Sponsored by:

Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2024, 10:51 AM
WP0
Rennlist Member

Received 252 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by Bud Taylor
System that allows frivilous crap to endure. All the crappy politicians are lawyers so they line their own and crooked lawyer buddies pockets. Try buying homeowners insurance in Florida. This year they had "reforms" and strangly enough my bills still went up. Insurance is a risk pool and lawsuits are directly realted to acctuarial determined cost.
@Bud Taylor You only think you have home insurance: they will pay you what they think they should pay you for your claim. Last year the FL laws were changed so that you cannot recoup legal expenses when suing your insurance company for failure to pay. This was the "reform". . . \Now the insurance companies have permission to deny everything, and your claim better be north of $30,000 to make it worth it to hire a lawyer to file a lawsuit, otherwise you get almost nothing.
Old 06-29-2024, 10:56 AM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,194 Likes on 717 Posts

All I can say is I would never buy Freedom.
Old 06-29-2024, 11:31 AM
Sledge911
Track Day

Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts

Why are they only agreeing to pay a portion of the oil pump? I could possibly see them not paying for first two repairs by their logic of changing parts/ doing repairs and not knowing what the problem is. The oil pump was the problem so why not pay for the actual problem?
Old 06-29-2024, 01:31 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 501 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by Sledge911
Why are they only agreeing to pay a portion of the oil pump? I could possibly see them not paying for first two repairs by their logic of changing parts/ doing repairs and not knowing what the problem is. The oil pump was the problem so why not pay for the actual problem?
Repair Order #3 "Estimate" Breakdown:
[Primary]: DIAG2 - PERFORM CUSTOMER REQUESTED DIAGNOSIS PERFORM CUSTOMER
REQUESTED DIAGNOSIS OTHER DIAGNOSIS - CUSTOMER STATESOIL PRESSURE MEA
SURING FAULT WHILE DRIVING DOESN T MATTER HIGHWAY SPEED OR CITY PUT IN SPORT
MODE COMES ON IMMEDIATE LY - PLEASE CHECK AND ADVISE $577.80 - Additional diagnostic labor? Why is every Repair Order treated as something new they did not know about previous, yet at the end say they knew all three major components would need to be replaced from the beginning?
Engine Oil Pump - Replace | replace engine oil pump $7542.11 - Covered, the difference being tax, and shop supplies.
*Annual 4-Wheel Alignment (recommended every 12 months or 12,000 miles) $209.99- Not covered, maintenance
Miscellaneous1 | replace oil pressure switch $225.00 - New Part #5.
Miscellaneous1 | replace oil pressure control valve and perform oil change $762.27 - New Part #6.
Engine Oil Pan Gasket - Replace | remove oil pan to inspect pickup tube and pump $409.92 - Additional diagnostic time exceeding OEM set guide.
[Primary]: M01 - MISCELLANEOUS MISCELLANEOUS replace oil pressure control valve and perform
oil change $516.89 - Charge #2 for new Part #5 on the same Repair Order #3????
[Primary]: M01 - MISCELLANEOUS MISCELLANEOUS $68.84 - What does this even mean?
[Primary]: LOF - PERFORM ENGINE OIL SERVICE PERFORM ENGINE OIL SERVICE $151.02 - Charge #3 for an Oil Change on Repair Order #3???

Freedom Warranty Payment Breakdown:
Labor- 18.2 @ 225.00= 4095.00
Parts= 2739.74
Fluid= 50.00 (max)
Total= 6884.74

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 06-29-2024 at 03:32 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Sledge911 (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 05:00 PM
Sledge911
Track Day

@Highline-Autos.com thanks - looks like it was fair at the end of the day and the guy who started thread got all the money back he paid for the warranty and then some. I would say a win for the customer and still has a warranty for future stuff. Now if you hadn’t helped out don’t know if it would be same story.
Highline-Autos.com (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 06:43 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

@Highline-Autos.com thanks - looks like it was fair at the end of the day and the guy who started thread got all the money back he paid for the warranty and then some. I would say a win for the customer and still has a warranty for future stuff. Now if you hadn’t helped out don’t know if it would be same story.
I would agree, and I'm available to all of our customers for assistance. This has been the most strange and complicated repair I've seen, let alone been apart of. As a strong retailer of Freedom Warranty they, hear us out and will take a second look at our request, but it certainly is not the norm to have to do so. As a retailer of Fidelity warranty coverage as well, I have Freedom Warranty coverage on my personal vehicles. Not that I prefer one to the other, it just all depends on who is providing the best value to each customer's specific situation ie. type of vehicle, year, miles, etc.

If anyone has any extended warranty questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
jberb55 (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 08:02 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 756 Likes on 536 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
I would agree, and I'm available to all of our customers for assistance. This has been the most strange and complicated repair I've seen, let alone been apart of. As a strong retailer of Freedom Warranty they, hear us out and will take a second look at our request, but it certainly is not the norm to have to do so. As a retailer of Fidelity warranty coverage as well, I have Freedom Warranty coverage on my personal vehicles. Not that I prefer one to the other, it just all depends on who is providing the best value to each customer's specific situation ie. type of vehicle, year, miles, etc.

