Disable Auto start/stop

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2019, 07:11 PM
Yzfrr11
Advanced

Received 36 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Russell
I set me individual mode with it off
When you start the car, is it initially in Individual mode, or do you have to switch to it?
Old 12-13-2019, 12:29 AM
achtung6
Racer

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Yzfrr11
When you start the car, is it initially in Individual mode, or do you have to switch to it?
You have to switch to it. The advantage to the memory module is that it disables A/S/S without your involvement. Others have expressed not being burdened by having to press the button to disable it or by switching drive modes. To each their own. I rather not have to press anything to disable this worthless nuisance of a feature on my car. So I bought the module, installed it and love it.

For me the module is worthwhile, even at twice the price.
The following users liked this post:
shammerman (12-13-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 12:34 AM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by fuddman
I looked at installing the T design on my .2.

I don't remember all the details on why I decided not to, except that the hook up for my car, after looking at it closely, seemed a bit squirly. So I passed.
The module is acts as an interface between the car and the cluster of buttons on the center console between the ash tray and the shifter. It can only interface with those buttons and not the drive mode selector on the steering wheel which is the reason it doesn't remember drive modes on cars equipped with sport chrono (drive mode selector on steering wheel). I don't need the module to remember my last drive mode. I don't mind it starting out in Normal mode. What I mind is the A/S/S and the memory module fixes this issue seamlessly. You can also use it to remember your PSE setting but I like the factory programming for this. I doesn't need to remember PASM setting as the car is programmed at the factory to do so.
Old 12-13-2019, 03:23 AM
Schorsch
Racer

Received 134 Likes on 73 Posts

Where is the module installed? How big is it? Are there any pictures of it? Thank you!
Old 12-13-2019, 10:16 AM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 663 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by Schorsch
Where is the module installed? How big is it? Are there any pictures of it? Thank you!
@Schorsch - Look at the video at the bottom of this page. It shows the module as well as the installation. https://t-design9.com/memory_module.html
Schorsch (12-14-2019)
Old 12-13-2019, 03:18 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by Schorsch
The module fits in the ample space that exists underneath the box that contains the switches for the A/S/S/, PASM, PSE, etc. I stuck is with double sided tape to the sides of that space. It's an easy fit.
Old 12-14-2019, 03:14 PM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 89 Posts

Sorry, I couldn’t resist...

The following 5 users liked this post by Norsk:
0luke1 (12-18-2019), B Russ (12-14-2019), darlinboy (12-15-2019), felo001 (12-14-2019), George from MD (05-31-2020)
Old 12-15-2019, 04:01 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by Norsk
Sorry, I couldn’t resist...
You're in a unique situation in which one of your 911s comes with A/S/S from the factory and the other does not. Have you not been inconvenienced by A/S/S (or is it ***? LOL) in the Carrera? The engine shutting off right while you're in the middle of manouvering to park is a prime example of how this bothered me before I installed the T-Design module. Just curious.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:10 PM
Jack F
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 766 Likes on 545 Posts

Originally Posted by achtung6
You're in a unique situation in which one of your 911s comes with A/S/S from the factory and the other does not. Have you not been inconvenienced by A/S/S (or is it ***? LOL) in the Carrera? The engine shutting off right while you're in the middle of manouvering to park is a prime example of how this bothered me before I installed the T-Design module. Just curious.
Drive car in sport mode or make the individual mode how you want it and include *** off.
Old 12-15-2019, 11:44 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,458 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by Jack F
Drive car in sport mode or make the individual mode how you want it and include *** off.
But you still have to put it in one of those modes....I wish I could start the car and have it in Sport mode without doing anything, which as most know disables ***.
PCA1983 (05-30-2020)
Old 12-16-2019, 10:52 AM
Norsk
Rennlist Member

Received 206 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by achtung6
Yes, it’s a PITA, but I hit the mode switch on start-up to defeat it. “Normal” mode is a joke.
Old 12-16-2019, 02:22 PM
achtung6
Racer

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
But you still have to put it in one of those modes....I wish I could start the car and have it in Sport mode without doing anything, which as most know disables ***.
Exactly. Before I got the memory module I would switch to Sport right away or press the A/S/S button. I don't always use my car for sporty driving; many times, it's normal errands and switching modes and pressing buttons is inconvenient.......and many times, I would just forget to the disable ***. The module has cured that and made the car that much more enjoyable. I can respect that others don't mind the extra steps but it does bother me on a car with sporting pretensions. I'm glad there is a cure for the 991.2 owners who feel the same.
911BOSS (12-16-2019)
Old 12-16-2019, 10:51 PM
DHL
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 114 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
With Sport Chrono (and only with Sport Chrono) you can save individual parameters, including A/S/S off, to your key fob memory in individual mode. Then when you start the car the A/S/S will automatically start in OFF state.

My car does not have Sport Chrono, so I have to push that bloody button every time I start the car. I am getting that module. $199 is a bit steep but it may pay back in convenience and starter/battery life.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:09 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,458 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Originally Posted by DHL
With Sport Chrono (and only with Sport Chrono) you can save individual parameters, including A/S/S off, to your key fob memory in individual mode. Then when you start the car the A/S/S will automatically start in OFF state.

My car does not have Sport Chrono, so I have to push that bloody button every time I start the car. I am getting that module. $199 is a bit steep but it may pay back in convenience and starter/battery life.
What do you mean only with Sport Chrono? How can you save it your key? I have Individual Mode but the car has to be started to access it.
Old 12-16-2019, 11:12 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 860 Likes on 564 Posts

Get um Bob

Quick Reply: Disable Auto start/stop