Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

DSC V3, anyone else kind of “meh”?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2022, 06:09 PM
Burnt Reynolds
Advanced

Received 38 Likes on 17 Posts
Default DSC V3, anyone else kind of “meh”?

Had mine in the car about 6 weeks now. The new RS version.

2017 c2, PASM, techart springs, Cobb tune, few other mods. Ride height is zeroed…

Definitely gives more comfort to the overall ride but also somehow allows for more body roll which I cannot stand. I’m full time in the sport suspension setting too.

If you want sedan type comfort out of your 911 then this is a 10/10 must buy. That said, I think I’ll give it another month or two and play with the settings some. If no improvement I’ll be sending it down the road. Pun intended.

Thoughts? Am I the only one thinking this way? Any set and forget suspension settings I can adjust to eliminate the body roll? Seems like I’m overlooking some type of adjustment given what this unit is purportedly capable of. Not to mention the universal rave reviews on RL.

Popular Reply

03-11-2022, 10:48 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Received 1,987 Likes on 945 Posts

I felt EXACTLY how most of you feel.. Not "I dont like it, cant feel it, I am removing it'.. but more like "what is it really doing anyways"

UNTIL I took it off my .1 GTS PDK to sell that car. The V3 was so effective that I had forgotten how "bad' stock S-PASM suspension really was (of course in comparison)

The ONE drive without DSC reminded me WHY I added the DSC and Why it was the first thing I added back on my .1 GTS Manual. If you cant feel it, you are one of those people who aren't sensitive to incremental and progressive changes.
The ride with V3 is supple like the Ohlins Race shocks on my Race Superbike felt supple and more comfortable than ****ty stock suspension on My (many) race bikes.

For those who confuse rigidity, harshness and firm suspension for "Good" or "sporty suspension", this is NOT for you. Watch any race car, motorcycle in slow motion (going over bumps) and you will see it literally floating over the bumps. THAT is what V3 does
Plus faster more responsive rebound, compression and damping.

the fact that many owners cannot feel the difference, is a testament to the owner's expectation, experience and dare I say skillset than it is about the product and its effectiveness

Old 03-11-2022, 06:22 PM
737gdog
Burning Brakes

Received 562 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnt Reynolds
Had mine in the car about 6 weeks now. The new RS version.

2017 c2, PASM, techart springs, Cobb tune, few other mods. Ride height is zeroed…

Definitely gives more comfort to the overall ride but also somehow allows for more body roll which I cannot stand. I’m full time in the sport suspension setting too.

If you want sedan type comfort out of your 911 then this is a 10/10 must buy. That said, I think I’ll give it another month or two and play with the settings some. If no improvement I’ll be sending it down the road. Pun intended.

Thoughts? Am I the only one thinking this way? Any set and forget suspension settings I can adjust to eliminate the body roll? Seems like I’m overlooking some type of adjustment given what this unit is purportedly capable of. Not to mention the universal rave reviews on RL.
I guess I just do not understand the reasoning behind this as I am not looking for more comfort in my 911. Very happy with the car as is. Guessing the controller has other settings that firm things up and make the car feel more planted?
Old 03-11-2022, 07:11 PM
jfischet
Three Wheelin'

Received 619 Likes on 363 Posts

i haven't installed my new V3 RS version yet and this post is scaring me. heh. watching for more input.
Old 03-11-2022, 07:22 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 149 Posts

I have KW HAS springs that are Litchfield Motors in England specs and have the RS file in my DSC. I have had the DSC for about a year and tried other programs. The normal setting is a little soft for me but the sport setting is perfect. I notice much less roll in the corners and the car does not porpoise like it did and goes over bad roads very very well. I think it is fantastic and only use Sport setting even on bad roads. I was considering stiffer sway bars but now I don't think it is necessary since I have little roll in the corners.
Old 03-11-2022, 08:31 PM
Burnt Reynolds
Advanced

Originally Posted by 737gdog
I guess I just do not understand the reasoning behind this as I am not looking for more comfort in my 911. Very happy with the car as is. Guessing the controller has other settings that firm things up and make the car feel more planted?
In my mind, what I was buying was the planted, 911 dialed suspension… but a bit better over bad roads. I figured wth only $1500 to try it out. If it’s as good as the reviews it’s a net gain, worst case I’m unhappy and sell it.

