Sponsored by:

Saw my first C7 today

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2013, 02:57 PM
JohnnyBahamas
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by extanker
bottom line...i own a porsche AND I WILL NOT LINE UP AGAINST A C4/C5/C6/C7 THEY WILL BLOW MY DOORS OFF. you elton john type porsche race car posers know it too. get used to the rear of a vette its what you have been looking at for years
Incongruent. Your actions are out of harmony with your words.

Logic -

You own a Porsche but at the same time you recognize that a C4/C5/C6 will "...blow my doors off...."

Therefore, when it came time for YOU to choose between the two, and the choice was there as at least one of the C4/C5/C6 were available for you to purchase instead of your Porsche, you didn't choose a "blow your doors off" C4/C5/C6 ...you chose a Porsche.

Point, "blow your doors off" is not an attribute that you value more highly than the attributes of your Porsche.

So the question legitimately arises, why do you post pejoratives toward other purchasers who have made EXACTLY the same purchase decision you've made?

If I didn't know better I would have to conclude that you have negative opinions of other Porsche owners simply for being Porsche owners like yourself.

Have issues much?

'

Last edited by JohnnyBahamas; 11-30-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 11-30-2013, 03:34 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 886 Posts

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
Anyway, in a strange turn of events, I couldn't go through with the lease transfer - PFS won't take your name off the lease, which means that the other person has to keep it registered in both your names. I was too uncomfortable with that liability so ended up keeping the 991 and selling the C7 while it was still hot. (and it was still hot - I sold it for MSRP, at a loss, but not that bad.)
Great review. Informed perspectives like that are rare!
Old 11-30-2013, 04:02 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 57 Likes on 39 Posts

Only thing hot here is JohnnyBahamas avatar.
Old 11-30-2013, 04:37 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JohnnyBahamas
Incongruent. Your actions are out of harmony with your words.

Logic -

You own a Porsche but at the same time you recognize that a C4/C5/C6 will "...blow my doors off...."

Therefore, when it came time for YOU to choose between the two, and the choice was there as at least one of the C4/C5/C6 were available for you to purchase instead of your Porsche, you didn't choose a "blow your doors off" C4/C5/C6 ...you chose a Porsche.

Point, "blow your doors off" is not an attribute that you value more highly than the attributes of your Porsche.

So the question legitimately arises, why do you post pejoratives toward other purchasers who have made EXACTLY the same purchase decision you've made?

If I didn't know better I would have to conclude that you have negative opinions of other Porsche owners simply for being Porsche owners like yourself.

Have issues much?

'
No brother. There be trolls in these waters. It was not a real comment.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:00 PM
bccars
Three Wheelin'

Received 41 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Indeed ! Sexy avatar !
Old 11-30-2013, 05:35 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
+911
Old 11-30-2013, 05:56 PM
GSIRM3
Drifting

Received 64 Likes on 39 Posts

Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ...
Old 11-30-2013, 08:29 PM
chuck911
Race Car

my friends all drive Porsches I must make amends...
Old 11-30-2013, 08:54 PM
holminator
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I don't have any friends.

Old 11-30-2013, 09:39 PM
kitwetzler
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by CaliforniaZombie
Yes - thank you Doc, it was an interesting read no doubt. However, along with Chuck it seems, I also remain unconvinced GM as a corporation is trying to get better at automobiles. .

Huh, interesting. I totally disagree. I have never considered a corvette before and it is VERY clear they listened to buyers on the C7. My C7 had a beautiful leather stitched interior, but even the base cars have a stitched vinyl finish that, if not for the slightly crooked seams, looks nicer than the plastics in the basic 991. It's VERY clear that they put a lot of thought into the seats, although possibly again, missing some of the details to hit a price point HALF of a 991.

I think that we have to keep in mind that they need to make the car appeal to people who've already bought and loved a corvette, as well as new buyers, which they have done. The car is beautiful and has a lot of great features - the magnetic dampers are clearly awesome and hugely more effective than the variable damping bilstein shocks the 991 gets.

Anyway, I think that a lot of effort has been put into the car. I think they have clearly listened to a lot of people. YES they missed a bunch of details, but it's a HUGE step forward from the C6. And that motor... that motor is glorious.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:50 PM
handful
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Interesting....I thought the quality of the leather in the C7 was on the cheap side and no where near the quality of the 991. Furthermore the quality of the materials, while a distinct improvment over the C6, was not in keeping with a car that cost +/- $70,000. Nevertheless, I would say the C7 is a huge step forward.
Old 11-30-2013, 11:19 PM
Drifting
Rennlist Member

Received 1,308 Likes on 686 Posts

I think it should be acknowledged that Chevy made a great leap forward with the C7, and that I do believe that they brought in fairly talented people to improve the steering, handling dynamics, engine, and the interior particularly the seats.

However, unfortunately they did not make the same effort in updating their manufacturing process, and until that happens, a 911 be worth every penny of the extra $33,000 that you pay over the cost of the C7.

That's not even bringing up the fact that some 14yr old kid designed the rear end of the C7, and that the 911 is still more involving to drive at any speed.

Last edited by Drifting; 12-01-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: .
Old 12-01-2013, 12:46 AM
yemenmocha
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kitwetzler
Huh, interesting. I totally disagree. I have never considered a corvette before and it is VERY clear they listened to buyers on the C7. My C7 had a beautiful leather stitched interior, but even the base cars have a stitched vinyl finish that, if not for the slightly crooked seams, looks nicer than the plastics in the basic 991. It's VERY clear that they put a lot of thought into the seats, although possibly again, missing some of the details to hit a price point HALF of a 991.

I think that we have to keep in mind that they need to make the car appeal to people who've already bought and loved a corvette, as well as new buyers, which they have done. The car is beautiful and has a lot of great features - the magnetic dampers are clearly awesome and hugely more effective than the variable damping bilstein shocks the 991 gets.

Anyway, I think that a lot of effort has been put into the car. I think they have clearly listened to a lot of people. YES they missed a bunch of details, but it's a HUGE step forward from the C6. And that motor... that motor is glorious.

I've seen too many Corvette videos to recall which one it was, but in one of them they discussed how they went to the same people who source the seats for Porsche (Lear?).
Old 12-01-2013, 01:28 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by yemenmocha

I've seen too many Corvette videos to recall which one it was, but in one of them they discussed how they went to the same people who source the seats for Porsche (Lear?).
Old 12-01-2013, 03:21 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Could've sworn I saw 991 seat frame construction somewhere once but I searched a while and can't turn it up. Would sure be nice for comparison. Kos?

Quick Reply: Saw my first C7 today