Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 07:53 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
An independent inspector was sent out by Freedom Warranty to confirm that the Oil Pump from Repair Order #3 did need to be replaced to fix the vehicle, and is why Freedom Warranty paid to fix the Oil Pump. Freedom Warranty took the word of the service center for Repair Order #1 and Repair Order #2 and had approved them without calling for an inspector to get the customer back on the road as quickly as possible.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777
And now they want their money back for repair 1 and 2?
Old 06-30-2024, 08:55 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
And now they want their money back for repair 1 and 2?
No, Freedom Warranty is not looking to collect money back from anyone.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Old 07-01-2024, 12:39 AM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
No, Freedom Warranty is not looking to collect money back from anyone.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
So they paid for repair 1, 2 and 3?

Can OP confirm this? It would be good to get the whole story from the person that own the car and has been experiencing this problem.
Old 07-01-2024, 01:11 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Can OP confirm this? It would be good to get the whole story from the person that own the car and has been experiencing this problem.
Freedom Warranty had approved Repair Order #1 and #2, funds were allocated and sat uncollected by the dealer service center.

I've been working with every party on this warranty claim since June 2nd, and can see the Repair Orders #1 #2 #3 and #4 (#1 & #2 combined for approx. $1K more???).

Customer has received a 254.42% return on his initial investment of the warranty.
Customer has paid approx. 56% of the total cost of the warranty so far.

Timeline of Events:

04/01 - Repair Order #1 (Oil Pressure Sender) Submitted by Service Advisor #1 - ($926) Approved

04/11 - Repair Order #2 (Oil Pressure Regulator) Submitted by Service Advisor #1 - ($1,155) Approved

04/12 - 06/02 Service Advisor is no longer with the dealership and Service Advisor #2 has taken over.

06/02 - Repair Oder #3 (Oil Pump) Submitted by Service Advisor #2 - Freedom Warranty has some questions. ($10,463) - a breakdown is in this thread already, aprrox. $7,500 was actually for the Oil Pump.

06/05 - It is brought to my attention I have an upset customer with a claim denial for something I see as already having funds allocated and resolved. (this thread is made)

06/05 - 6/07 Shifting through the multiple repair orders, service advisor contacts, and the customer’s story.

06/06 - An email chain between myself, the customer and Service Advisor #2, and my Freedom Warranty dealer manager is established.

06/06 - Both the customer and I email the Service Advisor #2 that we need an established timeline and repair process showing protocols by Porsche were being followed that explained the time between repair orders, and multiple separate repair orders.

06/06 - I get a call from Service Advisor #3, he is unsure why he needs to explain the repair process/diagnostics to anyone, including the warranty company.

06/09 - Repair Order #4 Submitted by Service Advisor #2, which is just Repair Order #1 & #2 on a single repair order for approximately $1,000 more.

06/10-06/14 - Freedom Warranty reaches out to dispatch twice, for an independent adjuster to take a look at the vehicle and repair request being made to finally get this customer’s car fixed and back on the road.

06/17 - Independent adjuster performs inspection and determines yes, the oil pump does need to be replaced to fix this issue and get the customer’s vehicle back on the road.

06/21 - Freedom Warranty approves $6,884.74 for the Oil Pump to get the customer back on the road. I email Service Advisor #2 that Repair Order #4 is approx $1,000 more than what Repair Order #1 & #2 were originally sent to Freedom Warranty, and that needs to be readjusted.

“Section 7: Claims Procedure
3. We will not cover misdiagnosis or repairs done for process of elimination purposes to reach correct diagnosis.”

I’m satisfied with my involvement in helping this customer from when the claim was dead at $2,082, to receiving $6,884.74 in repairs for the largest of the three Repair Orders, an Oil Pump for approx. $7,500, the difference being tax and shop supplies.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 07-01-2024 at 01:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Foosh (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 01:33 AM
ok-cami
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I have read with great interest this thread as I have stumbled upon it while researching aftermarket warranties for a soon to be purchased Mercedes S550 for which I am considering warranty and was subsequently directed to this thread as OP has also started similar title on MB World.
I am a long time Porsche owner and Rennlist member, but only recently signed up on MB World in my quest for S550.

I was considering contacting Trent for a discussion regarding my upcoming purchase. However, after reading this thread in its entirety, I’m not convinced an aftermarket warranty makes sound financial sense.

If the members will oblige, I have few observations and questions:
  1. I believe that Trent has done a yeoman's job in his effort to achieve a satisfactory resolution for the customer.
  2. I am skeptical of the dealers processes for this repair particularly with respect to the time line between repair 2 and 3. Something doesn’t seem quite right there. Just sayin’
  3. The Math
Repair 1: $926
Repair 2: $1,155.
Total:$2,081
Next is repair 3: After negotiation, Freedom agreed to pay $6,884
In lieu of the $2,081?

Who’s paying the $2,081?

Customer?
Why not the dealer because they mis-diagnosed?
Freedom originally agreed to pay the $2,081. Why aren’t they honoring their original obligation?