If anyone has any extended warranty questions, I'd be happy to answer.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
As of yesterday at 3:33PM, OP stated they are denying the 2 authorized repairs. So the OP has not been taken care of. This does not look like an above board operation. If you authorize something, then the work gets done. You can just back out.
ieatfishburritos (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 08:04 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Just in case someone cares, I have a few Fidelity policies and they are straight forward to deal. Bough 1 from Michael Jordan and the 2 latest from Michael Bernardo from Volvo. I would buy from Michael Bernardo again.
Old 06-29-2024, 08:36 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jack F
As of yesterday at 3:33PM, OP stated they are denying the 2 authorized repairs. So the OP has not been taken care of. This does not look like an above board operation. If you authorize something, then the work gets done. You can just back out.
It was either the customer has the Repair Orders #1 and #2 approved, or the customer received the big Repair Order #3 approved. I helped the customer receive approval for the largest Repair Order, Repair Order #3. Please review Repair Order #3 to see the questionable work being billed to the warranty company.

Again, “Section 7: Claims Procedure
3. We will not cover misdiagnosis or repairs done for process of elimination purposes to reach correct diagnosis.”

As a Fidelity Warranty retailer as well, I don't see this situation ending up much different had it been with them.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 06-29-2024 at 08:38 PM.
Old 06-29-2024, 09:15 PM
HardRider
Racer

Received 178 Likes on 122 Posts

So I am late to game but it sounds like an individual selected a dealership that wasn't competent to solve anything. Kept guessing, fired parts canyon and wanting paid. Now the customer is blaming the extended warranty company because the warranty company doesn't want to pay for repairs not needed. ROFLMAO not only is the dealership full of idiots so is the customer. Perfect marriage. Good job Fidelity for not paying the pimps. God forbid anybody in this country is held accountable....
Old 06-29-2024, 10:51 PM
ieatfishburritos
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HardRider
So I am late to game but it sounds like an individual selected a dealership that wasn't competent to solve anything. Kept guessing, fired parts canyon and wanting paid. Now the customer is blaming the extended warranty company because the warranty company doesn't want to pay for repairs not needed. ROFLMAO not only is the dealership full of idiots so is the customer. Perfect marriage. Good job Fidelity for not paying the pimps. God forbid anybody in this country is held accountable....
You're missing the fact the insurer was informed of the recommended repairs, and agreed that it seemed appropriate and approved them. Once something is approved, it' should be approved. It shouldn't later be claimed that the car owner is responsible for something that was previously approved, that is just dirty. There is rarely 100% certainty and what was done seemed reasonable at the time. If it's so obvious it was not the correct repair, why was it approved?
Larson E. Rapp (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 11:13 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ieatfishburritos
You're missing the fact the insurer was informed of the recommended repairs, and agreed that it seemed appropriate and approved them. Once something is approved, it' should be approved. It shouldn't later be claimed that the car owner is responsible for something that was previously approved, that is just dirty. There is rarely 100% certainty and what was done seemed reasonable at the time. If it's so obvious it was not the correct repair, why was it approved?
I agree. Fidelity will send out a rep at times to repair shop to verify what needs to be repaired. Once approved, to reverse the decision, just seems wrong. That might not be legal either. Maybe an attorney could provide clarity.
ieatfishburritos (06-29-2024)
Old 06-29-2024, 11:57 PM
Sledge911
Track Day

I agree. Fidelity will send out a rep at times to repair shop to verify what needs to be repaired. Once approved, to reverse the decision, just seems wrong. That might not be legal either. Maybe an attorney could provide clarity.
I think they only send out reps for large repairs. Looks like in this case they approved smaller repairs without a rep. I would bet they normally trust the dealer. I’m sure smaller shops the warranty company needs to make sure they aren’t getting frauded.
Old 06-30-2024, 12:03 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

An independent inspector was sent out by Freedom Warranty to confirm that the Oil Pump from Repair Order #3 did need to be replaced to fix the vehicle, and is why Freedom Warranty paid to fix the Oil Pump. Freedom Warranty took the word of the service center for Repair Order #1 and Repair Order #2 and had approved them without calling for an inspector to get the customer back on the road as quickly as possible.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
Old 06-30-2024, 12:09 AM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

I think they only send out reps for large repairs. Looks like in this case they approved smaller repairs without a rep. I would bet they normally trust the dealer. I’m sure smaller shops the warranty company needs to make sure they aren’t getting frauded.
Exactly, the warranty company had trusted the dealership with the Repair Order #1 and Repair Order #2 not having an inspector come out, all in the means of getting the customer's vehicle repaired and back on the road as quick as possible. There was never a mention of a possible Repair Order #3 for the Oil Pump on Repair Orders #1 & #2, then the dealership is charging $577.80 to diagnose the Oil Pump on Repair Order #3, that they also claim they knew needed to be possibly replaced since Repair Order #1, but never mentioned it until 2 months after the claim was first opened and filed.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty