to be embarrassed about. Your dealer is the one who is red-faced here! I have an excellent relationship with my dealer, and I know they pay attention to fora like this. In addition to having a candid conversation with the owner of the dealership, make sure you very diligently complete the survey you will receive from Porsche. These surveys are taken very seriously, and the dealer will certainly hear about your dis-satisfaction with many aspects of your new car delivery. You handled this very well and in a very mature manner - in a circumstance where it would be very easy to become emotional and irrational. (I suppose you could offer to exhibit that behavior in their showroom if that's what they understand better!)

I am glad you have found the community on this forum to be very helpful and supportive. I know we traded some comments when you posted inquiring about car care products...don't be afraid to come back with more questions when you begin that part of the journey.

...and no need to take a guy along next time...just ask to speak to the GM on your way into the dealership, and clearly outline your expectations regarding honesty, attention, responsiveness, and customer service. Tell them you have lots of hardcore Porsche people for friends (which you now do!) and you would prefer to work with their most knowledgeable service people going forward. You'll know right away whether to walk right back out and find another dealership or not.
In fact, I think you should do that very thing next time you go to see, and hopefully pick up, your new car.

In my opinion, women have all the power in the world, and on top of that you drive a brand new 991 C4S. If those guys don't know who is in charge here, they better figure it out soon!
This is exactly how to understand this and deal with a similar (hopefully never) situation in the future. You are not alone, no apologies needed on any front, and as the consumer with $$ and online access, you have the ultimate power. With friends and support on forums like this, that is icing in the cake.

Good luck, send lots of "after" pics!
Old 12-13-2013, 11:10 PM
9114s
Intermediate

Explorer 7, your car is beautiful, I have also 991 C4S and yesterday I replaced the "AS FLASHER LAMP", maybe something for you to consider (it is CA legal as the light inside is orange). I took some pictures in my garage tonight and compare with previous one. it is $56 ($28x2) for both side and the Fremont dealer installed it for free (very easy).. I think it will look very good on your car also.
Attached Images  
Old 12-14-2013, 02:22 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Originally Posted by Hammer911

I am going to be totally sappy here again, but .. That’s so nice! I seriously appreciate these posts so much. Because of you guys, this whole thing has become so much easier to deal with. The support and all the info I have been getting on this forum, is invaluable.
That survey will be very detailed and honest. Only drawback is, I don’t have that much time. I did not even have that much time for all this bs with the dealership and the countless of emails. That’s why that car is paid in full.

To top it all off, now, I have to take the time to write an accurate report of all the stuff that happened to Paul, my new contact at Rector. He, as I am told, has no history of what has happened. Just assured me that he is here to fix everything and I will never have to deal with those two clowns (my words) again.
But to be honest, its holiday season. I have not even decorated the Christmas tree that is sitting in my hallway, I have barley bought any gifts, forget about the gifts for my family in Germany, I am so far behind. And Christmas is my absolute hands down favorite season. This is a first for me in all those years.
Christmas is way too close and nothing is done. My time spend / wasted on a car I am not even driving.. and paying insurance for.
Did I mention that the satellite radio was already activated ? Is that normal? I never opened the account/activated it. How long has it been active. (as in how far am I in to the 3 month trial?)

Fun thing now, is though, every time I drive on 280 or 101 I spot a Porsche and I wonder, is a member in there .. I spotted 3 on the worst commute home yet (2.5 hrs to get home) I was in the Rector company loaner (Panamera)
It pales in comparison though to my baby

Originally Posted by lbahoshy
Wow, I looked at your pictures. Seriously? There is no way that car came from the factory like that. I just don't know what to say about all those scuff marks on the body and the roof. This is not acceptable for not only a car of this level but even for any new car. Do you have any idea how long the car was sitting on the lot before you purchased it?

Please keep us informed. Hopefully they can polish the blemishes out perfectly.

There is a certain type of flash light that my detailer uses that shows paint blemishes easily. I think it is an LED light or something like that. Now that you have taken note of all the blemishes, get one of those lights and don't accept the car unless it has been perfectly prepped and polished.

Best of luck!
Yep.. I swear, I only parked on day 1 .. I noticed too much to drive it and end up being blamed for it. Good thing is I have the electronic logbook and I have literal proof that the vehicle did not move since Saturday afternoon until I drove it there Thursday am for repair. I am getting the LED light so I can check the car out when its returned. (I have not been given a eta) When I get it back, I will not accept any swirl marks I promise.

Originally Posted by SFZ GT3
This is exactly how to understand this and deal with a similar (hopefully never) situation in the future. You are not alone, no apologies needed on any front, and as the consumer with $$ and online access, you have the ultimate power. With friends and support on forums like this, that is icing in the cake.

Good luck, send lots of "after" pics!
Thanks…. I will keep the updates coming.. how much the online community weights to regards the dealership?.. I don’t think much. Sadly, because when I mentioned it to James and Craig, they could have cared less.. (a while ago) I don’t think these two cared about anything I said and or threatened with. They did not take me serious in any way shape or form. I paid in full and that was that. Biggest mistake I made. Class level wise, these two are the bottom as far as I am concerned, they should be working at some small lot selling used cars for 1k.
Lol ok.. venting does have some therapeutic effect.

Originally Posted by 9114s
Explorer 7, your car is beautiful, I have also 991 C4S and yesterday I replaced the "AS FLASHER LAMP", maybe something for you to consider (it is CA legal as the light inside is orange). I took some pictures in my garage tonight and compare with previous one. it is $56 ($28x2) for both side and the Fremont dealer installed it for free (very easy).. I think it will look very good on your car also.
Thanks a lot.. I agree with you and yours is the color I almost went with.
Its funny you mentioned those flashers.. that’s one of the first things I pointed out to James.. I told him they must go. In the online built they were not there, and I did not want them on my vehicle. So I am actually getting them replaced. While they are fixing everything else.. I hate the orange version. Clear is much, much better. I did not know there might be a law around it, but glad to hear I am not breaking any rules by having the lights I want.
I see you are around my area.. maybe we will spot each other on the freeway
Old 01-16-2014, 02:32 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,410 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Explorer, how did everything work out?
Old 01-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Dalema
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Hi there. I'm also in the Bay Area - did you post in another thread your buying experience you allude to above? Would be interested in that and the dealer for future reference. Thanks.

Good luck getting this resolved - unacceptable. Sorry it has tainted the experience.

Quick Reply: My 911 C4S Arrived