Sponsored by:

The Fidelity Platinum Megathread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 10:07 PM
BigT
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Claim Payment Experience ??

Great thread here, read it all and ready to buy. Just curious what the claims payment experience (positive or negative) has been. Most of this thread is about the purchase side. Anyone willing to share the backend experience with Fidelity Platinum either denying claims or short paying service charges, or denying coverage from independent shops versus dealers?
Thanks, Tom
Old 10-19-2021, 10:16 PM
BaltimoreHokie
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BigT
Great thread here, read it all and ready to buy. Just curious what the claims payment experience (positive or negative) has been. Most of this thread is about the purchase side. Anyone willing to share the backend experience with Fidelity Platinum either denying claims or short paying service charges, or denying coverage from independent shops versus dealers?
Thanks, Tom
I can't comment on how the claims work just yet but I noticed you were from Williamsburg VA. You're not that far away so maybe worth asking your Porsche dealers to also give you a quote. My 500 deductable fidelity quote was more exp then my Porsche VSP warranty w 250 deductible.

Porsche Annapolis worked great for me.
​​​
Old 10-21-2021, 10:36 AM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 117 Likes on 82 Posts
Default UPDATE: Online Fidelity Quoting Tool

Hey all - after a few tweaks, we have updated our Darwin Direct system which provides instant online quotes for the Fidelity Extended Warranty Plans.

Since the vast majority of plans purchased are Platinum coverage, we have streamlined the process by presenting ONLY Platinum coverage, but now have multiple year options with all three deductible levels. Of course, if you’re interested in choosing the Gold or Powertrain coverage, I can help via phone, but since nearly 90% of plans purchased are Platinum, this was an easy decision. We hope this new layout helps provide more options for comparison and ease of purchase, but of course, if any questions, don’t hesitate.

Thanks again for the continued support, and remember to use the RENNLIST promocode for the exclusive member discount!

Purchase Online Now: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Homepage: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Get 100% Free Online Quote: https://factoryprotect.ratessys.com/ (Code: RENNLIST for $200.00 Member Discount)

Last edited by SteingoldVolvoCars; 03-11-2022 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 11:40 PM
noahabel
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by SteingoldVolvoCars
Hey all - after a few tweaks, we have updated our Darwin Direct system which provides instant online quotes for the Fidelity Extended Warranty Plans.

Since the vast majority of plans purchased are Platinum coverage, we have streamlined the process by presenting ONLY Platinum coverage, but now have multiple year options with all three deductible levels. Of course, if you’re interested in choosing the Gold or Powertrain coverage, I can help via phone, but since nearly 90% of plans purchased are Platinum, this was an easy decision. We hope this new layout helps provide more options for comparison and ease of purchase, but of course, if any questions, don’t hesitate.

Thanks again for the continued support, and remember to use the RENNLIST promocode for the exclusive member discount!

Purchase Online Now: https://tinyurl.com/BuyFidelityWarrantyOnline
Do you offer plans with $500 deductable?
The following users liked this post:
Kelsey (01-29-2022)
Old 10-21-2021, 11:48 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by noahabel
Do you offer plans with $500 deductable?
Yes, of course but due to system limitations, we couldn’t include that one. You’ll need to call me direct at the office for that one. Regardless, most often the savings isn’t enough to justify to the $500 deductible - nearly all customer choose between the three options: $0, $100, $250 deductible
Old 11-06-2021, 04:05 PM
harr
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking at adding Fidelity Platinum 4yr / 48k to my 2013 Panamera Turbo @ 57k miles. Wondering if VSP might be a better option, anyone have a good contact to talk to at a dealer? Wondering if pricing varies, or I just talk to a finance manager at any local place..? Figured I'd explore my options before spending $10k on a warranty, seems like VSP is pretty well regarded, similar to Fidelity.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:18 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by harr
Looking at adding Fidelity Platinum 4yr / 48k to my 2013 Panamera Turbo @ 57k miles. Wondering if VSP might be a better option, anyone have a good contact to talk to at a dealer? Wondering if pricing varies, or I just talk to a finance manager at any local place..? Figured I'd explore my options before spending $10k on a warranty, seems like VSP is pretty well regarded, similar to Fidelity.
We can help for sure - use the Online Portal below for an instant online quote, and enter promocode RENNLIST to save an additional $200.00

