Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991 50th anniversary model

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 03:21 PM
A430v
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This 50th Anniversary model @ $124k really is a bargain if the pricing by PCNA isn't off. If you option out a C2S with the Powerkit, PSE, PTV, Sport Chrono, etc., you're looking at over $135k+. As it is, you're getting a lot for $124k plus the added incentive of it being limited to commemorate the 50th birthday of the 911.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:49 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 723 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by Buddhamonk
If you keep hinting at selling your GT3 and getting the 50th we might have to talk...
I'm torn. I love it while I'm driving it but sometimes wonder if it's a bit too focused for my use of it.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:54 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Quick question about deposit. This is my first time dealing with Porsche and having a deposit for an allocation. How much "paperwork" do you guys expect when putting a deposit.

In Portland, I put down $1000. Just have a credit card receipt (the kinds you get at the restaurant) and the dealer wrote on it by hand "50th edition allocation". Basically told me there's no formal paperwork and that deposits for allocations are "hand shake" deals. Told me it's refundable verbally.

In Bend, I put down $2500. The dealer emailed me a purschase order form filled out specifying it is for an allocation of 50th ed or GT3. The purchase order is used typically for deposit on orders so it says in big letters "this is not refundable". I since asked my dealer to add in writing that this is a refundable deposit but haven't heard back yet.

Anyway, how do you guys deal with it. Do you ask everything to be in writing and signed. Do you do the "hand shake deal"? Any bad experience like ones I've heard people have at honda/toyota dealerships where the deposit just disappears.

Am I just paranoid and should have nothing to worry about when dealing with Porsche dealerships?
Sunset will refund your deposit. At one time I had a deposit with them for a RS4 allocation spot but bought something else instead and they refunded me the deposit with no problems at all. About a year later I bought a RS4 from them anyway.

IIRC a deposit by law is fully refundable but what weight does that have if a dealer doesn't follow the law. Not really worth suing them over $1K.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:01 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Quick question about deposit. This is my first time dealing with Porsche and having a deposit for an allocation. How much "paperwork" do you guys expect when putting a deposit.

In Portland, I put down $1000. Just have a credit card receipt (the kinds you get at the restaurant) and the dealer wrote on it by hand "50th edition allocation". Basically told me there's no formal paperwork and that deposits for allocations are "hand shake" deals. Told me it's refundable verbally.

In Bend, I put down $2500. The dealer emailed me a purschase order form filled out specifying it is for an allocation of 50th ed or GT3. The purchase order is used typically for deposit on orders so it says in big letters "this is not refundable". I since asked my dealer to add in writing that this is a refundable deposit but haven't heard back yet.

Anyway, how do you guys deal with it. Do you ask everything to be in writing and signed. Do you do the "hand shake deal"? Any bad experience like ones I've heard people have at honda/toyota dealerships where the deposit just disappears.

Am I just paranoid and should have nothing to worry about when dealing with Porsche dealerships?
I had to put down a $10,000 deposit and sign a 4-page document with my finalised spec.

It is contractually non-refundable unless there is a price change (yup, I'm not guaranteed my quoted price), in which case I have the option to either accept the increased price or cancel with a full refund.

Apparently standard for Porsche South Africa. On the other hand, when I bought my M3 Cab, I ordered via email, no deposit, collected my car and paid via EFT a few days later! (Admittedly, the BMW dealership had sold me several cars over the years and knew me)
Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 319 Likes on 193 Posts

Originally Posted by Quadcammer
124k for a ho hum 911 without any options?

lol, no thanks
What planet are you on?
Old 06-07-2013, 04:18 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Sure sounds like you are paranoid. You "deal with it" by leaving a deposit at one dealership (unless you are planning to buy two cars). The whole point of the process is a showing of commitment that you intend to follow through with a purchase. Problems arise when people leave deposits for items they have no intention of buying.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:21 PM
tcbrown
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my build in yesterday. I initially put SPASM in the build but took it out as I was concerned about right height and it wasn't clear that the ride height adjustable front suspension was available yet on this model. The stock build at least comes 10MM lower than a normal C2S.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Randy M
Drifting

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Sure sounds like you are paranoid. You "deal with it" by leaving a deposit at one dealership (unless you are planning to buy two cars). The whole point of the process is a showing of commitment that you intend to follow through with a purchase. Problems arise when people leave deposits for items they have no intention of buying.
It goes both ways. Try getting a new Shelby GT500 from a Ford dealer. They pull all kinds of shenanigans. They'll quote you a price, you put down your deposit then pull they rug from under you if some schmo comes by and wants to pay more for your spot, or the car etc etc. Putting down a deposit at two dealers is insurance in my mind.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:33 PM
tcbrown
Instructor

Correction: I put my build in yesterday. I initially put SPASM in the build but took it out as I was concerned about RIDE height and it wasn't clear that the ride height adjustable front suspension was available yet on this model. The stock build at least comes 10MM lower than a normal C2S.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:51 PM
GrantG
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4,960 Likes on 2,811 Posts

Originally Posted by Suzy991
This car is in relation to the C2S not very expensive. Especially for the North American market it is just a bargain!
Hi Suzy - Not sure I'd go that far, as it's about 25% more expensive than a C2S here (though US prices are in general a good deal compared to other markets - much less than a currency conversion).
Old 06-07-2013, 05:02 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GrantG
Hi Suzy - Not sure I'd go that far, as it's about 25% more expensive than a C2S here (though US prices are in general a good deal compared to other markets - much less than a currency conversion).
When you add all the options that are standard on the anniversary edition to a c2s, then it's about the same price for U.S. market, not mentioning the things you can't get on a normal c2s, such as the wider body, chrome details, paint, interior and the wheels, wich will be available in the future I guess but they will be about the same price as the carrera classic wheels or even more.
And you've got a limited edition.

[Sent from my iPad using Rennlist]

Last edited by Suzy991; 06-07-2013 at 05:24 PM.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:17 PM
tcbrown
Instructor

Suzy, Your right about the cost. The big difference is the powerkit which is a $17K U.S. dollar option.
Old 06-07-2013, 05:30 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tcbrown
Suzy, Your right about the cost. The big difference is the powerkit which is a $17K U.S. dollar option.
Thank you

In my opinion the pricetag in the U.S. really is a bargain. In Germany (Porsche's home market where no car has to be shipped across the Atlantic ocean!!) this car costs about 37% more if you add the powerkit to the baseprice. So people.... don't complain please. LOL

[Sent from my iPad using Rennlist]
Old 06-07-2013, 06:31 PM
Buddhamonk
Three Wheelin'

Received 51 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
My first dealer cannot guarantee me an allocation. I would only get one if one of the two people ahead of me drop out. I don't think getting a deposit elsewhere is unreasonable.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:37 PM
Alan Smithee
Rennlist Member

Received 295 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
It goes both ways. Try getting a new Shelby GT500 from a Ford dealer. They pull all kinds of shenanigans. They'll quote you a price, you put down your deposit then pull they rug from under you if some schmo comes by and wants to pay more for your spot, or the car etc etc. Putting down a deposit at two dealers is insurance in my mind.
Insurance? Selfish if you ask me. I have zero respect.

Quick Reply: 991 50th anniversary model