Sponsored by:

Wireless CarPlay working

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2019, 11:09 AM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by darlinboy
Had my carlinkit a couple of weeks now - won't work at all. Applied for a return and got a label to send to China, with me paying postage! F- that. Requested a refund and was processed yesterday. Dongle went in the trash.

Anyone tried this setup?

https://carplay2air.com/?gclid=EAIaI...SAAEgJ5FPD_BwE

Looks suspiciously similar to the carlinkit setup so I am leery of giving it a try without some confirmed successful users weighing in.
Yes this video looks same as Carlinke.
The following users liked this post:
darlinboy (11-09-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 03:21 AM
Spatcho
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default change language

Hello, the interface language can be updated separately.
I had the same problem with the USB dongle carlinkit in Chinese on my Audi S5.
I updated with the firmware from post #219 but the interface remained in Chinese.
Today I received from the seller the file to change the language only and now it is in English.
Load the attached file and follow the same procedure. This file just changes the language of the dongle.
Greeting

File IMG

Last edited by Spatcho; 11-16-2019 at 03:37 AM.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:05 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

Still working as expected. At start up I have to wait a bit, but otherwise it works well. Sorry so many of you had an issue.

Use my iPhone app for Sirius XM, maps, iTunes, messages, Siri. All good.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:19 PM
good2go
Pro

Received 159 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Still working as expected. At start up I have to wait a bit, but otherwise it works well. Sorry so many of you had an issue.

Use my iPhone app for Sirius XM, maps, iTunes, messages, Siri. All good.
all the comments On working and not working but most people have not stated which MY of Porsche they have, what model of iPhone they have and what version of iOS they have.

what model/year Porsche do you have?
what version of iPhone?
what iOS do you have?
Old 11-21-2019, 10:22 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good2go
all the comments On working and not working but most people have not stated which MY of Porsche they have, what model of iPhone they have and what version of iOS they have.

what model/year Porsche do you have?
what version of iPhone?
what iOS do you have?
Already stated above, but for your convenience:

’17 C2 MT
iPhone XS
IOS 13.2.2

You are welcome.
Old 11-21-2019, 11:42 AM
good2go
Pro

Already stated above, but for your convenience:

’17 C2 MT
iPhone XS
IOS 13.2.2

You are welcome.
sorry, speaking in general. I have read some that worked and many that haven’t worked, most of the post have not stated the information to help identify why some work and some don’t. I purchased one and when I get home ‘‘tis weekend I will install. I’m curious to see what happens.
Old 11-26-2019, 06:45 PM
ckyr
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Tried both carlinkit and carplay2air (they seem to be identical products). Both work very well (2019 C4S, iPhone XS, iOS 13.2.3).
Old 11-26-2019, 08:45 PM
good2go
Pro

I installed my Wireless AppleCar play. Took a little to figure out but its working really well.

I have a MY19 C4S
iPhone 8
iOS 13.2.3

What caused issues. My Bluetooth on my phone connected to the car before it would connect to the dongle. It still knows its Apple CarPlay, but it will never connect, and sit there Waiting for Connection. I went into the phone and said forget my Porsche Bluetooth. Then it took a little for the WiFi to connect. After I connected the Bluetooth and WiFi, it would connect pretty fast. I have another issue where it would not connect. I noticed my wife's phone connected to the Porsche Bluetooth first. I have to tell Porsche to forget about her Bluetooth. Now it works every time. It does take a while to connect 20 to 30 seconds. I start to drive our the drive way and its normally connected by the time I get half way down the driveway. If I pop into a store and come back out, it connects instantly. Not sure why, maybe something still has power.

When it first connects and music is playing the music is crackly for 2 seconds. Then perfect. No issues receiving or making calls, no issues listening to text messages, or dictating messages. MN is a hands free state so its nice to get in and have Apple CarPlay front and center. CarPlay seems updated and that nice too.

HTH
Old 11-26-2019, 11:38 PM
nicholascanada
Pro

Received 274 Likes on 141 Posts

Anyone with a November date image file that works? All the October ones I have tried, including the Oct 15 one posted here earlier, wont work for me. So want to figure this out lol!
Old 11-27-2019, 10:17 AM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by good2go
I installed my Wireless AppleCar play. Took a little to figure out but its working really well.

I have a MY19 C4S
iPhone 8
iOS 13.2.3

What caused issues. My Bluetooth on my phone connected to the car before it would connect to the dongle. It still knows its Apple CarPlay, but it will never connect, and sit there Waiting for Connection. I went into the phone and said forget my Porsche Bluetooth. Then it took a little for the WiFi to connect. After I connected the Bluetooth and WiFi, it would connect pretty fast. I have another issue where it would not connect. I noticed my wife's phone connected to the Porsche Bluetooth first. I have to tell Porsche to forget about her Bluetooth. Now it works every time. It does take a while to connect 20 to 30 seconds. I start to drive our the drive way and its normally connected by the time I get half way down the driveway. If I pop into a store and come back out, it connects instantly. Not sure why, maybe something still has power.

When it first connects and music is playing the music is crackly for 2 seconds. Then perfect. No issues receiving or making calls, no issues listening to text messages, or dictating messages. MN is a hands free state so its nice to get in and have Apple CarPlay front and center. CarPlay seems updated and that nice too.

HTH
This is exactly my experience. Halfway down the driveway I am linked and ready to go. So sorry it’s not working for some but for me, no issues at all. I’ve had it running for almost a month now.
Old 11-27-2019, 11:23 AM
good2go
Pro

This is exactly my experience. Halfway down the driveway I am linked and ready to go. So sorry it’s not working for some but for me, no issues at all. I’ve had it running for almost a month now.
I wonder if they deleted the Bluetooth to Porsche car. If they didn't it would look like its trying to connect but it will never connect, because its the wrong Bluetooth. If you forced the correct Bluetooth, it would most likely fail next time, because it will connect to cars Bluetooth really fast. Can you confirm if you removed the Bluetooth connection to the cars Bluetooth?
Old 11-27-2019, 11:25 AM
dhirm5
Rennlist Member

Received 1,451 Likes on 798 Posts

Do you happen to know what firmware you have on your adapter? Mine came w the Oct 15 one and works generally fine, with the caveat of occasional glitches mostly with regards to volume too high or too low.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:44 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 135 Likes on 106 Posts

Sent both of mine back. Too many glitches. Volume went down when text came in and never went back up.....that was the last straw for me. Cool idea, I'm glad some of you have it working.
Old 11-27-2019, 04:47 PM
good2go
Pro

Originally Posted by 911boy
Sent both of mine back. Too many glitches. Volume went down when text came in and never went back up.....that was the last straw for me. Cool idea, I'm glad some of you have it working.
volume always goes down when a text comes in, even when it’s plugged in. But it should go back up.

wondering which phone, iOS and which car you have?
Old 11-27-2019, 04:50 PM
good2go
Pro

Originally Posted by nicholascanada
Anyone with a November date image file that works? All the October ones I have tried, including the Oct 15 one posted here earlier, wont work for me. So want to figure this out lol!
curious what phone, what version of iOS, what year, model of Porsche.

did you delete the Bluetooth connection in your phone to the Porsche Bluetooth? Make sure a spouse’s phone is not connecting also. Everything worked after I remove the existing Bluetooth connections.

Quick Reply: Wireless CarPlay working