Sponsored by:

My 991.1 to 991.2 Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2023, 01:20 AM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Conversion .1 to .2

Home run on that massive mod!!! Wow that had to be a pretty penny. I am complaining about the expense of the Techart rear wing by itself but you transformed your car from front to back and it looks incredible. What looks to be the most recent wheels, first pics look by far the best IMO.. Really great job

Originally Posted by JuanK20
Hi All, I used to have a 997 years ago, then took a break from the P-Car world and went back to BMW M-Cars, and now i'm back with a 991. Here are some before and after pics of my 991. I bought this car in 3 months ago and It is about 90% complete. Everything including headlights, DRL's and tail lights was pretty much plug and play. Bumpers, lights and exhaust are OEM GT3. Major thanks to the Rennlisters on here that have been answering questions through PM's and text to help me with this project. If it wasn't for Rennlist, i probably would not have even thought about doing any of this.

Before:

After:

Shout out to:

@whoadude For inspiring the GT3 look on a Carrera and being helpful through PM's & showing how a WB rear bumper fits a NB.
@hyp991 For his thread on the 991.2 rear and showing it's all mostly plug and play
@911. For helping me with ideas on the GT3 latch/lock mechanism. @97supratt For helping and selling me the OEM GT3 Crossmember/plate
@SoCal C2S For helping out with my Fitment questions and @SealGrey997 for the wheels.
@polobai For his thread on the GT Sideskirts
and thanks to @Zee007 for hooking me up with the tail lights.

Let me just get this out the way: I know some will love it, some may not like mods, and some Rocket Scientist will probably say something like "YoU sHoUld hAvE jUsT bOuGhT a GT3". Also, i'm not trying to be a "poser" i just really like the the aggressive styling of the GT cars, sorry if that is against the law.

Thanks all!

Updated pics:

November Update: Went back to dark wheels for the winter. I feel like the black wheels make the car look a bit more aggressive and less "show". They're 20" Advan GT wheels

The following 4 users liked this post by PVKPorsche:
Booth9999 (10-03-2023), JuanK20 (03-19-2024), Lee Turner (10-02-2023), Viper1000 (10-02-2023)
Old 10-02-2023, 12:41 PM
Rogon55
Instructor

Received 62 Likes on 39 Posts

Congrats the car looks great you did a fantastic job, and if you're happy that's all that matters, but badge or no badge all the changes is posing no matter how you slice it, with that said is your car looks good and you're the one driving it.
I have a 991.1 Carrera S with factory Sport Design pkg that only says 911 in the bumper, some people have asked me why the Carrera S badge delete, my answer, I know is an S. To each its own.
The following users liked this post:
JuanK20 (03-19-2024)
Old 10-02-2023, 03:11 PM
Lee Turner
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Car looks amazing and the black wheels make it look so much better again. Congratulations on an outstanding job.
JuanK20 (03-19-2024)
Old 10-02-2023, 05:20 PM
Emefef
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Rogon55
Congrats the car looks great you did a fantastic job, and if you're happy that's all that matters, but badge or no badge all the changes is posing no matter how you slice it, with that said is your car looks good and you're the one driving it.
I have a 991.1 Carrera S with factory Sport Design pkg that only says 911 in the bumper, some people have asked me why the Carrera S badge delete, my answer, I know is an S. To each its own.
LOL. I have a 991.1 Carrera 4 with factory Sport Design pkg that only says 911 in the bumper. I know it's NOT an S.
JuanK20 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 09:12 PM
raven_craft
Intermediate

Received 32 Likes on 12 Posts

Hi All, I used to have a 997 years ago, then took a break from the P-Car world and went back to BMW M-Cars, and now i'm back with a 991. Here are some before and after pics of my 991. I bought this car in 3 months ago and It is about 90% complete. Everything including headlights, DRL's and tail lights was pretty much plug and play. Bumpers, lights and exhaust are OEM GT3. Major thanks to the Rennlisters on here that have been answering questions through PM's and text to help me with this project. If it wasn't for Rennlist, i probably would not have even thought about doing any of this.