That said, in its plug and play mode it’s not worth it relative to my personal tastes. However, there’s got to be a “program” I can enter to get what I want out of it. Best of both worlds so to speak. Trouble is I’m not a tech/track/tuning guru. I just like to rail in my car on back roads.

frankly, it turned my car into my bmw. Which I sold because I wanted Porsche handling lol
Old 03-11-2022, 08:34 PM
Burnt Reynolds
Advanced

Originally Posted by jfischet
i haven't installed my new V3 RS version yet and this post is scaring me. heh. watching for more input.
nah, just embrace it. Try it out for a few thousand miles and report back here.

I’d prefer to love it! But I need inputs into the actual programming of the unit. For lay people that is….
Old 03-11-2022, 08:39 PM
F355bob
Rennlist Member

Received 288 Likes on 149 Posts

In my mind, what I was buying was the planted, 911 dialed suspension… but a bit better over bad roads. I figured wth only $1500 to try it out. If it’s as good as the reviews it’s a net gain, worst case I’m unhappy and sell it.

That said, in its plug and play mode it’s not worth it relative to my personal tastes. However, there’s got to be a “program” I can enter to get what I want out of it. Best of both worlds so to speak. Trouble is I’m not a tech/track/tuning guru. I just like to rail in my car on back roads.

frankly, it turned my car into my bmw. Which I sold because I wanted Porsche handling lol
Load the GT3 RS file. I think that would be stiffer than the RS and maybe give you want you want.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:08 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 742 Likes on 526 Posts

The suspension in my 991.2 C4GTS must be different since I find that the ride quality is very good. Never thought about getting this.
The following users liked this post:
IrocMan (07-09-2024)
Old 03-11-2022, 10:27 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,734 Likes on 876 Posts

People swear by them.
But only mod I've removed.
Old 03-11-2022, 10:31 PM
D2M
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

Same here, I had it one day and went back to stock.. Simply not for me.. (991.2 with SPASM)
Old 03-11-2022, 10:48 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

I felt EXACTLY how most of you feel.. Not "I dont like it, cant feel it, I am removing it'.. but more like "what is it really doing anyways"

UNTIL I took it off my .1 GTS PDK to sell that car. The V3 was so effective that I had forgotten how "bad' stock S-PASM suspension really was (of course in comparison)

The ONE drive without DSC reminded me WHY I added the DSC and Why it was the first thing I added back on my .1 GTS Manual. If you cant feel it, you are one of those people who aren't sensitive to incremental and progressive changes.
The ride with V3 is supple like the Ohlins Race shocks on my Race Superbike felt supple and more comfortable than ****ty stock suspension on My (many) race bikes.

For those who confuse rigidity, harshness and firm suspension for "Good" or "sporty suspension", this is NOT for you. Watch any race car, motorcycle in slow motion (going over bumps) and you will see it literally floating over the bumps. THAT is what V3 does

the fact that many owners cannot feel the difference, is a testament to the owner's expectation, experience and dare I say skillset than it is about the product and its effectiveness

The following 11 users liked this post by desmotesta:
911Raider (10-24-2023), GT3FZS (03-12-2022), Jeahbladejeah (03-15-2022), Jon D (03-12-2022), Live Steam (03-12-2022), Pb Pedis (03-12-2022), Porsche911GTS'16 (03-11-2022), Tangerine (03-14-2022), The Ox (03-12-2022), Tier1Terrier (10-23-2023), tmarino (Yesterday) and 6 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 03-11-2022, 10:55 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 776 Likes on 523 Posts

I was considering DSC a month ago and passed. Im betting we are kinda the same
Old 03-11-2022, 10:57 PM
Ksdaoski
Rennlist Member

Received 1,734 Likes on 876 Posts

Originally Posted by desmotesta

Muhahahahahahahaha.
Who said anything about not feeling the difference?
Bit presumptuous....
Old 03-11-2022, 11:02 PM
D2M
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts

I definitely felt the difference straight away. I just didn't like the way the car behaved or the way each tire loaded up when cornering hard. Seemed to me like the front especially loaded too fast when entering a corner quickly. Even in sport mode it felt sloppy, more luxury than performance, just didn't inspire confidence, especially in the front end. Plus side is it only takes a few minutes to swap and I sold it for what I bought it for.. Not saying the product is bad, just a matter of taste and driving style, when cruising its great. It did what it was supposed to do, I just didn't like it at all.. I like to rip around pretty fast, I drive my 911 like a rental..

Old 03-11-2022, 11:05 PM
desmotesta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ksdaoski
Muhahahahahahahaha.
Who said anything about not feeling the difference?
Bit presumptuous....
hey I am a 2wheel racer.. what the hell do I know about 4 wheels anyways,

take it with a grain of salt (from the pop corn I ended my post with ) LOL

Quick Reply: DSC V3, anyone else kind of “meh”?