Sponsored by:

COBB Tuning - Accessport Flashing Without ECU Removal

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2019, 08:48 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,432 Likes on 2,347 Posts

Originally Posted by The Ox
Went to the COBB website, it still says you have to remove the ECU. Am I missing something?
Yes, I loaded mine via the ECU the other day - ECU removal is no longer required.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:18 PM
Carlo_Carrera
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,483 Likes on 1,567 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Yes, I loaded mine via the ECU the other day - ECU removal is no longer required.
Has it stopped raining there? Have you posted a review?
Old 12-26-2019, 10:28 PM
B Russ
Rennlist Member

Received 794 Likes on 535 Posts

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Zzzzzzzzzzz lol
Old 12-26-2019, 10:57 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Carlo_Carrera
Nope, still lousy. It was sunny & 80 in Orlando but 62 here on the beach and fog so thick I could not see across A1A, and odds are the weather will not break until next week when a front comes through (can you tell I follow the weather?!). Trust me, when I take her out I will post my thoughts here when I get back home!
Old 12-27-2019, 03:02 AM
GT Rennsport
Advanced

Received 81 Likes on 33 Posts

I've got an AP V3 that has the latest firmware installed. $1295 shipped.
Old 12-27-2019, 09:26 AM
The Ox
Rennlist Member

Received 127 Likes on 79 Posts

Thank you.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:12 PM
HMBGTS
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very interested in this one. Are most people doing this ECU flash also pairing it with Cobb's high flow filter install? My understanding is its 2-3 hours of labor on the 991.2 to get that thing installed.

Old 12-27-2019, 12:26 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by HMBGTS
Very interested in this one. Are most people doing this ECU flash also pairing it with Cobb's high flow filter install? My understanding is its 2-3 hours of labor on the 991.2 to get that thing installed.
OEM filter flows well with high flow cats on the GTS and I have no plans to change it, and I may even load the Stage 2 Map w/93 depending on how the Stage 1 is but I am inclined to stick with Stage 1 so as to not over stress things.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:29 PM
HMBGTS
Track Day

OEM filter flows well with high flow cats on the GTS and I have no plans to change it, and I may even load the Stage 2 Map w/93 depending on how the Stage 1 is but I am inclined to stick with Stage 1 so as to not over stress things.
No high flow cats on my GTS, straight stock. Figure Cobb is recommending the high flow filter with the tune for a reason, other than an extra $300 in their pocket? Abundance of caution, or maybe a small perf gain?
Old 12-27-2019, 03:01 PM
luv2sleep
Burning Brakes

Received 278 Likes on 184 Posts

Those who think that they are smarter than the tuner, in this case COBB, is going down a slippery slope. No student is smarter than the master. There's a reason why a stage 2 tune requires better airflow with high flow cats/cat bypass and high flow air filter. I won't beat this horse to death anymore as it's dead and gone to horsey heaven. Ask yourselves, do ya feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?Seriously folks, are you willing to bet on your laziness and cheap out by not spending the extra $300 for a high flow filter on your beloved 6 figure beast?!?! The Darwin Award Society is always looking for more recipients.
Old 12-27-2019, 03:43 PM
HMBGTS
Track Day

Originally Posted by luv2sleep
Those who think that they are smarter than the tuner, in this case COBB, is going down a slippery slope. No student is smarter than the master. There's a reason why a stage 2 tune requires better airflow with high flow cats/cat bypass and high flow air filter. I won't beat this horse to death anymore as it's dead and gone to horsey heaven. Ask yourselves, do ya feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?Seriously folks, are you willing to bet on your laziness and cheap out by not spending the extra $300 for a high flow filter on your beloved 6 figure beast?!?! The Darwin Award Society is always looking for more recipients.
My thoughts exactly... If they listed together, I'm thinking there is good reason to invest in the filter...
Old 12-27-2019, 05:04 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Well I will take it from the horse's mouth, in this case Cobb's mouth, who said there are several GTS owners that are running the Stage 2 Map with just high flow cats, and they are happy with the gains and not blowing up their cars. Do you really think that just a tiny bit more air flow is going to make a difference?!

Better yet Darwin, let me quote them: "We actually have a good chunk of GTS owners using Stage 2 maps with that configuration. Since the car comes with a higher flowing exhaust standard, the high flow cats are all that is required."
Old 12-27-2019, 05:13 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 317 Likes on 158 Posts

Think of this logically, the Base and the GTS use the same air filters.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:25 PM
polobai
Drifting

Received 1,125 Likes on 670 Posts

No high flow filter here...452 whp with just the stage 1 OTS tune (no hardware changes). Currently running cat bypass pipes and a protune with the stock filter...no issues. I will replace eventually-but it’s not because of performance gains-really just to be able to wash/reuse.
Old 12-27-2019, 11:30 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by polobai
No high flow filter here...452 whp with just the stage 1 OTS tune (no hardware changes). Currently running cat bypass pipes and a protune with the stock filter...no issues. I will replace eventually-but it’s not because of performance gains-really just to be able to wash/reuse.
So taking off the bumper to be able to wash/reuse the filter is a good thing? I would not bother and yeah, I know the GT cars use different filters but they have to be able to justify the price increase somehow! Seriously, research the OEM filters and you may change your mind, especially since they do not have to be changed for a LONG time.

Quick Reply: COBB Tuning - Accessport Flashing Without ECU Removal