Before:

After:

Shout out to:

@whoadude For inspiring the GT3 look on a Carrera and being helpful through PM's & showing how a WB rear bumper fits a NB.
@hyp991 For his thread on the 991.2 rear and showing it's all mostly plug and play
@911. For helping me with ideas on the GT3 latch/lock mechanism. @97supratt For helping and selling me the OEM GT3 Crossmember/plate
@SoCal C2S For helping out with my Fitment questions and @SealGrey997 for the wheels.

Let me just get this out the way: I know some will love it, some may not like mods, and some Rocket Scientist will probably say something like "YoU sHoUld hAvE jUsT bOuGhT a GT3". Also, i'm not trying to be a "poser" i just really like the the aggressive styling of the GT cars, sorry if that is against the law.

Thanks all!

Updated pics:

November Update: Went back to dark wheels for the winter. I feel like the black wheels make the car look a bit more aggressive and less "show". They're 20" Advan GT wheels

looks amazing, currently doing a conversion right now. Was wondering how you handled the daytime running lights.

currently getting a fault on the screen
Viper1000 (03-18-2024)
Old 03-18-2024, 09:41 PM
Viper1000
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 177 Posts

Love the look! Yes the black wheels do look much better. The silver wheels almost make it look like a 370Z...I'm very temped to do the same to my C2S
Old 03-19-2024, 03:15 AM
PVKPorsche
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Just awesome

I said it before, thats an amazing job and what a transformation. Anyone that doesnt like it, too bad, its not their car. I am sure there is something or somethings on their car people dont like. Poser would be putting badges on that say its something its not. I did a similar transformation a few year back with a BMW and did just about everything to make it an M3 look alike and at first glance you couldnt tell until you started looking at some of the tell tale signs, but I never put on the badges. It was a 335i that just looked great and stood out from every other 335i. I wanted it to be unique and for the most part, only heard good things from people. Anyone that didnt like it, as long as they were respectful, I was fine with their opinion. Anyone that was disrespectful, not many fortunately, were just rally brave morons hiding behind their keyboards with miserable lives and I am glad I got to contribute to their misery. And you picked the right car because the 991.1 allows you to put that wing on without the concern of what we have with the 991.2 feeding air under the wing. Which seems to only be the TechArt Wing for us. Congrats again

Before:

After:

Shout out to:

Thanks all!

Updated pics:

JuanK20 (03-19-2024)
Old 03-19-2024, 08:06 AM
99-911
Instructor

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

Any idea if 991.2 doors are swappable to 991.1?
Old 07-17-2024, 07:01 PM
CLeagones
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Great looking upgrade !!!

Will a 991.2 turbo rear bumper fit on a 991.1 c4s? I know are widebodys but the turbo bumper has more venting .....definitely not sure about the lower valance ..can a .2 carrera valance work on the .2 turbo rear bumper ?
Old 07-18-2024, 12:08 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 99-911
Any idea if 991.2 doors are swappable to 991.1?
I don't see why not.

Originally Posted by CLeagones
Great looking upgrade !!!

Will a 991.2 turbo rear bumper fit on a 991.1 c4s? I know are widebodys but the turbo bumper has more venting .....definitely not sure about the lower valance ..can a .2 carrera valance work on the .2 turbo rear bumper ?
Since the C4S is widebody, any widebody rear bumper will bolt on with minimal modification. However, the rear valance, exhaust will not line up. You'll have to customize.
Old 08-08-2024, 04:34 PM
xhrix
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

Hi, can you please let me know what you did to get the 991.2 daytime lights to connect, since the connector is 3 pin vs 4 pin. thanks!
Old 08-19-2024, 12:02 PM
JuanK20
Burning Brakes

Received 300 Likes on 115 Posts

Are you talking about the bumper DRL's or the Headlight 4 dots?

The bumper DRLs were plug and play. The Headlights required an additional pin. Feel free to PM me.
Old Yesterday, 11:30 AM
machine3006
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got myself this and want to change front and rear bumper to a .2 even gt look like yours, and may add on the wing, any help would be much appreciated JuanK20

Quick Reply: My 991.1 to 991.2 Conversion