Sponsored by:

Why don't women buy 911?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 07:31 PM
rocklegend
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why don't women buy 911?

Any reasons for women not buying one? Girls like to go fast just like men.
Old 10-12-2013, 07:35 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,406 Likes on 2,513 Posts

Suzy and Explorer in 3....2.....1.......!
Old 10-12-2013, 07:38 PM
rocklegend
Advanced

It's a very select few and even fewer on car forums. Suzy and explorer are quite the exceptions.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
Suzy and Explorer in 3....2.....1.......!
LOL!!! Hahaha. Took a little longer

I think that it is because there are nit so many female petrolheads. There are lots of girls/women that like cars in one way or another, but probably not enough to actually buy cars like that. Most female friends of mine don't get it why I like cars so much.... But I can't help it. i think I'm just born that way

Suzy991
Old 10-12-2013, 11:46 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 123 Posts

Aye Chihuahua...

Where's Freud when you need him...
Old 10-12-2013, 11:46 PM
BradB
Drifting

Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts

My wife is a big time car girl. That's how we met!
Old 10-13-2013, 12:03 AM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by duxsi
Aye Chihuahua...
Old 10-13-2013, 12:04 AM
rglbegl
Racer

My first date with my wife I showed up at her house and she was doing an engine swap on her car. I grabbed some tools, and that is how our first date went, Pizza and soda, grease and oil.

It is true that many women like cars, but few are true piston-heads. There is one problem with having a wife who loves cars; Every time I buy a new car, I lose it to her. I just bought my latest Porsche a couple weeks ago. I drove it home, we went out to dinner and I drove, I haven't seen the keys since. Even the kids have designated it as 'mommies car'
Old 10-13-2013, 01:36 AM
Explorer7
Instructor

Like Lexvan and Rocklegend say ,Suzy is the only other female I have noticed besides myself. Although her knowledge far, far surpasses mine, when it comes to these beautiful cars. I just ordered my first.. After a long, long love for Porsche. To be able to own one is a true privilege for me. I can't wait for mine to arrive. I love to drive.. Always felt best driving a good car thru beautiful countryside and great music. Combining my three favorite things in the world into one.
Joining the forum is a little daunting as I already found out and I am not surprised that you don't have a larger female membership. But there are a lot of great guys here and it's those members that made me want to stay and actually become a paid member.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:06 AM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Not an accurate stereotype, at least not this day and age, and in this area. There are a lot of women driving 911s in and around Los Angeles. The 997 I had was actually my wife's.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:25 AM
Augustomf
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I see many driving 911, and must say that apologies are in place for explorer7 that many, including me, doubted.

I must say though that many drive, but in my wife's case for example, she just does not care about cars other then driving them. This forum is made up of people that drive and care about cars, not just care to drive them, does that make sense?
Old 10-13-2013, 02:37 AM
neanicu
Nordschleife Master

Received 359 Likes on 216 Posts

What's with your thread starting pattern rocklegend?
Every time I see chick magnets and 911s to pick up women IT'S YOU...
Old 10-13-2013, 03:42 AM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Every time I see a 911 I look over expecting to see a guy behind the wheel. Its surprising how often it turns out to be a woman. I'm always left wondering, does it belong to her husband, or boyfriend, or did she buy it for herself? Of all the performance cars in the world it seems to me that Porsche would be the least intimidating (or most welcoming). In everything from body style (less angular, fewer aggressive features) to interiors (much more carefully thought out, much more sophisticated appeal, much less techy/racy looking) to even things like a factory located in a bucolic country setting with wild ponies running free, Porsche just seems much more female friendly- at least to me. Maybe Suzy and Explorer can chime in here and tell me how completely off the mark I am. Or am I?

I mean, come on, tell me this doesn't appeal to women??
Old 10-13-2013, 06:59 AM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chuck911
Every time I see a 911 I look over expecting to see a guy behind the wheel. Its surprising how often it turns out to be a woman. I'm always left wondering, does it belong to her husband, or boyfriend, or did she buy it for herself? Of all the performance cars in the world it seems to me that Porsche would be the least intimidating (or most welcoming). In everything from body style (less angular, fewer aggressive features) to interiors (much more carefully thought out, much more sophisticated appeal, much less techy/racy looking) to even things like a factory located in a bucolic country setting with wild ponies running free, Porsche just seems much more female friendly- at least to me. Maybe Suzy and Explorer can chime in here and tell me how completely off the mark I am.
Or am I? I

mean, come on, tell me this doesn't appeal to women??
Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuXOg5QHrbI
I don't think you're far off the mark A Porsche does look more friendly than other sportscars, which mostly look more agressive.
Here in Switzerland and especially in the Zürich area, which has one of the highest concentration of Porsches in the world, I see more women than men driving 911s.
But one thing for sure. That doesn't mean they are car enthusiasts. Mostly, those cars belong to their husbands and the wifes are just driving it because the husband is at work. How do I know that? By the way they drive and park those cars. Careless.... They don't care about the whole car.
A true car enthusiast, no matter if it's a female or a male, handles the car with more care. You really can tell the difference if you look at it.

True female petrolheads are pretty rare I think. And even then, the step to take part in a forum, mostly runned by men, is a step most women wouldn't make that fast I think. I'm used to work with mainly men and I don't care if people make certain comments about women or whatever. I'm used to that, so I take that with a smile. However, I can very well understand that other females don't feel right at home in a forum like this.

Explorer7 and me are the only girls here as far as I know, so that says it all I guess. Only the strongest women can survive here... LOL!

Regarding that movie... Yes it does look nice, but more because of the cars than the country setting. I can see that every day

Suzy991
Old 10-13-2013, 07:08 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 455 Likes on 294 Posts

Originally Posted by rocklegend
Any reasons for women not buying one? Girls like to go fast just like men.
Between making dinner, dusting, and doing the laundry, when would they have time to car-shop???

Quick Reply: Why don't women buy 911?