Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mysterious chime

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2021, 10:05 PM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Just turn off notifications on the Bluetooth connection to the PCM on your phone. Again, the fix is on your phone, not on the car PCM.

Last edited by Al.Fresco; 04-15-2021 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:42 PM
Icebreaker
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by Al.Fresco
Just turn off notifications on the Bluetooth connection to the PCM on your phone. Again, the fix is on your phone, not on the car PCM.

I have an android that is about to learn to fly. I sear they change the software versions every week. Pilot error is one thing, but this platform is not conducive to people that have a life outside gaming or social media.

Also, odd that it only happens in the Porsche. No other vehicle picks up on this alert and sends out a "tone". I'm so frustrated... after tons of google searches, I still can't get a Galaxy 10 menu that remotely looks like bluetooth notifications on my phone. The bright side is there is another update to install a new bug.

I am happy for your conflict resolution. I hope to experience the same joy soon! Maybe with a switch to an iPhone.

Old 04-16-2021, 12:14 AM
Al.Fresco
Three Wheelin'

Received 327 Likes on 187 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker
I have an android that is about to learn to fly. I sear they change the software versions every week. Pilot error is one thing, but this platform is not conducive to people that have a life outside gaming or social media.

Also, odd that it only happens in the Porsche. No other vehicle picks up on this alert and sends out a "tone". I'm so frustrated... after tons of google searches, I still can't get a Galaxy 10 menu that remotely looks like bluetooth notifications on my phone. The bright side is there is another update to install a new bug.

I am happy for your conflict resolution. I hope to experience the same joy soon! Maybe with a switch to an iPhone.
Try looking in the details of your Bluetooth settings, under the PCM connection. May have to go into advance settings or something....but it’s in the Bluetooth connections area.
Old 04-16-2021, 04:36 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Received 441 Likes on 284 Posts

Originally Posted by Icebreaker

I have a Galaxy 10 too. Click the tools icon, go to this menu, and scroll to find the miscreant app.

Old 04-16-2021, 08:24 AM
TwinTurbo420
Racer

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by blue993
It turns out it's the PCM and incoming texts.
That is why I suggested you turn your phone completely off & see if it stops but, you said it happens when you had forgotten your phone at home?

How can your PCM alert you to a text when your phone is miles away?
Old 04-16-2021, 09:15 PM
blue993
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, think the tech resolved it. He cleared the old memory in the PCM and then re-paired it with my phone. On the phone settings go to BlueTooth. It'll show that the paired device is PCM. On my phone to the right side of the screen is settings for PCM with four check boxes. the last box is Message Access and all we did was uncheck that box. i hope it works for you.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:19 PM
blue993
Intermediate

You're correct it's the Android phone/Bluetooth settings not the PCM
Old 04-16-2021, 09:22 PM
blue993
Intermediate

You're right TT it's an easily remedied Android phone/Bluetooth settings issue.

Quick Reply: Mysterious chime