Old 06-01-2020, 05:28 PM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 173 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by LWG
Posted on the 991 page with your info - hope to get you more sales
Gorgeous picture!!! and thank you for recommending us!!

Wow that looks so good! Can't wait to get mine on!
Post up a pic or 2 once installed if you get a chance!!

Ordered a set today. Thanks all - love adding these little touches.
Thank you!! Crazy how much of an impact these little touches have!!

Shop & SAVE on Genuine OEM Porsche Parts, Accessories & Driver's Selection!
Contact Us · Shop Audi & BMW Parts too!

Old 06-02-2020, 06:23 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Received 214 Likes on 111 Posts

Installed mine today and a couple other small pieces. Took me much longer than anticipated because I managed to break almost every tab on the stock side skirts on the way out on each side and needed to pry each one out one by one. Definitely need to do something about the gap. I’d hate to get some gravel in there and have it rattling around.

The following users liked this post:
LWG (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 08:27 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Received 635 Likes on 234 Posts

Originally Posted by rjongco
Installed mine today and a couple other small pieces. Took me much longer than anticipated because I managed to break almost every tab on the stock side skirts on the way out on each side and needed to pry each one out one by one. Definitely need to do something about the gap. I’d hate to get some gravel in there and have it rattling around.

So what I did was I left all the upper black clips on the car. Did not fuss with removing those. I unclipped the stock skirts at the rear and pulled OUT not DOWN on the skirt to unclip it. Worked my way to the front and it was very easy. Then removed the the black upper clips on the new RS skirts and slid in the skirts into the stock black clips still on the car. That worked best for me.

Im going to take another look at why they dont sit flush at the rear. Not really adding up....although the gap doesn't bother me too much.

Looks great BTW!
Old 06-02-2020, 08:36 PM
SConn
Rennlist Member

Received 975 Likes on 579 Posts

Mine arrive Friday... Is everyone having the gapping issue? I'd really prefer not to use caulking to fill it.
Old 06-02-2020, 08:39 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C7toM2toGT4?
Mine arrive Friday... Is everyone having the gapping issue? I'd really prefer not to use caulking to fill it.
Im very familiar with silicone in my line of work but could not bring myself to add it to fill that gap. I have a feeling its just pressure of the fitment (for some reason) and its causing the skirt to slide back off the upper black pop in rivets. Thats the only thing I can think of....

Might just need to secure the epoxy or silicone in the clips into the skirt first...hmmm
Old 06-02-2020, 09:08 PM
slocumda@yahoo.com
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 13 Posts

I feel that additional pressure on the attachment will not reduce the gap significantly enough. Caulking is a very acceptable solution that matches closely enough to make the gap simply fade into the back ground. Checkout the earlier posted pictures to get a better idea of the finished product. I think you'll find it works very well. But we all are up for any other alternatives of course.
LWG (06-02-2020)
Old 06-02-2020, 09:10 PM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by slocumda@yahoo.com
I feel that additional pressure on the attachment will not reduce the gap significantly enough. Caulking is a very acceptable solution that matches closely enough to make the gap simply fade into the back ground. Checkout the earlier posted pictures to get a better idea of the finished product. I think you'll find it works very well. But we all are up for any other alternatives of course.
For sure it looks good and that will be my thing to do - just wanted to "sleep on it" - as to be honest - doesn't bother me all that much.
Old 06-02-2020, 09:58 PM
SConn
Rennlist Member

Received 975 Likes on 579 Posts

Originally Posted by LWG
Im very familiar with silicone in my line of work but could not bring myself to add it to fill that gap. I have a feeling its just pressure of the fitment (for some reason) and its causing the skirt to slide back off the upper black pop in rivets. Thats the only thing I can think of....

Might just need to secure the epoxy or silicone in the clips into the skirt first...hmmm
I completely agree. We use caulking in our shower and around the windows. Hoping we figure out a way to make it flush.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:58 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by LWG
So what I did was I left all the upper black clips on the car. Did not fuss with removing those. I unclipped the stock skirts at the rear and pulled OUT not DOWN on the skirt to unclip it. Worked my way to the front and it was very easy. Then removed the the black upper clips on the new RS skirts and slid in the skirts into the stock black clips still on the car. That worked best for me.

Im going to take another look at why they dont sit flush at the rear. Not really adding up....although the gap doesn't bother me too much.

Looks great BTW!
that would have made much more sense haha
Old 06-03-2020, 10:08 AM
getPorscheSilverSpringParts
Premium Dealer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 173 Likes on 115 Posts

Thanks for posting! Looks great, and LOVE the color of the wheels on black!!
rjongco (06-03-2020)
Old 06-03-2020, 07:33 PM
Hokidachi
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

I ordered the skirts thinking that I would install them myself. Now I’m wondering if they can be installed without lifting the car... I don’t even have jack stands.

Did anyone install the skirts without lifting their car? Was that easy?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2020, 07:42 PM
rjongco
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Hokidachi
I ordered the skirts thinking that I would install them myself. Now I’m wondering if they can be installed without lifting the car... I don’t even have jack stands.

Thanks!
you don’t need a lift. I installed mine on the ground.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:56 AM
LWG
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Hokidachi

Thanks!
I drove up on race ramps, thats it. Probably didn't have too but It got me up 2 inches higher.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:20 PM
Hokidachi
Advanced

you don’t need a lift. I installed mine on the ground.
Thanks!
Old 06-04-2020, 06:21 PM
Hokidachi
Advanced

Originally Posted by LWG
I drove up on race ramps, thats it. Probably didn't have too but It got me up 2 inches higher.
I'm going to check those race ramps, just in case!
LWG (06-04-2020)

Quick Reply: Installed GT3RS side skirts on my GTS