Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PDK question

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2021 | 12:45 AM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ark20
If paying an extra $1500 guarantees the PDK is covered then I would certainly do it. There is a lot of ambiguity on this forum with PDK and 3rd party warranty(and levels) which is understandable. Although i don’t think I have come across any thread where a powertrain warranty holder was declined a transmission with the same codes as me. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m thinking of calling Fidelity to find out how they determined that my situation was a candidate for a new transmission. Would that be helpful for folks?
Good point; I haven't read anything about a powertrain warranty holder being denied. But, in all things disseminating from this forum, we're talking about a small, vocal subset of owners. Which I suppose could swing both ways, either over or underestimating the breadth of the problem.

Yes, and info from Fidelity would go a long way to supporting this never ending list of threads and questions on the matter. Thanks!
The following users liked this post:
Fullyield (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021 | 08:37 AM
Fullyield
Drifting

Originally Posted by Ark20
If paying an extra $1500 guarantees the PDK is covered then I would certainly do it. There is a lot of ambiguity on this forum with PDK and 3rd party warranty(and levels) which is understandable. Although i don’t think I have come across any thread where a powertrain warranty holder was declined a transmission with the same codes as me. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I’m thinking of calling Fidelity to find out how they determined that my situation was a candidate for a new transmission. Would that be helpful for folks?
Complicating this conversation is the fact that some PDK’s are being replaced because of a seal leak as opposed to a distance sensor. Both require the PDK case to be cracked to fix which Porsche discourages. This could be a very important distinction depending on how the warranty to is worded and leading to a quandary over the power train v. Gold v. Platinum Fidelity warranty decision. As PV 997 suggested, I could probably live with a slight seal leak if I had no warranty. But, distance sensor fault usually renders car inoperable sooner or later so that issue must be addressed.
The following users liked this post:
noahabel (09-14-2021)

Quick Reply: PDK question