Sponsored by:

Stitching

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2012, 02:48 AM
Alexcyip
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stitching

I have placed my order for a C2S for a January build. The exterior will be white with a glass roof.

As for the interior I have selected Espresso. All along I have wanted stitching, and given that the exterior is white I wanted white stitching for the contrast.

My dealer just informed me that for 2013 they will no longer have white as an option for stitching!

So my options are down to the following:

Pebble Grey (the lightest color they have available)
Platinum Grey
Black
Lime Gold
Luxor Beige (this will look like the 991 club coupe)

And a few other colors I can't remember (anybody have the complete list for 2013)?

My question is - what would you do? Keep the stitching? If so, what color??
Old 11-14-2012, 07:24 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

don't do the stitching .. colour will get dirty over the years on seat bolsters and no longer match the dash etc

why not have interior trim package (i.e. dash trim and door trim) painted in white? plus also white center console trim, and silver grey seat belts to give the interior colour.

Or you could ask for pebble grey leather interior trim package and pebble grey center console trim to contrast with espresso .. Porsche Exclusive can do this, at least for UK cars, I asked.

white instrument dials?
Old 11-14-2012, 08:51 AM
DBYT
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Another option is silver stitching with silver or grey belts.

Having just come from a 993 with full leather marble grey interior with light grey stitching, i don't think you have to worry too much about the stitching getting dirty. If my 17yr old 993 light colored stitching did not get dirty, you should not have a problem.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Mike in CA
Race Director

Received 127 Likes on 67 Posts

Of course I haven't seen all those combinations, but my gut feel would be that if you do deviating stitching the Luxor Beige would look best with Espresso as they are both brown tones. The greys wouldn't look quite right, IMO. There's a reason Porsche picked the Espresso/Luxor Beige combo for the Club Coupe.

I wouldn't be afraid to do deviating stitching if you like the look.
Old 11-14-2012, 02:46 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I went down the path of deviated stitching for my GT Silver/Espresso C4S build. A few things changed my mind, I could not get Silver as a color option and at this point they cannot stitch the extended Exclusive leather options. I decided to remove the deviated and add more Exclusive leather.
Old 11-15-2012, 12:11 AM
fester
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapture1
I went down the path of deviated stitching for my GT Silver/Espresso C4S build. A few things changed my mind, I could not get Silver as a color option and at this point they cannot stitch the extended Exclusive leather options. I decided to remove the deviated and add more Exclusive leather.
Wow...I did "exactly" that! How crazy is that ! .. I got the same combo on my C4S...build complete 12/4.
Old 11-15-2012, 07:13 AM
19_hole
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rather than deviated stitching, I would go for a two-tone interior.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Rapture1
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fester
Wow...I did "exactly" that! How crazy is that ! .. I got the same combo on my C4S...build complete 12/4.
Can't wait to see that, I have a March build
Old 11-15-2012, 04:19 PM
WCE
User

Received 177 Likes on 86 Posts

The two tone pebble/agate interior comes with pebble gray stitching on the agate areas - looks white for all practical purposes.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:21 PM
chuck911
Race Car

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Agree on nix deviated in general, but Luxor if you must and be aware some areas will still be matching color stitching. There is a very detailed thread on leather options somewhere around here that you may find well worth the time. One item (among many) mentioned is covering the rear view mirror in leather. I would think that for the money that one will do a lot more for the overall look than anything to do with stitching. Try it on the 3D configurator to get a feel for it.

The catch with two-tone interior with Espresso is that Espresso is a top-grain leather and noticeably higher quality than the others. (Except for Carrera Red, the only other top-grain leather.) Too bad we don't have any other Natural Leather color choices as the right two-tone match in quality leather would be a nice option.
Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 PM
littlej
Cruisin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I second the above-mentioned opinions, give the two-tone interior some thoughts. Also, the espresso+ stitching options will probably not be valued at resale if you were to choose to, say when the next gen 911 comes out.

Quick Reply: Stitching