GET FREE QUOTE: https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Old 11-06-2021, 04:29 PM
harr
Track Day

We can help for sure - use the Online Portal below for an instant online quote, and enter promocode RENNLIST to save an additional $200.00

GET FREE QUOTE: https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/...6-9f93980e95e5

Learn more: https://www.steingoldvolvocars.com/p...ranty-plan.htm
Thanks, Michael! Been doing that, love the tool. Looks like pricing (incl discount) is within VSP Platinum by like $50 (at least for 4/48), so will need to review exclusions and see what makes sense. I appreciate it!

-Brandon
Old 11-06-2021, 04:36 PM
BaltimoreHokie
Advanced

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by harr
Thanks, Michael! Been doing that, love the tool. Looks like pricing (incl discount) is within VSP Platinum by like $50 (at least for 4/48), so will need to review exclusions and see what makes sense. I appreciate it!

-Brandon
When you review. I'd like to know your thoughts. I went VSP for my 991.1 but I'd like to know what your pros and cons were.

I feel like biggest con would be it has to be a Porsche dealer, which could be tough for some if one isn't close by. Otherwise I'm not sure why the platinum VSP wouldn't be the best option through Porsche.
Old 11-06-2021, 04:53 PM
harr
Track Day

Originally Posted by BaltimoreHokie
When you review. I'd like to know your thoughts. I went VSP for my 991.1 but I'd like to know what your pros and cons were.

I feel like biggest con would be it has to be a Porsche dealer, which could be tough for some if one isn't close by. Otherwise I'm not sure why the platinum VSP wouldn't be the best option through Porsche.
That's what I'm thinking, especially since my local Porsche dealership here is only 4 miles away. That being said, I did get the list of exclusion from VSP platinum.. Attaching for reference.

Definitely need to print out and compare to Fidelity Plat.. Not sure but the below exclusion is a little concerning..

"Any Mechanical Breakdown of the vehicle frame and chassis, exhaust system including the catalytic converter, transmission cooler lines and hoses, manual clutch release bearing, clutch pilot bushings or bearing, clutch disc and pressure plate, shock absorbers or McPherson struts...".

I've specifically seen a "chassis warning" light on a dash before which indicated a problem with the air suspension and required a replacement of the air strut.. I think given the above exclusion, it's potentially reasonable to expect them to deny any claims around the air suspension. I think there's similar language in the Fidelity contract, but I have heard people getting air suspension claims approved by Fidelity. Will have to do some searching and see if the same holds true for Porsche VSP.

Attached Images
File Type: pdf
vsp-exclusion.pdf (7.10 MB, 94 views)
Old 11-18-2021, 05:45 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 546 Posts

GET FREE QUOTE: https://direct.darwinautomotive.com/...6-9f93980e95e5

Learn more: https://www.steingoldvolvocars.com/p...ranty-plan.htm
I'm looking at a Platinum warranty for my imminent purchase of a Boxster. Where do you enter the promo code to get the discount? Also how soon does the warranty take effect. I will be traveling to purchase and drive home. It would be nice to be covered with a long trip home with it.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:17 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Use the link below, and enter the code in the designated area.

https://steingoldvolvocars.factoryprotect.com/

Old 11-18-2021, 08:59 PM
Imola02
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

We need a Black Friday Fidelity deal!!
Old 11-18-2021, 09:22 PM
SteingoldVolvoCars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Imola02
We need a Black Friday Fidelity deal!!
I think I can make that happen, stay tuned..
noahabel (11-19-2021)
Old 11-18-2021, 10:35 PM
Prairiedawg
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 546 Posts

I think I can make that happen, stay tuned..

I'm in
noahabel (11-19-2021)

Quick Reply: The Fidelity Platinum Megathread