Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.1 GTS modified with PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2021, 09:18 PM
LVN2DRVN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful car. Love it
Where did you get the front spoiler? and do you know if it fits 991.2 GTS?
Thanks
Old 12-06-2021, 10:47 PM
Wizo
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 117 Posts

Thank you! The bumper was retrofitted with the Design911 accents - basically a lip and side canards.

I am not sure if they fit the .2 bumper but I would check out their website to find out.

I am actually removing it all and going to a GT3 bumper soon.
Old 12-06-2021, 11:01 PM
Joec500
Rennlist Member

Received 1,014 Likes on 604 Posts

Originally Posted by Wizo
Thanks Joe for your responses and picture.

I have chosen to go BC forged wheels and the face is gloss gunmetal with high polished lips. I was swayed heavily when I saw @ny911 and his GTS. They looked like BBS wheels with HRE classic style. I am tired of my black wheels as they are hard to see any details in them but might keep them as a spare set.

I do not have PDCC so I likely can go lower. I opted for 20 inch wheels so I could be more aggressive on tire (meaty) and lower it enough that they look bigger.

I just am debating on the price difference of $2k more to do the Bilsteins over the H&R VTFs…it’s just a lot of cash with all the mods I am doing at the same time.
I run a DSC and Damptronics and I am VERY happy with the setup. I am the type to do it once and be done. My guess is you will eventually upgrade to a real coilover when it's easier to stomach the premium. But in the long run it's better to just do it right the first time
Old 12-30-2021, 09:18 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,483 Likes on 794 Posts

Any updated pics with gt3 front bumper?
Old 12-30-2021, 09:38 AM
blackcheetah
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 117 Posts

Awesome your car enjoy
Old 12-30-2021, 09:40 AM
Wizo
Rennlist Member

Well - if you could believe it…my car is still at the body shop (3weeks) and apparently they had a few people quit through the holidays so the owner had been doing a lot of the work and paint without assistance.

I was just texted yesterday - they updated me that it should be ready next week to pick up.

it will then go to the race shop to have suspension, wheels and steering wheel installed. I will hopefully go with an aggressive camber setting to get a better handling car with a much lower stance.

Wheels are almost here and I just got emailed a photo of them. I also went with a new diffuser as my old one was generating too much heat touching the exhaust.

Here are some teasers:

I also upgraded the airbag to leather

New diffuser I am going to try

Last edited by Wizo; 12-30-2021 at 09:42 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Wizo:
AdamSanta85 (12-31-2021), desmotesta (12-30-2021), JuanK20 (12-30-2021), polobai (12-30-2021)
Old 12-30-2021, 05:47 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Sorry to hear it got delayed but I'm sure it will be worth it in the end. Those wheels will be sick!
Old 12-31-2021, 02:22 AM
Clubber
Racer

Received 485 Likes on 102 Posts

Well - if you could believe it…my car is still at the body shop (3weeks) and apparently they had a few people quit through the holidays so the owner had been doing a lot of the work and paint without assistance.

I was just texted yesterday - they updated me that it should be ready next week to pick up.

it will then go to the race shop to have suspension, wheels and steering wheel installed. I will hopefully go with an aggressive camber setting to get a better handling car with a much lower stance.

Wheels are almost here and I just got emailed a photo of them. I also went with a new diffuser as my old one was generating too much heat touching the exhaust.

Here are some teasers:

I also upgraded the airbag to leather

New diffuser I am going to try
Those wheels and steering wheel will look amazing. Can't wait for the photos.
Old 12-31-2021, 10:21 AM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,223 Likes on 718 Posts

Loving the build, the wheels, the bumper etc. Epic. I want that steering wheel so bad.

That being said, I am not feeling that non-functional Moshammer "diffuser". Have you considered the OEM GT3 diffuser? I know it doesn't look as noticeable but it performs a purpose, and won't melt from the exhaust. Or maybe even pairing the two together. Without the diffuser being under the car/engine, it's not going to diffuse anything.

Last edited by AdamSanta85; 12-31-2021 at 10:24 AM.
Old 12-31-2021, 02:38 PM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Received 362 Likes on 189 Posts

Nice built ! How you like the Zunsport full grill ?

Any more pics ? Did you install the long centre piece over the plastic ?
Old 12-31-2021, 09:51 PM
Wizo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
Loving the build, the wheels, the bumper etc. Epic. I want that steering wheel so bad.

That being said, I am not feeling that non-functional Moshammer "diffuser". Have you considered the OEM GT3 diffuser? I know it doesn't look as noticeable but it performs a purpose, and won't melt from the exhaust. Or maybe even pairing the two together. Without the diffuser being under the car/engine, it's not going to diffuse anything.

I realize that it won’t but also realize that the one I had before wasn’t much better. I think you’re right about the 911r version and I will likely buy one to see how hard it will be to retrofit to my car.

Honestly - at this point I just want my car back and some semblance of the rear finished. I literally have a Duraflex full rear bumper in my garage if I want to go that route but prefer oem stuff. The rear might be another project an other day if you know what I mean.

The steering wheel has become one of my favorite parts of this build. Once it’s all together - I believe it to be my only real connection to all
the new parts when driving it.

my only regret was not going a darker finish on the wheels. I was just so tired of black and the void it makes that unwanted to brighten it all up. Hence my decision and reason for what I chose. I also needed more offset as the sticks will evidently suck in too much once lowered.
The following users liked this post:
AdamSanta85 (01-05-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 09:54 PM
Wizo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Roswell88
Nice built ! How you like the Zunsport full grill ?

Any more pics ? Did you install the long centre piece over the plastic ?

I have 3 radiators including the center so it was functional and helped. The car should have had this from factory.

I think they fit ok but it was not perfect. The center was fine and the easiest to fit but the sides were difficult and one of the top ones did not fit as great as I hoped for. Either way / you have to do this as it protects the radiators from damage and it’s much better looking.
Old 12-31-2021, 11:04 PM
Roswell88
Burning Brakes

Received 362 Likes on 189 Posts

I have 3 radiators including the center so it was functional and helped. The car should have had this from factory.

I think they fit ok but it was not perfect. The center was fine and the easiest to fit but the sides were difficult and one of the top ones did not fit as great as I hoped for. Either way / you have to do this as it protects the radiators from damage and it’s much better looking.
thx for the feedbacks , yes I ordered a full set . Hope it fits well all around . Not sure I will install the centre piece yet as I don’t have the 3rd radiator, just a black plastic cover .
Old 01-01-2022, 12:53 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Any plans to go GT3 rear bumper down the road?
Old 01-01-2022, 02:18 PM
Wizo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Any plans to go GT3 rear bumper down the road?

for sure - but what stopped me was the fact that I spent 6k on all the soul exhaust parts and just bought new tips for it so I didn’t want to just throw away that money.

if I hadn’t already done that I would have done soul sport cats and headers and then did custom gt3 exhaust to complete the center exhaust.

definitely a project for down the road!!
The following users liked this post:
JuanK20 (01-01-2022)

Quick Reply: 991.1 GTS modified with PICS