Sponsored by:

Map Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2019, 10:38 PM
shammerman
Rennlist Member

Received 603 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by DerekS
@shammerman Can you please see if Caveson in Frisco TX shows up on your maps?
If you mean Caveson Dr. - then yes.

Old 05-31-2019, 10:39 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

Thanks very much! I'll know things are legit if that search works, then.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:58 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Aaaaaand everything now works. Whew! Up to the latest PCM, maps are working now, and my NAV-TV even still works.
Old 06-01-2019, 02:59 PM
Pavegeno928
Rennlist Member

Received 429 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by DerekS
Aaaaaand everything now works. Whew! Up to the latest PCM, maps are working now, and my NAV-TV even still works.
Excellent!
Old 06-01-2019, 03:44 PM
freeman
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Derek S

Perhaps you should THANK Shammerman and Pavegeno928 for their efforts. We also thank them because we all now know where Caveson Drive is in Frisco, Texas.
Can you tell us the great gourmet restaurants in Frisco Texas? Seriously, we have driven through there visiting family and we have found some great Barbeque, but we like variety. Being Yankees but Southern, we have not found any great seafood or French.

Lest you think otherwise as this suggests, I am serious. It is not meant to be demeaning or sarcastic or offensive. I love Texas and its seafood (?)

I am the OP of this site and if you look carefully, I spent a great deal of time with PCNA and educating my dealer. In fact PCNA just last week reimbursed me for the full cost of their map updates which were subsequently installed correctly by my dealer once I told him what was going on. He had no contact with PCNA so did not know the procedure.

Mine works as well after I sat with the Service Advisor and Technician and they ordered the right stuff. This is the fault of PCNA for not consulting their Service Advisors and Technicians. .

It gives me a greats sinking feeling or the possibility of any future purchases of a Porsche.

I can even find Caveson Drive in Frisco Texas. .
Old 06-01-2019, 03:48 PM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by freeman
Derek S
Can you tell us the great gourmet restaurants in Frisco Texas? Seriously, we have driven through there visiting family and we have found some great Barbeque, but we like variety. Being Yankees but Southern, we have not found any great seafood or French.

Lest you think otherwise as this suggests, I am serious. It is not meant to be demeaning or sarcastic or offensive. I love Texas and its seafood (?)

Pappadeux is a great seafood/cajun place. You won't be disappointed. Also have plenty of excellent Mexican food joints.
In fact, hell, hit me up next time you're in town and let's have a meal!

As for Porsche and the ridiculousness that its map updates entail...I'm used to it, TBH. I had similar problems updating the maps on my 997.2. It's a really bad design and shameful when lesser cars make this process so simple. I do hope to see improvements in this area in later Porsches.

I understand you're really angry about the process, but man...life is short. Pick your battles. Go drive your awesome car...that always has the effect of making me happy when life gets to me.

Quick Reply: Map Update