Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2014, 07:33 PM
FORENN
Banned

Received 666 Likes on 327 Posts

Originally Posted by Z356
Congratulations Joe! The car looks so much better in its original configuration with 'Silver' wheels!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel
I could not agree more! Beautiful color but the silver wheels are highly preferable.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:03 AM
sfo
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Sackey
what was essentially a new 3.8 RS (it still has just 505 miles!)
what is the mileage now?
Old 04-04-2014, 04:50 PM
Joe Sackey
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sfo
what is the mileage now?
It had 4-something on the clock when I purchased it. I just checked and actually it has 504 miles today. I haven't had much seat-time opportunity in the past year, but I will make amends!
Old 04-06-2014, 02:18 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good, GOOD, thing that Arena Red made the list after Porsche took Amaranth Red off the shelf. In the 90s when I first fell in love with the 911, 993, Turbo it was Arena Red.

But I figured if I was to order a turbo finally that Amaranth Red would fill the void. Well guess what Mr. G(?) you ain't getting it in Amaranth Red. So I will PTS Arena Red when I finally do order the car; I can't remember if Sascha Glassier said it would still take the additional time or not for this color since it's now on the okay'ed list.

My Avatar is the Turbo S I won't be ordering in Amaranth Red or PTS'ing in Arena Red!

/end babbling
Old 04-06-2014, 03:12 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Received 109 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe Sackey
It had 4-something on the clock when I purchased it. I just checked and actually it has 504 miles today. I haven't had much seat-time opportunity in the past year, but I will make amends!
Good Joe! It's like a new car. Enjoy in good health!

Originally Posted by Tacet-Conundrum
Good, GOOD, thing that Arena Red made the list after Porsche took Amaranth Red off the shelf..../end babbling
Arena Red has been on the PTS list for a long time, certainly way before Amaranth was recently taken off the standard/metallic offerings. See attachment to my first post on this thread back in July of 2012!

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...e-and-you.html

If all the babbling (to use your term) continues, I'll be an old dying pensioner in hospice before you get to order your elusive Arena Red Turbo, Tacet-Conundrum. Take a **** or get off the pot.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Old 04-06-2014, 04:43 PM
Tacet-Conundrum
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya know you're right me abuelito...
Old 04-12-2014, 12:20 AM
MD991
Intermediate

Dan: Your PTS 'Blue Turquoise' Cabriolet continues to be one of the most attractive builds in the 997 era! Proof-positive that a well chosen PTS color in combination with an attractive interior will be a good investment in terms of uniqueness, personal satisfaction and value retention! Even at $5500 today (it was over $1,000 less in 2005), PTS is still a valuable (even wise & strategically smart!) option that is seldom utilized by Porsche customers in the US!

Happy motoring to you in the Santa Barbara area!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

I absolutely Love the Blue Turquoise and Natural Brown colour combo. Do you know if Blue Turquoise is available currently as PTS? Do you have an updated list of leathers as well - Leather to Sample?
Old 04-12-2014, 01:36 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default PTS List and Leather to Sample

Originally Posted by MD991
I absolutely Love the Blue Turquoise and Natural Brown colour combo. Do you know if Blue Turquoise is available currently as PTS? Do you have an updated list of leathers as well - Leather to Sample?
I have not seen 'Turquoise Blue' on the approved list. It doesn't mean anything other than no-one has requested it yet on a 991, 981 or Panamera. By the way, we should have a newer PTS approved list by now. After all, the PTS window for MY2015 991/981 appears to be open in the PCNA's configurator! (see first screen shot). I hope someone with access to the latest PTS Approved Colors List from PCNA will post it here ASAP. The last one I have (attached below) was posted by a Rennlist member here and it's dated Oct 2013 I believe!

I have never seen an approved list of 'Leather to Sample', period. I don't even know if such list exists. If anyone has one, please post it. I do know that 'Natural Brown' is available 'Leather to Sample' in the 991. This was according to a conversation I had with Melissa Witek of 'Porsche Exclusive' at my last meeting with her in November 2013 during the 918 test drive event at The Thermal Club near Palm Springs, CA! Leather to Sample, if you get it approved, is quite reasonably priced - not much more than the full natural leather option. Problem is what to do about the interior plastic trim pieces which are normally color coordinated in the standard interior leather offerings. When you order LtoS, these all default to 'Black'. Or you can have them expensively covered in leather! But at least you know it's a choice that is available to you on your special custom order.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images     
Attached Images
Old 04-14-2014, 02:17 AM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Default Espresso/Cognac with Deviating Carpeting in Espresso

We have discussed the two tone 'Espresso/Cognac' interior before:

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7914...-interior.html

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/7085...nd-you-15.html

And we wondered what it would look like with deviating carpet in Espresso. Now we have some photos of it from a MY2014 Basalt Black w. Espresso/Cognac at Porsche of North Houston:

http://north-houston.porschedealer.c...81130/info.php

First three photos show the standard spec with Cognac carpeting! I think the deviating carpeting in Espresso is a beautiful combination w. this two tone interior! It offers a very rich contrast to the Cognac leather bits...and is extremely practical as a carpet color!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images        
Old 04-14-2014, 03:54 PM
Suzy991
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

IMHO it looks a lot better with the deviated carpet. More contrast and it's more practical.

