Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable Auto start/stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2019, 11:59 AM
Thinc2
Pro

Received 188 Likes on 110 Posts

All we talk about is how much we value driver engagement, but then we complain endlessly about having to press a single button as part of the startup sequence. It seems odd to me that this is so aggravating to folks.

I'm sure we all have a startup sequence - which may include pushing the Auto Stop button, pushing the seat heater button 3 times (!), perhaps switching to a preferred driving mode, putting the car in gear, releasing the parking brake etc.

To me, having a start up sequence is part of the enjoyment of getting ready to drive. I'd be a lot more bothered if I had to do this in an appliance like an SUV.
The following users liked this post:
JFerraro17 (12-17-2019)
Old 05-02-2020, 03:10 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 288 Likes on 185 Posts

The way I see it - my Porsche sports car should be perfect. If it's not, and I can fix it - I do. A/S/S was invented to satisfy EPA ratings which has nothing to do with driving enjoyment. They didn't make it to save the gas... It saves maybe an ounze a year. It puts excessive wear and tear on the engine and parts. So ife there is a way to get rid of these abomination - I will. And I did. And now we helping others do the right thing

Yes it just one press of a button. If you remember it. Is it difficult? No. Should we have to do it in a perfect world? No. So by defeating a/s/s we make world a little bit more perfect

-Vlad
T-Design9.com
Memory Modules and more.
Cupdholders, Sunglass Holsters and more at T-Design9.com

The following users liked this post:
Noah Fect (05-02-2020)
Old 05-02-2020, 03:15 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Oh, and Memory Module for SC **** on steering wheel is coming in a week or so. Actually the first modules already went to the customers on the waiting list and so we were out of stock immediately. And now waiting for next batch to come from the factory. Thank God the factory is in Texas, not China...

-Vlad
T-Design9.com
Old 05-02-2020, 08:13 AM
rbrunelle
Racer

Received 270 Likes on 84 Posts

A PIWIS in developer mode can permanently disable start stop
Old 05-02-2020, 05:17 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Originally Posted by Thinc2
All we talk about is how much we value driver engagement, but then we complain endlessly about having to press a single button as part of the startup sequence. It seems odd to me that this is so aggravating to folks.
(Shrug) Enjoy your six-figure Skinner box. Some people prefer a car that does what they tell it to do, and not the other way around.

Originally Posted by rbrunelle
A PIWIS in developer mode can permanently disable start stop
Yes, which is like using a nuke to take out the hornet nest in your back yard. And it still won't do the right thing, which is to remember the settings between drive cycles. The T-Design module is a good solution for that.
Old 05-02-2020, 07:32 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,458 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Thinc2

I'm sure we all have a startup sequence - which may include pushing the Auto Stop button, pushing the seat heater button 3 times (!), perhaps switching to a preferred driving mode, putting the car in gear, releasing the parking brake etc.

To me, having a start up sequence is part of the enjoyment of getting ready to drive. I'd be a lot more bothered if I had to do this in an appliance like an SUV.
I don't want to worry about the paint wearing off my SC Mode switch so count me in.
Old 05-03-2020, 01:12 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
I don't want to worry about the paint wearing off my SC Mode switch so count me in.
Yes, that blue paint is so cool!
Old 05-30-2020, 03:18 AM
Rod Robertson
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by t-design
The way I see it - my Porsche sports car should be perfect. If it's not, and I can fix it - I do. A/S/S was invented to satisfy EPA ratings which has nothing to do with driving enjoyment. They didn't make it to save the gas... It saves maybe an ounze a year. It puts excessive wear and tear on the engine and parts. So ife there is a way to get rid of these abomination - I will. And I did. And now we helping others do the right thing

Yes it just one press of a button. If you remember it. Is it difficult? No. Should we have to do it in a perfect world? No. So by defeating a/s/s we make world a little bit more perfect

-Vlad
T-Design9.com
Memory Modules and more.
The dreaded ABKO campaign for the Porsche Panamera has put the stop start on permanently and turned off the exhaust controls as well. Pretty upset and looking for anyone with knowledge on how to cheat the change
Old 05-30-2020, 08:05 AM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rod Robertson
The dreaded ABKO campaign for the Porsche Panamera has put the stop start on permanently and turned off the exhaust controls as well. Pretty upset and looking for anyone with knowledge on how to cheat the change
Wow, after Googling that, it looks like PSE no longer works in the UK?

In the US, that'd be worth a multi-million dollar lawsuit.
Old 05-30-2020, 08:39 AM
amet
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 36 Posts

when you say permanently, do you mean permanently on start and there is no way to disable it using the button?
Old 05-30-2020, 11:34 AM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 461 Likes on 313 Posts

Somebody should try just drilling a hole down thru it. That might fix it. It is a PITA Greenie eco button. I am never buying a Porsche to be 🍀 or to save the 🌍
it needs a delete option in the Configurator if the Greenie ****'s say Porsche must offer it.
ABKO sounds like *****. What is it?
Old 05-30-2020, 09:26 PM
Rod Robertson
4th Gear

Originally Posted by amet
when you say permanently, do you mean permanently on start and there is no way to disable it using the button?
Yes, the stop/start functionality is always on and they have taken the button away so you can not turn it off
Old 05-30-2020, 11:14 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Yes, the stop/start functionality is always on and they have taken the button away so you can not turn it off
Literally removed the button from the console?

And the PSE button?
Old 05-30-2020, 11:17 PM
Rod Robertson
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Noah Fect
Literally removed the button from the console?

And the PSE button?

In the 971, it is a software (virtual) button
Old 05-31-2020, 01:59 AM
t-design
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

WTF is abco?

Quick Reply: Disable Auto start/stop