Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2014, 12:08 AM
Mag3
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes Eduardo - just checked. It's pebble grey
Old 12-25-2014, 12:09 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by genxr
Yeah, has to cost a fortune.

I'm amazed - and disappointed - Porsche Exclusive would allow one of the 911-50th colors to be used.
Initially I was surprised too but then its not really a surprise as they had already made all the bright-works & fuchs available so what they are saying is yes you can have a genuine copy (on the outside) but it will cost you more than the original so really only of benefit to die hard fans of 50th.

Black is black, geyser is available so one has to assume slate grey is available on porsche exclusive too.
Old 12-25-2014, 10:12 AM
Mag3
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Initially I was surprised too but then its not really a surprise as they had already made all the bright-works & fuchs available so what they are saying is yes you can have a genuine copy (on the outside) but it will cost you more than the original so really only of benefit to die hard fans of 50th.

Black is black, geyser is available so one has to assume slate grey is available on porsche exclusive too.
It definitely cost a premium... But frankly, isn't the idea here to get the one you want? Also... I wanted seat coolers which the hounds tooth didn't have and wanted the 4wd... And 400hp was plenty enough for me. :-)

As a designer I just truly believed that this was the perfect color palette and detail set - I wasn't at all interested in it being an "edition"...

For me it was an entirely aesthetic choice which is what exclusive is all about!

Thank you to all on this thread btw... Serious learnings that were invaluable!

-Mag3
Old 12-27-2014, 07:56 AM
Mondrian
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You could have had the seat coolers on 50th too as there was a black leather option in addition to the pepita fabric. X51 was only standard on the North American cars, ROW had to pay a premium for X51 so most actually were ordered without that option ... General consensus being that you only feel the extra power in the top end of the spectrum which only applies when on track. I don't think anyone actually bought the 50th because it was special edition, we all loved the colours, the fuchs, the pepita, the green dial, the retro feel & look .... Limited numbers was just the icing on the cake.
Old 01-02-2015, 01:47 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Mondrian
Once the dealer installed options are on and a 911-50 is added then there is no way to tell the difference on the outside.
Originally Posted by Mag3
Yes with one exception. I couldn't get the hounds tooth center panel on seats... I got a light cream (forget color name) instead.

-Mag3
...and the black roof, which I haven't seen on a 50th. Nevertheless, Mag3, that is a very impressive feat to pull off! Congratulations!
Old 01-02-2015, 02:58 PM
mcipseric
Three Wheelin'

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

New plate for a new year!

Old 01-02-2015, 02:59 PM
GreenLantern
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by mcipseric
New plate for a new year!
Very nice!

Also, I <3 Riviera Blue.
Old 01-02-2015, 03:15 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by <3mph
...and the black roof, which I haven't seen on a 50th.
There are quite a few 50th editions with the optional glass (black) roof. Some even in your beautiful country!

http://porschelangley.com/used/Porsc...78779/info.php

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
Attached Images    
Old 01-02-2015, 05:12 PM
LSV
Advanced

In 2013, I was thinking about to restore a 2.2 or buy a 991S PTS Slate grey. Then came the 911-50 and I ordered mine early in june... Perfect timing to save money.

Now, it's pretty funny to see already almost a MY15 clone coming through factory-dealer-Techipment. I understand that a canadian DD is better with 4wd, but I would find much more interesting with a Targa. Something else without endless talks about lookalike...
Old 01-02-2015, 06:52 PM
<3mph
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
There are quite a few 50th editions with the optional glass (black) roof.
I learn something every day! Thanks!
Old 01-04-2015, 07:23 PM
50footer
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Exclusive?

I don't believe that you need to go Porsche Exclusive to get an "exclusive" 911. At least in my part of the world. I tried to order a PTS 991 back in August and the delivery date offered was March '15, then July '15 and finally September '15 with no assurances whatsoever that such deadline would be met.
So, after thorough reading of multiple posts and in particular this from Eduardo (many thanks for your invaluable help) I configured the following 911 C4S and am extatic waiting to take delivery in the next couple of days.

Old 01-05-2015, 01:38 PM
porscherex
Pro

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thank you everybody for all your comments and insights. This tread and this forum has made me a much more informed consumer.

I want to order PTS in Pascha Red for my 991 when the window opens again which is on the approved PTS list. It is a non-metallic paint that was used for only several years in the 1950's for the 356. I have looked all over the internet to find the color with some success. But, the images are different or may not accurately reflect the correct color (there were several similar reds in the 50's and 60's).

Porsche produced a special edition 991 in Pascha Red that was sold only in Russia. It was to commemorate the 100 plus year anniversary of the GUM department store in Red Square. Thus the car was named the GUM Red Square Edition. There are plenty of renderings of the car on the internet but no actual photos.