Suzy (via iOS app)
Old 04-14-2014, 07:39 PM
rijowysock
Nordschleife Master

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

i'm kind of disappointed with the "exclusive" options for gt3.. i emailed "witek" and got back basically "nothing cool of any type available"

all i want is mexico blue stitching!
Old 04-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rijowysock
i'm kind of disappointed with the "exclusive" options for gt3.. i emailed "witek" and got back basically "nothing cool of any type available"

all i want is mexico blue stitching!
The gt3 program is currently stuck on Henry Ford mode: Any stitching color you like as long as it's 'Platinum Grey' or 'Red'!

By the way, we have not heard yet of 'Mexico Blue' stitching as available on the 991/981 models under the 'Porsche Exclusive' list of available deviating stitching colors. In the most recent color thread list confirmed by Suzy in Svizra, the only bright blue color appearing is 'Aqua Blue'! This might be the bright blue deviating stitching we have seen in recent PTS 'Riviera' or Mexico' Blues that included deviating stitching (see examples below). If and when you get your wish, Riley, make sure you nail down with Melissa the exact color of the stitching you want (& expect to see sewn) on your vehicle!

Photo A) slc's 981 PTS 'Mexico Blue' with 'blue' deviating stitching.

Photos B & C) Rahal's 981 PTS 'Riviera Blue' with 'blue' deviating stitching.

I don't remember either owner confirming to us the exact color of the stitching on their custom order.

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Attached Images    
Old 04-23-2014, 01:07 PM
Montesquieu
Advanced

I'm sharing pictures here since my order benefited greatly from the wisdom in this thread. Thanks all.

This car is two weeks and 400 miles old. It took seven months and two false starts to get a build date, followed by six months of waiting, before she arrived. At one point, I had tried to order a graphite gray 911_50, but the long wait for a build date drove me crazy, and I switched back to a design-by-me.

Specs:
  • 2014 C2S Cabriolet
  • 7MT
  • X51 Powerkit with PDCC
  • PTS Mexico Blue with black cab roof
  • Black SportTechno wheels
  • Espresso/cognac natural leather with lots of upgrades
  • Burmester stereo

Old 04-23-2014, 01:55 PM
Z356
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
I'm sharing pictures here since my order benefited greatly from the wisdom in this thread. Thanks all.
Bravo, Montesquieu! I love how you effectively used the leather option for covering the interior trim /underdash/doors in 'Cognac' ('Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior', Option # EEA) and console leather trim in 'Espresso'. As always, I love the 'Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather' (Option # CZW). It looks like you also got 'Customization Package, Gear Shift Lever', correct? We would benefit from seeing your complete option list too so we can see the 'fruits' of your ordering 'labor'. Finally, if you could tell us frankly how well (or not) did your entire PTS custom order experience went (at dealer level, at 'Porsche Exclusive' level, at PAG level) and any tips for the rest of us here at Rennlist that might order PTS in the future!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

Last edited by Z356; 04-23-2014 at 02:53 PM.
Old 04-23-2014, 03:19 PM
991999R
Rennlist Member

Bravo, Montesquieu! I love how you effectively used the leather option for covering the interior trim /underdash/doors in 'Cognac' ('Leather Interior Package i.c.w. Leather Interior', Option # EEA) and console leather trim in 'Espresso'. As always, I love the 'Extended Interior Package, Dashboard Trim in Leather' (Option # CZW). It looks like you also got 'Customization Package, Gear Shift Lever', correct? We would benefit from seeing your complete option list too so we can see the 'fruits' of your ordering 'labor'. Finally, if you could tell us frankly how well (or not) did your entire PTS custom order experience went (at dealer level, at 'Porsche Exclusive' level, at PAG level) and any tips for the rest of us here at Rennlist that might order PTS in the future!

Saludos,
Eduardo
Carmel

man do you have eyes or what...how you picked up the gear shift package is beyond me!

Quick Reply: Custom Ordering a 991, 'Porsche Exclusive' and You!