Sponsored by:

Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2024, 12:10 PM
rbernard1984
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty

Putting this in the main 991 thread for exposure, as Rennlist was the first place I looked when I picked up my 2015 Panamera TTS.

I purchased the car in November 2023, it was a one owner car bought and serviced its whole life at Porsche Livermore with only 53k miles. Gorgeous spec and options.

After checking with the forum I reached out to Trenton at Highline Auto and purchased an extended warranty on the car.

Fast forward 5 months and the car is getting a service light. I take it into Porsche Reno and the determine the oil pump is faulty and needs replacement. They open a claim with Freedom and the fun starts…

First freedom claims that they cannot honor the claim as the car did not have an oil change within 30 days of purchase. Buried in the fine print is language that your warranty is void if you do not do this. Slimy yes, but I also fault Trenton for not point this out, while annoying would have been fine. However, the car was fully serviced when I purchased, including oil, so I sent them the purchase contract which they said would be sufficient.

Three days later claim is denied. I contact them again and they now claim it was denied because I did not submit proper service records. I explain I submitted what they asked for and was told well they needly more. So I contact Porsche Livermore who sends me all the records, the car is impeccably maintained with 10k mile services up to the day I bought it. I send those into Freedom and wait a few more days. Claim denied again.

I talk to a manager that states they cannot reopen a claim once denied and that they cannot do anything about the repair as I did not submit sufficient records. Even though the records I submitted were the ones they requested.

Freedom intentionally asked for the bare minimum in records and then denied the claim, then hiding behind their “policy” that they don’t review claims again after they are denied and you cannot open a new claim for the same part. They have no appeal process or anyone you can speak too. They let me know if I was unhappy I could reach out to their who can “explain” the contract.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.
Old 06-05-2024, 12:21 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,184 Likes on 711 Posts

sorry to hear, pretty scummy, but unfortunately a lot of such companies

quick search results

Freedom Warranty, LLC | Reviews | Better Business Bureau® Profile (bbb.org)
Old 06-05-2024, 12:42 PM
Nashvegas
Racer

Received 130 Likes on 83 Posts

Next step: Fight to get your money back on the warranty!
The following users liked this post:
Booth9999 (06-08-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 12:50 PM
jdgamble
Racer

Received 49 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Nashvegas
Next step: Fight to get your money back on the warranty!
This. You should be able to get a prorated refund. And the seller should be able to pay the difference out of goodwill.
Old 06-05-2024, 01:14 PM
2010panny4S
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 76 Posts

Yep you can cancel you extended warranty and they give you back what's left over from that point of cancelation.

I did that on my Panamera when I sold it, called Fidelity, no issues, they refunded a check to me for the left over.
Old 06-05-2024, 01:43 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 484 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by rbernard1984
Putting this in the main 991 thread for exposure, as Rennlist was the first place I looked when I picked up my 2015 Panamera TTS.

I purchased the car in November 2023, it was a one owner car bought and serviced its whole life at Porsche Livermore with only 53k miles. Gorgeous spec and options.

After checking with the forum I reached out to Trenton at Highline Auto and purchased an extended warranty on the car.

Fast forward 5 months and the car is getting a service light. I take it into Porsche Reno and the determine the oil pump is faulty and needs replacement. They open a claim with Freedom and the fun starts…

First freedom claims that they cannot honor the claim as the car did not have an oil change within 30 days of purchase. Buried in the fine print is language that your warranty is void if you do not do this. Slimy yes, but I also fault Trenton for not point this out, while annoying would have been fine. However, the car was fully serviced when I purchased, including oil, so I sent them the purchase contract which they said would be sufficient.

Three days later claim is denied. I contact them again and they now claim it was denied because I did not submit proper service records. I explain I submitted what they asked for and was told well they needly more. So I contact Porsche Livermore who sends me all the records, the car is impeccably maintained with 10k mile services up to the day I bought it. I send those into Freedom and wait a few more days. Claim denied again.

I talk to a manager that states they cannot reopen a claim once denied and that they cannot do anything about the repair as I did not submit sufficient records. Even though the records I submitted were the ones they requested.

Freedom intentionally asked for the bare minimum in records and then denied the claim, then hiding behind their “policy” that they don’t review claims again after they are denied and you cannot open a new claim for the same part. They have no appeal process or anyone you can speak too. They let me know if I was unhappy I could reach out to their who can “explain” the contract.

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.
Sir I wish you would wait until the matter has been resolved, it has been less than an hour since we spoke this morning and brought this to my attention, and I am going through my channels for answers and clarifications. As I stated over the phone, I do not see the claim as denied and you have approx. $2,000 allocated for your repair. Please bear with me.

Trenton O. Gibson
tgibson@highline-autos.com
Highline Autos
Direct: 602.909.9216
Office: 480.348.0777

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 03 https://bit.ly/3wTsNzM

The following 4 users liked this post by Highline-Autos.com:
Booth9999 (06-08-2024), detansinn (06-05-2024), SConn (06-05-2024), sjyokel (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 03:06 PM
VII7
Racer

Received 141 Likes on 93 Posts

This /\
Work with your agent and fight for a resolution, if they still deny and amount is high enough a letter from a lawyer might nudge them.