Melissa Witek of Porsche Exclusive has seen the color and she says it looks like this:

I have reviewed many other photos from the internet and the color varies which is expected from internet photos.

My questions are:

1. Has anyone ordered a car in Pascha Red or seen one? Photos would be appreciated.

2. Has anyone seen actual photos of the GUM Red Square Edition 991? Photos pls.

As always, thanks for your help.
Rex
Old 01-05-2015, 03:36 PM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Received 253 Likes on 144 Posts

Originally Posted by porscherex
Porsche produced a special edition 991 in Pascha Red that was sold only in Russia. It was to commemorate the 100 plus year anniversary of the GUM department store in Red Square. Thus the car was named the GUM Red Square Edition. There are plenty of renderings of the car on the internet but no actual photos.My questions are:

1. Has anyone ordered a car in Pascha Red or seen one? Photos would be appreciated.

Rex
Rex, I considered a Pasha Red PTS earlier in the year. If you simply Google "Pasha Red Porsche" and click Images, you will see several pics including a few of the Red Square edition. It is a great (and historic) color.
Old 01-05-2015, 04:26 PM
Keadog
Rennlist Member

Received 1,095 Likes on 654 Posts

Thank you everybody for all your comments and insights. This tread and this forum has made me a much more informed consumer.

I want to order PTS in Pascha Red for my 991 when the window opens again which is on the approved PTS list. It is a non-metallic paint that was used for only several years in the 1950's for the 356. I have looked all over the internet to find the color with some success. But, the images are different or may not accurately reflect the correct color (there were several similar reds in the 50's and 60's).

Porsche produced a special edition 991 in Pascha Red that was sold only in Russia. It was to commemorate the 100 plus year anniversary of the GUM department store in Red Square. Thus the car was named the GUM Red Square Edition. There are plenty of renderings of the car on the internet but no actual photos.

Melissa Witek of Porsche Exclusive has seen the color and she says it looks like this:

I have reviewed many other photos from the internet and the color varies which is expected from internet photos.

My questions are:

As always, thanks for your help.
Rex
You should be able to have a sample card sprayed from the paint code. I'm surprised (not really) Melissa didn't suggest that rather than a picture from the internet on a computer monitor. You have no idea what any color will look like in different lighting if you don't have an actual sample. It's a lot of money for most people to take a chance they'll like what they get.
Porsche Exclusive in the US has not been very helpful to me. I wish you better luck with PTS.
Old 01-05-2015, 05:15 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 111 Likes on 73 Posts
Default 'Pascha Red'

Thank you everybody for all your comments and insights. This tread and this forum has made me a much more informed consumer. I want to order PTS in Pascha Red for my 991 when the window opens again which is on the approved PTS list. It is a non-metallic paint that was used for only several years in the 1950's for the 356. Melissa Witek of Porsche Exclusive has seen the color and she says it looks like this:

My questions are:

Rex: That photo of that 356 that Melissa sent you looks like the same color used on Gmund #45 owned by Hans Peter Porsche and shown at Pebble Beach by his brother Wolfgang in August of 2011.

http://roadscholars.com/restoration-...mund-coupe-45/

Both look a shade too dark from others 356's I have seen done in 'Pascha Red'. See first attachment - a color photo of the period at Zuffenhausen which I think shows a 'Pascha Red' Pre-A cabriolet. And it looks a lot lighter. But I never seen a true original paint 356 survivor in this color...although I own some early Pre-A parts that retain a bit of this color (e.g. interior metal dash or 16" wheels), but quite faded.

The name of this color, 'Pascha Red', is associated with Mohamed Taher Pascha (second photo attached), nephew of King Farouk of Egypt. King Farouk, who himself had a large collection of sport cars, was deposed in 1952 by Gamal Abdel Nasser & other Egyptian military officers. Farouk and Mohamed Taher Pascha were early customers of Porsche when the auto manufacturing firm was started in the late 1940's. Porsche has always made a point of courting all types of European and Middle Eastern royalty to the marque...as it get's them plenty of free publicity in the national & regional press' society pages (do they have these still?). So we have 'Pascha Red' named for Taher Pascha just as we have 'Albert Blue' in the early longhood 911 period, named for King Albert of Belgium, who was a loyal (and royal) customer of Porsche!

Originally Posted by hinckley
Rex, I considered a Pasha Red PTS earlier in the year... It is a great (and historic) color.
Finally, to answer your question 'has anyone seen one' in the flesh? Yes I have. It might be a historic color...but I have always found it too somber to do anything positive to the otherwise flowing lines of a Porsche - whether a Gmund coupe or a GUM 991 'Red Square' edition! But that is all personal taste. Good luck with you PTS, Rex, regardless of the final color you choose!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images   

Last edited by Z356; 01-05-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!