Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2024, 04:55 PM
rbernard1984
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ieatfishburritos
For my understanding, how is a warranty purchaser able to influence:
- We will not cover misdiagnosis or repairs done for process of elimination purposes to reach correct diagnosis.”

If the warranty company approves a repair, and it doesn't fix the problem, it seems unreasonable to hold the warranty purchaser responsible. I mean even the expert insurance adjuster "approved it" at the time, no? What am I missing here?
This has been the entire fight for the last two weeks. Porsche Reno keeps telling Freedom that they followed the diagnostics flow that Porsche NA told them to follow for this repair. Apparently the repair is resolved most of the time with either the sensor or solenoid, however in some case the oil pump must also be replaced (which was my case). Freedom does not care that it was repaired according to Porsche NA provided troubleshooting and guidelines, they just don't want to pay.

So approved means nothing if you have a Freedom warranty, they can just change their mind and screw you and having the cars manufacturers say a process needs to happen a certain way means nothing to them, they will screw you.
Old 06-28-2024, 05:18 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 742 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by rbernard1984
If anyone was curious about how this is going the answer is not well. Freedom has now refused to pay the two initial claims, which they had already approved, claiming “misdiagnoses” on the part of the dealership, instead is just offering to cover the oil pump. It makes no difference to them that the diagnosis process followed was provided to Porsche Reno by Porsche NA (which is part of the reason why the car has been there so long). Ultimately, the warranty company used every excuse they could find in the contract to deny the claim and not pay. First maintenance, then no oil change in 30 days, then not enough detail from the dealer, then misdiagnosis. The fact of the matter is that they just didn’t want to pay and took awhile to find an excuse they could make stick.

Also, they are an absolute pain to deal with, no one is able to get ahold of anyone at Freedom, except Trent. Which is odd for just being a sales person, seems to be more to that relationship than is being let on.

In the end, I would never purchase a product from Freedom. They will screw you over. I also would never purchase a product from Trent and Highline, his group is not the type of vendor we need in the pcar community.

There are better warranty groups out there, why risk your money with Freedom.
That is interesting and very unexpected. Trent, why is that the case?

Old 06-28-2024, 05:20 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 483 Likes on 354 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
That is interesting and very unexpected. Trent, why is that the case?
There are previous screenshots in this thread of the customer's direct communication with Freedom Warranty. This is the most "involved" I've even been in a claim.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 06-28-2024 at 05:21 PM.
Old 06-28-2024, 05:53 PM
GoaterAz
Intermediate

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts

Freedom has now refused to pay the two initial claims, which they had already approved, claiming “misdiagnoses” on the part of the dealership, instead is just offering to cover the oil pump.
Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Timeline of Events.
04/01 - Repair Order #1 (Oil Pressure Sender) Submitted by Service Advisor #1 - ($926) Approved
04/11 - Repair Order #2 (Oil Pressure Regulator) Submitted by Service Advisor #1 - ($1,155) Approved
04/12 - 06/02 Service Advisor is no longer with the dealership and Service Advisor #2 has taken over
06/02 - Repair Order #3 (Oil Pump) Submitted by Service Advisor #2 - Freedom Warranty has some questions. ($10,463)

My involvement in helping this customer from when the claim was dead at $2,082, to receiving $6,884.74 in repairs.
Is Freedom now denying Repair Order #1 and Repair Order #2, and agreeing to pay partial ($6,884.74) of Repair Order #3 (Quote: $10,463)?

Customer has received a 254.42% return on his initial investment of the warranty.
The cost of the warranty was $4800, Freedom has agreed to cover $6800. That is not 255%.
$4,800 has not been paid to Freedom Warranty.
This is none of my business but since you posted ROI, and since the OP posted the price he paid, can you explain how you quantified ROI (+254.42%)?
Old 06-28-2024, 05:55 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GoaterAz
This is none of my business but since you posted ROI, and since the OP posted the price he paid, can you explain how you quantified ROI (+254.42%)?
Freedom Warranty offers 0% financing on their coverage.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
Old 06-28-2024, 06:33 PM
rbernard1984
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GoaterAz
Is Freedom now denying Repair Order #1 and Repair Order #2, and agreeing to pay partial ($6,884.74) of Repair Order #3 (Quote: $10,463)?