Do appreciate you posting the warning but would recommend you wait until it's finalized to post the story.
The following 4 users liked this post by VII7:
detansinn (06-05-2024), Ditchhanger (07-03-2024), Highline-Autos.com (06-05-2024), SConn (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 03:35 PM
MingusDew
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,177 Likes on 594 Posts

I mean, it would be great if they do resolve it, but he’s doing a service to the community bringing to light all of the fine print that is intended to void your warranty claims. Plus, it’s good to know the insurance first response is to try to deny and void your warranty using the clauses they put in the contract. Regardless of how it’s resolved after all this escalation, their first response really does speak volumes to the character of business they operate.
The following 8 users liked this post by MingusDew:
ace10 (06-06-2024), Booth9999 (06-08-2024), Curvfun (06-07-2024), George from MD (06-05-2024), Holger B (06-05-2024), Honda (06-06-2024), Larson E. Rapp (06-05-2024), porsche14426 (06-10-2024) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 06-05-2024, 03:50 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by MingusDew
I mean, it would be great if they do resolve it, but he’s doing a service to the community bringing to light all of the fine print that is intended to void your warranty claims. Plus, it’s good to know the insurance first response is to try to deny and void your warranty using the clauses they put in the contract. Regardless of how it’s resolved after all this escalation, their first response really does speak volumes to the character of business they operate.
The extensive service history and the oil change at purchase of the vehicle is sufficient, again I wish this had come to me first. The oil change with-in 30 days is for vehicles without any records of service history, obviously doesn't not apply here.

Unfortunately mistakes and confusion does occur when reaching out to the general number of any company. I had a customer reach out to Fidelity's similar customer service number, and someone at Fidelity told the customer they've never heard of Highline Autos... we've been a retailer of theirs for over 2 years, it was all smoothed over after, but I much rather customers or potential customers reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns first.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 06-05-2024 at 03:54 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Highline-Autos.com:
detansinn (06-05-2024), SConn (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 04:14 PM
rbernard1984
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
The extensive service history and the oil change at purchase of the vehicle is sufficient, again I wish this had come to me first. The oil change with-in 30 days is for vehicles without any records of service history, obviously doesn't not apply here.

Unfortunately mistakes and confusion does occur when reaching out to the general number of any company. I had a customer reach out to Fidelity's similar customer service number, and someone at Fidelity told the customer they've never heard of Highline Autos... we've been a retailer of theirs for over 2 years, it was all smoothed over after, but I much rather customers or potential customers reach out to me directly with any questions or concerns first.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
Attached is the email I received from Freedom, which then triggered me spending almost an hour on the phone with various “managers.” All to get no where and be told the claim would not be paid and that no further claims could be made related to the failure, which triggered a call to you. As it stands, this does not appear to be a mistake, but policy. If Freedom does correct the issue I would be happy to let the forum know that as well.

Old 06-05-2024, 04:18 PM
K996
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts

This is a bad look and one reason I'm still on the fence about an aftermarket warranty when my cpo expires...

But I can say that after being a naïve homeowner and contacting my insurance company for a storm damaged roof, only to spend months jumping through hoops and getting NOWHERE with them... I can say that having an advocate like your agent, the service manager, or a roofing company, basically someone who deals with this day in and day out is likely to result in a better outcome.
Yes this is unfortunate but that's the world we live in now.

I dont blame the original poster for his frustration but I think this is also a potentially good thing to see how Highline can support the customer after the policy is sold.
The following 2 users liked this post by K996:
Nashvegas (06-05-2024), SConn (06-12-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 04:31 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by rbernard1984
Attached is the email I received from Freedom, which then triggered me spending almost an hour on the phone with various “managers.” All to get no where and be told the claim would not be paid and that no further claims could be made related to the failure, which triggered a call to you. As it stands, this does not appear to be a mistake, but policy. If Freedom does correct the issue I would be happy to let the forum know that as well.
Ryan, I'm working on it and think this does not need be discussed until resolved, here is the update since this morning.

"In April they sent in the claim for an oil pressure sensor. We APRROVED it.
Then a week or so later the shop says they now need to add oil pressure regulator. We then, APPROVED that as well.
Now 2-3 weeks after that they say they need to add an oil pump! If it happened in a short time frame it would make sense, but this is over the course of like a month or so it looks like, but it’s all under the same claim. So weird. Don’t see that too often.

I’m having my people look at it...."- Our Freedom Warranty Dealer Manager.

Trenton O. Gibson
Highline Autos
detansinn (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 05:53 PM
rnl
Burning Brakes

Received 451 Likes on 200 Posts

Pardon me for saying this, but it is my opinion that non-manufacturers extended warranties are for suckers. Insurance companies are just large established bookies. House always win.

just my opinion. Take it for what it is worth
The following 2 users liked this post by rnl:
George from MD (06-05-2024), GoTime (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 06:07 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 565 Likes on 285 Posts

I would never do an extended, after market warranty. If it truly benefited most consumers it would not be offered or the cost would be much higher. The companies offering them are cash flow positive on them otherwise they would not offer the product. For every one story of my transmission broke, thank god for my extended warranty, there are 10 that had no issues and wasted the money on the warranty. If you do not have the income to deal with unexpected maintenance issue maybe buy the warranty or just do not buy a car like a 911 that can have unexpected very expensive repairs.
George from MD (06-05-2024)
Old 06-05-2024, 07:03 PM
Jpbarnlight
Rennlist Member

Received 92 Likes on 38 Posts

I had a Ford platinum factory warranty on my F150. Purchased it new with the vehicle.

They wouldn’t replace the electrical defrost in my rear sliding glass, because they said glass isn’t covered.

I told them when the button on the dashboard doesn’t illuminate this isn’t glass. It is an electrical issue.

I got an absolutely nowhere and had no recourse.

I never expected Ford Motor Company to treat a customer so poorly.

My point is, a lot of these warranties don’t seem worth the paper they’re written on.
But they’re sure willing to collect your money quickly.

I wish you the best, Hopefully they step up and do the right thing. It’s clearly so stacked in their favor, just making excuses to not pay.

Quick Reply: Do Not Buy: Freedom Warranty