Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche DME and Transmission control reprogram "AMC0" (To address Stop Sale)

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2022 | 06:42 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Got mine done today. Absolutely more usable on the streets. I dare say it is more fun too. No loss of pops and crackles either, in fact I think there is more.
The following 2 users liked this post by Porsche_nuts:
Chuck245 (07-01-2022), shammerman (06-18-2022)
Old 06-18-2022 | 10:19 PM
Ivyplaya01
Rennlist Member

Did you all see the class action settlement?

“VW also will pay $250 to owners of Porsche vehicles with "Sport+" driving mode that exceeded emissions limits when driven in that mode. They will receive the payment when they complete emissions compliant repair software updates that will reduce vehicles' emissions.”

settlement still awaiting judge approval,

I still don’t enjoy the update. $250 to neuter the car is ridiculous. Thankfully with warmer weather my crackles and burbles are back. I just don’t like the shifting now in auto sport + mode. so I leave in manual shift mode. I have no scientific evidence other than what I like or don’t like. $250 is nice but kinda ridiculous when performance has been affected. Just my opinion,
Old 07-01-2022 | 10:24 AM
Ginzo
Advanced

Just had mine done. Agree 100% with all the positive feedback that has been given. No regrets or second thoughts. Sport plus auto is usable on the street and is a lot of fun now. My Porsche dealership service rep said he has had no negative feedback.
The following 2 users liked this post by Ginzo:
Chuck245 (07-01-2022), shammerman (07-03-2022)
Old 07-01-2022 | 11:16 AM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

Sport Plus is aka Track Mode and was designed to be fun on the track.
The following users liked this post:
BGLeduc (07-01-2022)
Old 07-01-2022 | 12:08 PM
Snip's
Advanced

I'm conflicted with PDK Sport Plus being so desirable for track use.... It's like running an automatic on the track..... Is that desirable?

Put the PDK in manual and shift it yourself while on the track..... Then put it back in automatic on your way home.... Or not, and continue shifting in manual mode...

Seems like moving Sport Plus to being more useable on the street would be a good thing.....
Old 07-01-2022 | 12:12 PM
CarreraFahrer
Racer

I shift mine manually on the street and use auto on track. Just like the race cars.
Old 07-01-2022 | 03:15 PM
Ginzo
Advanced

Originally Posted by CarreraFahrer
Sport Plus is aka Track Mode and was designed to be fun on the track.
But I don’t track my Porsche.. If one does probably best not to do the recall.
Old 07-01-2022 | 03:22 PM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Originally Posted by Ivyplaya01
Did you all see the class action settlement?

“VW also will pay $250 to owners of Porsche vehicles with "Sport+" driving mode that exceeded emissions limits when driven in that mode. They will receive the payment when they complete emissions compliant repair software updates that will reduce vehicles' emissions.”

settlement still awaiting judge approval,

I still don’t enjoy the update. $250 to neuter the car is ridiculous. Thankfully with warmer weather my crackles and burbles are back. I just don’t like the shifting now in auto sport + mode. so I leave in manual shift mode. I have no scientific evidence other than what I like or don’t like. $250 is nice but kinda ridiculous when performance has been affected. Just my opinion,
In what way is the car "neutered"? Please cite before and after performance figures that lead you to that conclusion (and sources) so we can understand your assessment.
The following 3 users liked this post by chuckbdc:
BGLeduc (07-01-2022), Chuck245 (07-01-2022), shammerman (07-03-2022)
Old 07-12-2022 | 09:26 PM
Snip's
Advanced

Took my 2016 Cayman S into the dealer today and had the AMCO update performed...
I personally like the change.... I never intend to track the car and before the change the Sport + was not enjoyable for use on the street.... Now with the change it is...
Not that I intend to use Sport + always for the street.. Normally I switch back and forth with normal and Sport.... With Sport + it's having another tune available for the street if desired....
shammerman (07-12-2022)
Old 07-28-2022 | 03:39 PM
d0nwhit
2nd Gear

All of this thread seems to be about PDK. I have a '16 CS M/T with the Sport Chrono package. I received a lawsuit email and my car is included. No recall notice yet. Does anybody know if there is or will be some sort of recall work requested for mine? Another forum thread covers it maybe?
Old 08-01-2022 | 02:33 PM
PorscheC2S
Racer

Originally Posted by d0nwhit
All of this thread seems to be about PDK. I have a '16 CS M/T with the Sport Chrono package. I received a lawsuit email and my car is included. No recall notice yet. Does anybody know if there is or will be some sort of recall work requested for mine? Another forum thread covers it maybe?

I want to say that you need to have the recall performed in order to be eligible for it but I could also be wrong as well
Old 08-01-2022 | 05:48 PM
pfan
Pro

Originally Posted by d0nwhit
I would imagine Porsche is working on a repair, but, if not, the payment will still be available.

4.3. Sport+ Class Member Benefits. The benefits available to a Sport+ Class Member who does not opt out of the Class depend on whether Porsche makes available an Emissions Compliant Repair for the Sport+ Class Vehicle owned by a class member. If an Emissions Compliant Repair is available by the time of the Final Approval Order, then the owners of those vehicles will be offered an Emission Compliant Repair and, upon completion of the ECR, Sport+ Cash Benefits. If an Emissions Compliant Repair is not available for any Sport+ Class Vehicle by the time of the Final Approval Order, the Sport+ Class Members who own those Sport+ Class Vehicles will nevertheless be entitled to submit a claim for Sport+ Cash Benefits.To the extent a repair to reduce emissions in Sport+ Mode becomes available for those vehicles following the Final Approval Order, Porsche will make that repair available to the current owners of all such Sport+ Class Vehicles free of charge.
Old 08-20-2022 | 12:04 AM
Boxsterjbc
Rennlist Member

Just an update about California renewal. My registration renewal, due in September, didn’t say anything about this recall. Smog was due, tech said a recall came up when he was performing but it didn’t tell him what the recall was about. I did inform him about it and he said if it was mandatory it should have shown up on the registration renewal. Everything passed 😎. Hope this helps.

John
Old 08-20-2022 | 02:07 PM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

I've used Sport+ more after the reprograming on some mountain roads and love it.

I still have to toggle back to Sport once in a while because when driving hard especially around some tight twisties it hangs in to low of a gear for my liking.

I also signed up for my class action payment and I think after reading everything I'm going to get just over $600
shammerman (08-21-2022)
Old 08-20-2022 | 02:57 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Does anyone know through the various readings if there is an approximate date when payments will be made?

Quick Reply: Porsche DME and Transmission control reprogram "AMC0" (To address Stop Sale)