That is correct, they are now denying repair 1 and 2 and refusing to pay those, even though the dealership completed those repairs when approved. So now the dealership is coming to me for payment on 1 and 2.

And if you choose to cancel (which I asked about) the monthly installment/unpaid portion is deducted from any payments they have made. So in my case, $4800 is less than the $6800 they will have paid so my refund would be zero. So Trent’s answer and claims are pointless and hiding the actual reality, which has been the case with this whole process.

Old 06-28-2024, 06:39 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,176 Likes on 708 Posts

Thanks for the disappointing follow-up here.

Shameful bait and switch business practices.
Old 06-28-2024, 07:19 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

All Freedom Warranty contracts are eligible for cancelation and pro-ratoin.

On financed contracts, the contract must be made whole, either paid to completetion or paid off in order to be edible for cancelation and pro-ration.

However, claim payouts are deducted from the pro-ration amount, given this customer has received more in payouts than the cost of the warranty, there is nothing left to refund.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
Old 06-28-2024, 08:27 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 742 Likes on 526 Posts

All Freedom Warranty contracts are eligible for cancelation and pro-ratoin.

On financed contracts, the contract must be made whole, either paid to completetion or paid off in order to be edible for cancelation and pro-ration.

However, claim payouts are deducted from the pro-ration amount, given this customer has received more in payouts than the cost of the warranty, there is nothing left to refund.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
Trenton, besides selling the Freedom insurance plans, do you have any financial stake or ownership in Freedom Insurance?

How can a company deny coverage once they agreed to pay the shop doing the work? This looks So very shady.
Old 06-28-2024, 08:30 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,176 Likes on 708 Posts

And Highline, do you plan to keep selling Freedom?
Old 06-28-2024, 08:37 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jack F
Trenton, besides selling the Freedom insurance plans, do you have any financial stake or ownership in Freedom Insurance?

How can a company deny coverage once they agreed to pay the shop doing the work? This looks So very shady.
No, we are only a retailer, just like we are a retailer for Fidelity warranty coverage swell.

We have a service center needing 3 different repair bills, ranging from $1K-$10K dollars, each time without a mention of any future repair costs to fix one CEL light.

Trenton O. Gibson
Advertising & Marketing Manager
Highline Autos
Old 06-28-2024, 08:37 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
And Highline, do you plan to keep selling Freedom?
Correct.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
Old 06-28-2024, 08:46 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 381 Likes on 232 Posts

When does the "Freedom" part start to kick in?
The following users liked this post:
ieatfishburritos (06-28-2024)
Old 06-28-2024, 09:17 PM
rbernard1984
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
When does the "Freedom" part start to kick in?
It did! Freedom from them paying for covered parts lol
The following users liked this post:
Porsche_nuts (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 09:57 AM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 421 Likes on 302 Posts
Default Its the lawyers and our joke of a legal

System that allows frivilous crap to endure. All the crappy politicians are lawyers so they line their own and crooked lawyer buddies pockets. Try buying homeowners insurance in Florida. This year they had "reforms" and strangly enough my bills still went up. Insurance is a risk pool and lawsuits are directly realted to acctuarial determined cost.

Originally Posted by HardRider
I loathe warranty companies but this failure 100% is the result of an incompetent dealer. Absolutely pathetic, that is who you should be posting on. Pimps bleed everyone with their parts cannon. Thank God for the warranty company saying no. It's like all these pimp attorneys and false injury claims and the gutless insurance companies won't go to court they just pay out. Guess what YOU pay the insurance premiums for this racket....

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty