Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2023, 06:55 PM
duxsi
Burning Brakes

Received 176 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluey
Update:

It just keeps getting better…

I just went into the dealership to pick up the 991 and tell them I’m not doing any other service (just did 90k service) and they gouged the leather on my drivers seat and left two scratches that I can feel with my finger nail in my back bumper.

I am not happy right now.
Happened to me too at my scumbag Porsche dealer.
Had them fix it and you couldn't tell where the repaired spot was.
Old 11-24-2023, 08:57 PM
Bluey
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
What are they telling you?
They’re going to have it sent to a leather repair guy and then a paint shop. I’ve got to get it all scheduled now along side the pdk service at another shop. Fun fun.
Old 11-24-2023, 10:00 PM
Jonny9999991
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

They’re going to have it sent to a leather repair guy and then a paint shop. I’ve got to get it all scheduled now along side the pdk service at another shop. Fun fun.
You’re too nice, you have to change your mindset, 99% of dealers are money grabbing scum.

Because when you go for a 111 inspection, you get “sorry sir your dot numbers are different, it’s a fail” or “ sorry sir but your right tyre is wearing unevenly and we need to change your right shock, right tyre and since they should be changed in pairs, here is a 9k bill for the trouble” when a reasonable sum would be 2k or even 3k incl p tax. Don’t forget the 4 wheel alignment needed after that’s another 999+ tax 🙈

I would give them a taste of their own medicine and say, you don’t want a repair which could potentially wear differently to other areas and that there’s no guarantee it’s going to last, for your peace of mind you want all the leather reupholstered to match.

I dare you…
Old 11-25-2023, 12:22 AM
Bluey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Jonny9999991
You’re too nice, you have to change your mindset, 99% of dealers are money grabbing scum.

Because when you go for a 111 inspection, you get “sorry sir your dot numbers are different, it’s a fail” or “ sorry sir but your right tyre is wearing unevenly and we need to change your right shock, right tyre and since they should be changed in pairs, here is a 9k bill for the trouble” when a reasonable sum would be 2k or even 3k incl p tax. Don’t forget the 4 wheel alignment needed after that’s another 999+ tax 🙈

I would give them a taste of their own medicine and say, you don’t want a repair which could potentially wear differently to other areas and that there’s no guarantee it’s going to last, for your peace of mind you want all the leather reupholstered to match.

I dare you…
I’m not doing the scheduling myself, just saying I have to now coordinate with the dealership while they get everything scheduled.

You better believe I’m going to ask what their plans are for fixing the blemishes. I don’t want them messing things up even more lol.
Old 11-25-2023, 11:51 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,962 Likes on 937 Posts

Originally Posted by barncobob
Im seriously contemplating switching brands due to how the only Por dealer here treats its customers..
lol
Old 11-26-2023, 11:19 AM
mffarrell
Drifting

Received 237 Likes on 171 Posts

don’t want them messing things up even more lol.

Trust me, they will! Ask me how I know.
Old 11-26-2023, 01:17 PM
Bluey
Intermediate

Originally Posted by mffarrell
don’t want them messing things up even more lol.

Trust me, they will! Ask me how I know.
Ugh, what did they do?
Old 11-26-2023, 01:27 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Ugh, what did they do?
Had my car in for service, in the two days at the dealership they managed to cause curb rash to the right front wheel, scratch the rear bumper and gouge the leather in both door panels. Total damage was in excess of $10K, which they replaced both door panels, repainted the rear bumper and repaired the front wheel. (Dealer outsourced paint and wheel repair)

My car was in the shop for 10 days. Never again will my car see a Porsche dealer, full stop!
Old 11-26-2023, 01:34 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,141 Likes on 684 Posts

geez

the more you hear, the worse it gets
The following users liked this post:
Elmiko (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 01:38 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,707 Likes on 944 Posts

Had my car in for service, in the two days at the dealership they managed to cause curb rash to the right front wheel, scratch the rear bumper and gouge the leather in both door panels. Total damage was in excess of $10K, which they replaced both door panels, repainted the rear bumper and repaired the front wheel. (Dealer outsourced paint and wheel repair)

My car was in the shop for 10 days. Never again will my car see a Porsche dealer, full stop!
^ Technically they should have replaced the wheel. Porsche repair procedures do not allow wheel repairs when metal is exposed, only replacement.

https://rts.i-car.com/collision-repa.../crn-1006.html
Old 11-26-2023, 01:53 PM
Larson E. Rapp
Pro

Received 314 Likes on 190 Posts

Kind of surprised that filler material isn't used in wheel repair. It shouldn't be necessary to remove any more metal to fix a scratch... should it?
Old 11-26-2023, 02:04 PM
Bluey
Intermediate

Oh wow, I don’t even know what to say.

What dealer was this??
Old 11-26-2023, 02:35 PM
Zhao
Drifting

Received 1,707 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Larson E. Rapp
Kind of surprised that filler material isn't used in wheel repair. It shouldn't be necessary to remove any more metal to fix a scratch... should it?
I dont fix wheels so this information may be garbage (but I do run an autobody shop), but aluminum imperfections generally need to be eliminated to fix aluminum so filling over damage may have liability.

With Aluminum tiny imperfections can lead to large ones over time and cause a failure. Just a little tear in a panel can sheer the entire panel. A crack in a structural component over time gets exponentially worse. That is why on modern P-cars with a lot of aluminum structure we do not repair much of anything and cars can get written off for very minor damage to certain components, like a tear in the floor structure. might seem minor to a layman and how could that possibly be a problem!... but over time that can work itself into a total failure of the entire component and you'd never know until you just end up dead one day because your seat was attached to a component that broke loose, or the car took a side hit it should have taken easily with just crushing components safely and instead separated and sliced you in 2. Porsche doesn't allow repair nor sell the replacement components for certain structural components (somewhere out there there literally is a gt4 that was written off for hitting an object on the road and doing a 1inch tear in the floor structure). Some of what they do sell requires huge pieces to be sectioned in, like an entire front end in front of the firewall regardless of how severe it is when certain components are hit.

Fixing wheels is low risk and I wouldn't worry about it at all, but there still is risk there and the dealer didn't fix it how they should have according to Porsche. When they charge $200-300 a hour on service they're probably paying the tech $30 to do they should be able to afford to follow procedures.
The following users liked this post:
Larson E. Rapp (11-26-2023)
Old 11-26-2023, 03:00 PM
mffarrell
Drifting

Oh wow, I don’t even know what to say.

What dealer was this??
I would rather not post here, but if you really want to know DM me.
Old 11-26-2023, 09:47 PM
justbob
Instructor

Received 118 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
$300/hr is the highest dealer rate I have heard of by $75. Where are you located?

based on battery quote alone I think they are being unreasonable. Get other shop to diagnose.

when is the last time plugs were changed?
Down here in SW Florida, Naples and Fort Myers are at $400 a hour. My indy is at $145.

Quick Reply: Sanity check on dealer service quotes for a few issues on my 2016 C2