991S Not Starting

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 03:25 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mi650
The OP of that thread has a PDK.
That is true. I should have been more specific. Post #77 (JonnyG) explains the issue and corrective action in detail, everything in his post points towards this problems' origination is with MT only.
Old 10-14-2013, 03:36 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Generic OBDII readers only show the required emissions-related codes. The dealer's PIWIS tester may be able to access additional data logs.
I have an Equus 3160 Innova ABS + Professional CanOBD2. Pretty sure it will do the job.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:26 PM
mi650
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MerlinsGarage
That is true. I should have been more specific. Post #77 (JonnyG) explains the issue and corrective action in detail, everything in his post points towards this problems' origination is with MT only.

It seems like everyone else has a manual. More than enough to make me wonder.
Old 10-14-2013, 04:51 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

The car is literally 1 month old.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:07 PM
rpilot
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Last edited by rpilot; 10-14-2013 at 05:52 PM.
Old 10-14-2013, 09:40 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 597 Likes on 267 Posts

Twice now. I think I replied earlier to this one after the 1st time. Our car is a 7-speed manual & it died on me the 2nd time at 5am on the way to the airport before our Road America race.

I actually was able to pinpoint that keeping the revs up would allow me to drive, otherwise it wouldn't idle. No one can tell me what's up; I would bet my lunch it's related to the auto stop/start and the communication between the flywheel hall effect sensor and the the injector/coil pack communication since the auto-start /stop fires the car unconventionally.

If I didn't post this before, since this happened I travel with a 10mm wrench to disconnect the battery, then it fires up no problem!
Old 10-14-2013, 10:22 PM
mi650
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
Twice now. I think I replied earlier to this one after the 1st time. Our car is a 7-speed manual & it died on me the 2nd time at 5am on the way to the airport before our Road America race.

I actually was able to pinpoint that keeping the revs up would allow me to drive, otherwise it wouldn't idle. No one can tell me what's up; I would bet my lunch it's related to the auto stop/start and the communication between the flywheel hall effect sensor and the the injector/coil pack communication since the auto-start /stop fires the car unconventionally.

If I didn't post this before, since this happened I travel with a 10mm wrench to disconnect the battery, then it fires up no problem!

1 of those is going in my frunk in the morning.
Old 10-15-2013, 09:40 AM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Good idea!! But sad to have to resort to such Draconian measures.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:54 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Lots of 356 owners tell tales of the importance of carrying your tool kit, and knowing how to use it. Now with the 991 Porsche comes full circle.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:59 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

And who says that Porsche has forgotten their roots? I can't take credit, as I rely on that trick that was handed down to me.

Good luck getting it sorted and please post anything.
Old 10-15-2013, 08:37 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

At Conshey Porshe in Phila as we speak.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:27 PM
DBYT
Pro

Let me know how it goes. Mike Pelberg is waiting for me to drop my car in to diagnose the same issue too.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:01 PM
MerlinsGarage
Burning Brakes

Will do Darren.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:39 PM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

What? Really? My worlds are colliding. I grew up just up the hill, up 23 from the Wawa there. Are all of us having the same problems? I actually flew home to pick our car up from Knopf in Allentown in early May of 2012. Now I live in Florida where I wait patiently for the proud Canadian Wawa bird to open her stores here.

I remember getting teased about the word Conshohocken. Sounds pretty friggin' cool to me.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:56 PM
MarcusG
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by mi650
The OP of that thread has a PDK.

Alg1367 the thread starter says in post # 11 that his car is a stick. ?

At least that what it looks like when kosmo asked him.? Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, I talked to a guy I know who works in Stuttgart and says it's a known manual trans fix they are working on. He wasn't more specific since we were only chatting on what's app.

Quick Reply: 991S Not Starting