I’m assuming the customer is now on the hook for the $2,081.
Add the cost of the warranty: $4,200
Total: $6,281

It seems that if the customer simply did not purchase the warranty, he’d be in a similar (~$2k delta) financial position as he is currently- but without the added stress and aggravation of dealing with Freedom.
And who knows, perhaps without the third party Freedom, maybe the repair bill wouldn’t have been run up to the level it is currently.

I look forward to further comments and discussion.

Also, convince me that I should purchase an aftermarket warranty.
Old 07-01-2024, 02:15 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by ok-cami

If the members will oblige, I have few observations and questions:
  1. I believe that Trent has done a yeoman's job in his effort to achieve a satisfactory resolution for the customer.
  2. I am skeptical of the dealers processes for this repair particularly with respect to the time line between repair 2 and 3. Something doesn’t seem quite right there. Just sayin’
  3. The Math
I appreciate the acknowledgment to my efforts getting the best outcome for my warranty customer.

In lieu of the $2,081?

Who’s paying the $2,081?

Customer?
06/21 I had a phone call with Service Advisor #2 saying that if I got him the $6,884 (pre $100 deductible) as soon as possible, he'd work on an agreeable outcome with the customer for the remainder. Service Advisor #2 said he was taking heat from his boss about the customer being in their loaner car the whole time, and were ready to come to a conclusion with all parties and move on.

It seems that if the customer simply did not purchase the warranty, he’d be in a similar (~$2k delta) financial position as he is currently- but without the added stress and aggravation of dealing with Freedom.
Without the warranty, the customer would have been on the hook for some sort of combination of Repair Order #1, #2, +$1,000 (#4), #3. approx... $10K.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 07-01-2024 at 02:34 AM.
Old 07-01-2024, 01:07 PM
rbernard1984
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

1. The Math
Repair 1: $926
Repair 2: $1,155.
Total:$2,081
In lieu of the $2,081?

Who’s paying the $2,081?

Customer?
Freedom originally agreed to pay the $2,081. Why aren’t they honoring their original obligation?

I’m assuming the customer is now on the hook for the $2,081.
Add the cost of the warranty: $4,200
Total: $6,281

And who knows, perhaps without the third party Freedom, maybe the repair bill wouldn’t have been run up to the level it is currently.

I look forward to further comments and discussion.

Also, convince me that I should purchase an aftermarket warranty.
currently I am on the hook for the work Freedom approved, the dealership performed, and now Freedom refused to pay. Nothing in the contract allows Freedom to approve and then not pay the claim, but that is a separate issue.

as of right now the math is about even (cost of warranty + out of pocket) versus out of pocket no warranty. If I had gone with a reputable company like Fidelity maybe different.

several comments have been made about the repair process. Since this issue was related to the engine and oil I chose the dealership for the repair knowing they wouldn't be the cheapest but would be the most knowledgeable and a blown engine is morse expensive then all these combined. The dealership had techs from Germany live on calls as they diagnosed and worked on the issue due to complexity, no indy shop can do that. Also why the repair has taken so long.
Old 07-01-2024, 02:28 PM
Sledge911
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by rbernard1984
currently I am on the hook for the work Freedom approved, the dealership performed, and now Freedom refused to pay. Nothing in the contract allows Freedom to approve and then not pay the claim, but that is a separate issue.

as of right now the math is about even (cost of warranty + out of pocket) versus out of pocket no warranty. If I had gone with a reputable company like Fidelity maybe different.

several comments have been made about the repair process. Since this issue was related to the engine and oil I chose the dealership for the repair knowing they wouldn't be the cheapest but would be the most knowledgeable and a blown engine is morse expensive then all these combined. The dealership had techs from Germany live on calls as they diagnosed and worked on the issue due to complexity, no indy shop can do that. Also why the repair has taken so long.
Warranty companies can be a pain but in the end it saved you approximately $4,000.
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 03:21 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 429 Likes on 261 Posts

Lost in the noise floor: since when does an oil pump cost $7,500?! An oil pump is a pretty simple thing. This dealership seems... questionable.
The following 2 users liked this post by Larson E. Rapp:
Highline-Autos.com (07-01-2024), Sledge911 (07-01-2024)
Old 07-01-2024, 10:02 PM
rbernard1984
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
Lost in the noise floor: since when does an oil pump cost $7,500?! An oil pump is a pretty simple thing. This dealership seems... questionable.
The part is only like 3k, the rest is labor due to the pumps location. When it was looking like it wasn’t going to be covered I called the main local indy for Porches out here and they were actually higher, so the pricing is actually competitive.
Old 07-02-2024, 06:49 PM
rbernard1984
Intermediate

They approved 1 and 2, the dealership made the repairs. Then 3 was submitted and denied, then after fighting they approved repair three, but then refused to pay for repairs 1 and 2. So now I am stuck with repairs made that were approved and then later denied after the work was performed.

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty